Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Achievement Hunters

With the new patch today, it looks like there may be some more reasons to hunt out some of the less common achievements to get the new skins etc. I thought I'd kick off a new thread so RPS folk could share tips on getting these, and seek groups for getting some of the rarer ones. I refuse to grind (some of the wvw ones are insane) but some look fun.
    First on my list, spending 700k karma on booze to get the thirst quencher achievement. Despite being a Norn, I may have a hangover...
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    I refuse to grind
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    thirst quencher
    I'm not sure I understand.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I'm also up for some of the more interesting achievements but wont grind, so the drink title is out for now.

But I'll be doing more jumping puzzles/mini dungeons and still trying to get more dungeon paths done (and would really love the 3 stories I'm missing too).

Oh and doing s/tpvp is a good way of just grabbing a few easy points, especially if you've not already done the monthly. I played 6 games with a necro yesterday (having not used one there before) and picked up about 20 points for that, but then the necro build I'm using is crazy and I did luckily win the 6 games.

But yes, anyone want to get a team for the WvW jumping puzzles at least? As I don't think I've ever completed them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I've bucketfuls of karma sitting around from general play since September, with no use unless I gamble it on RNG Orrian boxes.
    Might as well drink it...
    EDIT: checking more clearly, this seems to involve at least 25000 clicks to buy it, and the same to drink it. Which is obviously madness, so I'll strike thirst slayer off my achievements to do list!
    Last edited by Xanadu; 09-07-2013 at 01:32 PM.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    i'll be looking to grab some of the exploration achievements in the weeks to come.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Haha, Drunkard title from GW1 has called. It wants a word with people stating that GW2's Thirst Slayer (great name btw) is farming.

From the GW1 wiki article on Drunkard (highlights by me):

"We've changed the method of acquisition for this title, so that players now earn points directly from consuming drinks. The amount of points players earn depends on how strong the drink is. Players previously attained points by having characters spend time drunk, maxing out at 10,000 minutes. This method was convoluted and not clearly explained; players did not receive points unless they were at a minimum tier of drunkenness. Because players went down a tier for every minute spent drunk, many players had to use counterintuitive methods for keeping track of their progress on the title. The new version of acquisition is easier to understand and does not rely on hidden systems. The change does not significantly affect the cost of obtaining the title; however, it does spare people the necessity of spending seven days of real time inebriated in-game."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I didn't get the gw1 drunkard title either. that, sweet tooth, the lucky/inlucky and wisdom title tracks were hard! And grindy! Given that I turn 40 next week, the idea of spending 7 days inebriated has some appeal... Back on topic, was after many of the exploration achievements myself. Next couple if days will be busy with new content, but I don't think I have any of the mini dungeons or the skritt burglar ones.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thanks to all (particularly you helpful mesmers) for the exploration fun yesterday post guild rush. I got all of the kites apart from the one in the dark cave where we got kicked out (Shall try that again tonight), and some new JP and exploration achievements to go with it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Summer holiday plans do not sit well with achievements and ANets temporary content roadshow
    2 weeks to get my monthly (fractals and WvW should cover that), a week for Queen Jenna's gubbins released on the 6th, and if I'm lucky I'll have 48 hours at the start of September to do whatever 1st anniversary stuff gets rolled out on the 20th if it has a 2 week deadline as expected (and if you have to log in on the 28th for the birthday I'll just sulk
    On a more constructive note, if anyone wants to join up with me the next 2 weeks to do this that would be grand!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Yargh and I always try to get achievements done, obviously PAYDAY being released on the 13th might interfere with this plan but just shout in guild if you need help and we'll tag along if we're around
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie
    Subscribe to our RPS_GW2 Twitter: twitter.com/rps_gw2

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I am seriously thinking of going on holiday to avoid another celebration event (I hear Orr is quite nice this time of year); maybe they are factoring summer holiday's into their thinking and there won't be much to do anway.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera
    Steam ID: IHawksbane

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Miller's Sound were very generous contributors to my monthly yesterday, got the 50 kills in no time...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Yep, that was a pretty awesome MS farm in bay.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.