Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

IMPORTANT NOTICE - Guild member activity survey

Hey everyone,

as you might have noticed, the guild roster of "Rock, Paper, Signet" has recently reached its maximum capacity of 500 members. Obviously, this is less than what we would have wished for and in a perfect GW2 world, we would have as many guild members as there people interested in joining.

Sadly, that's not the case. While some people take a pause from playing the game, new people would like to actively partake in the guild's community. Therefore, we have decided that it is time to contact players that haven't logged into the game for a longer while and check back with them if they are just on a momentary hiatus or if they aren't planning to get back into the game in the foreseeable future. Edit: This means, we are not going to kick people from the guild just because they have paused playing for a few weeks. What we're trying to achieve is to identify players who won't be playing for a long time (like several months or longer) or who have lost interest in the game and don't plan to come back at all.

To this end, we are sending out in-game messages to all player accounts on the guild roster that have no achievement points listed. Obviously, this is a workaround at the moment, since Arenanet hasn't yet provided us with the means to check the last date of login for a given account.

So, if you haven't played the game in a while but would still like to stay listed as a guild member, do contact us either here or in-game. Of course, if you find you have already been removed from the guild roster, please feel free to post a short message in the introductions thread and we will re-instate you as a guild member.

Hopefully, an increase of the maximum guild roster capacity will be made available in the future. Until then, we hope that we don't step on anyone's toes with this course of action and that this workaround will work out as intended.

Best
    officers of [RPS] + squirrelfanatic
    Last edited by Squiz; 10-07-2013 at 02:52 PM.

Darkwingstalker/Rolo may not play often, but I'm trying to play as much as possible so please don't steal my spot
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    If I still have a character or characters in the guild, kick 'em.

No worries, it's noted Zippy.

Edit: If you say so, PW. Noone objects the President.

I think I should still be in the guild under Battlehenkie. I won't be coming back to GW2 as I can't stand the game so you can kick me/him/it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlehenkie View Post
    I think I should still be in the guild under Battlehenkie. I won't be coming back to GW2 as I can't stand the game so you can kick me/him/it out.
    Cheers, done.

I rarely represent RPS these (only really when I join you for a fractal or dungeon these days) so you can remove me if you need the space

Though depending how things work out over the next 2 weeks considering some things happening I may apply for membership again :P
    Last edited by Lippsy; 10-07-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Got it, Lippsy. Actually, I was already wondering about your status, but since we're getting some room on the roster now, I didn't want to plain kick you.

In general (not aimed at anyone in particular), I don't mind people playing in several guilds, as long as they represent RPS every now and then during their non-other-guild playing time. Our influence bank balance is fine at the moment, but if someone participates in guild missions, I would expect a bit of contribution every now and then.

Having said that, I've got a private guild myself for the additional bank space, but I only ever represent it when I need the access or at the beginning/end of a gaming session to get a tiny bit of influence for karma banners and such.

Network Hub
    My characters (names in the signature) might not be so active for a few upcoming weeks as I have a summer job that requires to get up at 5AM and since I live in GMT+2 I won't be attending many guild events as they start mostly when I'm going to bed or preparing to. Usually I'm not here over the weekends as well. :/
    GW2: Eknurr (Lvl 80 Engi), Elaina Mischievous (Lvl 80 Ranger), Neeaha (Lvl 80 Mesmer), Bald Carl (Lvl 80 Guardian)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    The emphasis here is (I think) squarely on those who are not playing the game any more, or only very very rarely playing. We aren't going to start kicking people just because they take a few weeks away.

Lippsy: your last comment sounds ominous, but I guess here is not the place to ask about it
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

jha4ceb is correct of course, this was poor wording on my part. We are not planning to kick people who haven't logged in for a couple of weeks. Our goal is to identify people who most likely won't be coming back to the game for an extended amount of time (like a couple months or longer) or who have completely lost interest in the game. I'll edit the first post accordingly.

Obscure Node
    Hello,

I probably won't be coming back for a while, so feel free to kick me from the guild.

Noted, Jotuns. Please get in touch if you ever feel like joining us again!

hey guys,

I don't play that much, but I am back with still another character, the infamous Masked Asura: Jakk of blades, Mesmer extraordinaire.

We'll see if I finaly find what I am looking for (U2 music can be heard in the backbround). It will make or break this game for me :P.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    We'll see if I finaly find what I am looking for (U2 music can be heard in the backbround). It will make or break this game for me :P.
    Get on mumble when you do pop in and get some banter going - just makes the game for a number of us. Band up for even small scale exploring if you can - ask away in guild chat.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    Get on mumble when you do pop in and get some banter going - just makes the game for a number of us. Band up for even small scale exploring if you can - ask away in guild chat.
    yeah I could do that... thing is, it gets a little tough for me to comprenhend english when lots of people are talking :P

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    yeah I could do that... thing is, it gets a little tough for me to comprenhend english when lots of people are talking :P
    ah don't worry a number of the supposed native "english" speakers just grunt and hoot anyway
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

It's mostly hooting, really.

So how many did we lose in the great cull of 2013?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I think we're currently down to around 400 members; although there are a few more to cull so could end up at approximately 350; which is a higher active population than I expected.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera