Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Wink MARCH TO MOUNT MAELSTROM - SATURDAY the 28th of September - 5PM GMT (6PM BST)

Hello folks!

Commander Duke Witherheart here!

Now most of you will know that I held the Strike on Southsun at the end of August.

And it was pretty successful.

Now every PvE farmer and their aunt is killing the Legendary Karka Queen on a daily basis, thanks to ArenaNet recently buffing the rewards for doing so. It would be easy to just repeat an attack on Southsun Cove, but I like to keep things original!

So we're going to go walkabout, rampaging across the Shiverpeaks in a four hour feista while we travel from Hoelbrak to Mount Maelstrom. This time, our target will be the Megadestroyer residing in the depths of the volcano.

Strike on Southsun exceeded my expectations immensely thanks to the support of [RPS] and the wider Guild Wars 2 community. Will March to Mount Maelstrom be as profitable?

Where and when do we meet up?

Hoelbrak, 5PM (that's GMT - so 6PM if you're British) on Saturday the 28th! Just come to my commander tag there and then.

Never been there before? You can get there using the asura portal located in Lion's Arch!

Do I need anything?

A good attitude and a fighting spirit (again)!

We will be using Gunnar's Hold Mumble. Sign up over on the relevant forum for details or we'll tell you how to get on during the evening.

Since we'll be doing some fairly high-end PvE then coming on your highest level character may help you survive a little better. Empty your inventory beforehand too - we're in for a lot of loot!

Where are we going?

To Mount Maelstrom!

Yes, we are running from Hoelbrak to Mount Maelstrom. I predict the route to look something like this...

What are we doing?

I want for us to try and take down the Megadestroyer. We will also be doing PvE events while travelling through the zones on the way, so this could be a good chance for you to pick up some world completion in Dredgehaunt Cliffs, Timberline Falls and Mount Maelstrom.

The more events we do while partied together, the more influence we'll bring in for the guild! That'll enable us to keep doing our regular guild missions and also score some great karma for all of us.

We'll be taking a fairly leisurely pace, also killing champions as we go.

Do I need to do anything?

Not really - just turn up!

But if you're nice I'd appreciate if you could post in this thread to let me know if you're coming. I'll also be posting this on the Gunnar's Hold forum, the official forum and my blog. If you could post in either (or both!) of the other threads to show your support, that would also be fantastic. We managed to get a turnout of about 90 people for the Strike on Southsun - and that's down to the support of you kind folks!

PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR USUAL SATURDAY GUILD MISSIONS ON THE 28TH WILL BE TAKING PLACE ON SUNDAY THE 29TH INSTEAD TO ACCOMMODATE THIS EVENT.

Please feel free to message me in-game on Duke Witherheart if you have any questions.

PS: If we still have big numbers by the end of the night, we might revisit Southsun Cove, so please make sure you at least have a few waypoints there.
    Last edited by Krathor; 14-09-2013 at 03:34 PM.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Network Hub
    I'll bring my camera and an extra film.
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Will try to make it this time, Duke. Probably only for the second half once kids are asleep, though.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Cool I should be there
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

I'll try to be there, can't promise anything, tho.

Network Hub
    I'd like to be there, if I'm in town. Count me in. if I'm in town. Did I already say that? :P
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Love the route map this should be fun!
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    this looks great fun, I queued up a 24hr gathering boost with the idea of running something like this; so can I suggest you take it past as many nodes as possible...
    will definitely be along if i'm available
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    I'll be there unless some RL emergency rears it's head.

Activated Node
    I'll come along this time, sounds like lots of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    this looks great fun, I queued up a 24hr gathering boost with the idea of running something like this; so can I suggest you take it past as many nodes as possible...
    will definitely be along if i'm available
    Nodes sound good.

In all honesty, if the Megadestroyer isn't up when we get the Mount Maelstrom, I intend for us to piss around in that zone for pretty much as long as it takes.

Thanks to everyone who has posted so far for their replies.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

Obscure Node
    I'm up for this, assuming no RL interventions. Hopefully by then I can get my thief (Gaernos) to 80; if not, I'll bring one of my other 80s.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    I'd love to bish bash bosh but am off away to sisters I suspect that weekend alas! Boo
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    I'd love to bish bash bosh but am off away to sisters I suspect that weekend alas! Boo
    DUke cna you please check with Monkey next time to make sure he is available then!
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    DUke cna you please check with Monkey next time to make sure he is available then!
    This, in triplicate.

You know it makes sense.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

It was three weeks away Monkey! I can't plan further ahead than that myself!
    Guild Wars 2:

Activated Node
    I hope your TOMTOM has new batteries, dont want to get lost on route.

I make no promises.

This is a week away!
    Guild Wars 2:

Guild Wars 2:

Won't miss this one, cya Saturday!
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.