Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar

July 6th 17:00 BST (18:00 CEST, 19:00 EEST) Esamir

July 6th 17:00 BST Esamir

[FU] and a couple of other TRAM outfits are inviting TVA and NCTO for battle over Esamir. To be frank, the arrangement is a bit too similar to an alert IMHO, but it is a Miller community event. In any case, Dignity from [DIG] contacted me and asked me to pass the word around, so at least [DIG] will probably be around.

Anyway, I don't know if we're interested, what with this being a double XP weekend and all, but I thought I should let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    July 6th 17:00 BST Esamir

[FU] and a couple of other TRAM outfits are inviting TVA and NCTO for battle over Esamir. To be frank, the arrangement is a bit too similar to an alert IMHO, but it is a Miller community event. In any case, Dignity from [DIG] contacted me and asked me to pass the word around, so at least [DIG] will probably be around.

Anyway, I don't know if we're interested, what with this being a double XP weekend and all, but I thought I should let you know.
    Sounds like fun! Could be worth doing, since Miller really does have an awesome community, across all factions. It'd be nice for us to do our part! ^^

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I'm sure a few Traitors will be on, but I'm not likely to be one of them. Supposed to have friends over, and I ignored friends yesterday in favour of freedom friday :P
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I've got a friend's (surprise) birthday party to go to tonight, so I'll miss it too. Wounds like fun, though!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Meh, Esamir means that tr will spam harassers, and it's not going to be all that much fun. TVA is aware, but idk whether there will be much participation. The continent choice and timing are both inconvenient.

I cannot participate either. Meeting some friends and drinking stuff tonight^^

I am meeting fellow RPS dudes in a gaming bar, so oh well. Good luck to anyone that turns up, obligatory nerf strikers comment

I'll be joining Folk ARPS for a game of Crusader Kings II around that time :/

I'm the one who organized this so quick stuff:
    -This will be featured in a future FNO, all outfits that participate will be mentioned
    -Hadouken from our outfit has the observer cam to record the entirety of the event.
    -I told Dignity 1 month ago for the 1st time and he told me he would tell the rest of TVA...he did so the day before t seems so not TRAM's fought.
    -Esamir was chosen because that will enable armor warfare (Amerish can't handle it). Infantry and Air is always viable obviously. Indar was a no from the beginning due to pop.
    -This was planned far in ahead, we didn't know there would be double xp weekend :S
    - This is for fun :3

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Mhm, you should primarily get in touch with Stanis for getting TVA involved. Nemesis, Eurobob, or me may also work, or a post on the subreddit. No one really knew this was going to happen, meaning that there probably won't be a proper TVA contingent. It'd be great if you guys could maybe be more inclusive when organising this? While the continent choice is debatable, this is too early for the usual TVA ops.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Well, Vanu just capped Esa as I logged in, so is this happening even?

Well, that was fun. Joined in late, but amazing massive battles everywhere. Highlight for me was probably the defence of Glacier Station. We got contained within the tower, almost seemed that we lost it, but managed to break out and flank from the south, across the mountain.

Was great fun, even with the fuck up :P

Ah well, time to plan for the next alliance war! :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Well, that was fun. Joined in late, but amazing massive battles everywhere. Highlight for me was probably the defence of Glacier Station. We got contained within the tower, almost seemed that we lost it, but managed to break out and flank from the south, across the mountain.
    Around that time was probably the high point of the air squad too, or maybe a little bit later when fighting around The Traverse. We felt like we were making a difference there, keeping the skies relatively clear, and most enemy air occupied with us rather than our ground forces.

Quote Originally Posted by Adenn View Post
    Was great fun, even with the fuck up :P

Ah well, time to plan for the next alliance war! :P
    In the official PS2 forums Hadouken posted that you had over 120 members online at peak, and in another post some other Freelancer mentioned trouble with queues. During our CtA events we contact TVA and ask them to avoid our continent of choice until we're sorted out.

In the official PS2 forums Hadouken posted that you had over 120 members online at peak, and in another post some other Freelancer mentioned trouble with queues. During our CtA events we contact TVA and ask them to avoid our continent of choice until we're sorted out.
    Everyone who arrived on time for us got in esamir before TRAM. They were the ones with queue problems. Some people got on late and 1 of my squad leaders crashed. But we generally had little problems with queues.

Network Hub
    I really enjoyed the part when I think BRTD did a max crash at Eisa, but we saw it on the radar and knew they were coming. It was shredded to pieces pretty quickly, and though I only got like 1 kill with my 2 bricks of C4, I got around 7-8 assists.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Just noticed the linked PSU forum post says 17:00 GMT, which would have been 18:00 BST (etc). So perhaps that's been some of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Just noticed the linked PSU forum post says 17:00 GMT, which would have been 18:00 BST (etc). So perhaps that's been some of the problem.
    Aye. But meh next event will be better.