Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DotA item trading

Hey there,
    I thought that, since we got already a DotA group going, we might as well have a thread where we can find people to trade items with.

My motvation for this is the fact, that I wanted to complete certain teams with those player cards that are currently dropping. I know it is kinda silly, but I can't help it ;)

I'm searching for cards from Na'Vi, Mousesports and Rattlesnake. You can see all cards I own in my inventory (profile link is in my signature). So if there is anyone that is willing to trade, just add me on Steam!

Also, feel free to use this thread for any other trading offers ;)
    My Steam profile

The pun-less, but not fun-less RPS Pinball Steam group

You can only trade player cards for Dota2 items, not other Steam inventory items, right?

I've just been applying them to my Compendium, but I haven't had time to look up what that does for me. (since challenges haven't been implemented yet) Any ideas?
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 09-07-2013 at 04:00 PM.

If I have any cards you want let me know, also have an extra forgemasters mask for Axe and some shirt for Omniknight: inventory. I don't have a compendium so this is more of an adoption thing, free to a good home and all that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lasikbear View Post
    If I have any cards you want let me know, also have an extra forgemasters mask for Axe and some shirt for Omniknight: inventory. I don't have a compendium so this is more of an adoption thing, free to a good home and all that.
    You could still trade those cards for items.

Edit: you got a couple that you could probably trade for a pretty penny. I can imagine those Na'Vi cards (specially XBOCT) and Synderen being in pretty high demand.

Quote Originally Posted by deadly.by.design View Post
    You can only trade player cards for Dota2 items, not other Steam inventory items, right?

I've just been applying them to my Compendium, but I haven't had time to look up what that does for me. (since challenges haven't been implemented yet) Any ideas?
    You can trade any items, really. You just have to find someone that is willing to do so ;)
    The only restriction I have seen, is that you can't put them on the Steam Market. Cyborgmatts blog states the following possibilities for challenges:

“DOTA_TIP_Player_Card_Challenge_0″ “Stamp one complete team\nReward: ???”
    “DOTA_TIP_Player_Card_Challenge_1″ “Stamp five complete teams\nReward: ???”
    “DOTA_TIP_Player_Card_Challenge_2″ “Stamp all Player Cards\nReward: ???”
    “DOTA_TIP_Player_Card_Challenge_3″ “Stamp this randomly selected team: %s1\nReward: ???”
    “DOTA_TIP_Player_Card_Challenge_4″ “Stamp this randomly selected team: %s1\nReward: ???”
    “DOTA_TIP_Player_Card_Challenge_5″ “Stamp any Mythical Player Card\nReward: ???”

@
    lasikbear: You indeed have some cards I am interested in. I just added you.
    My Steam profile

Well, shoot. I have Notail and Fluffnstuff already stamped into my book, but I guess I'll trade the rest.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaira-/inventory#570

Right, bunch of stuff up for trades - CM's mantle, Huskar's helmet and spear, all the Invoker/Jugger/PL/Bloodseeker/BH/Kunkka-stuff and so - if something catches your eye, lemme know and it might be available for trade. If you have something for CM, Omni, Naix (does he have items yet?), Dragon Knight, Skele King, Lion or Lich (or something from heroes that arent ones I'm trying to get rid off), lemme know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post

Right, bunch of stuff up for trades - CM's mantle, Huskar's helmet and spear, all the Invoker/Jugger/PL/Bloodseeker/BH/Kunkka-stuff and so - if something catches your eye, lemme know and it might be available for trade. If you have something for CM, Omni, Naix (does he have items yet?), Dragon Knight, Skele King, Lion or Lich (or something from heroes that arent ones I'm trying to get rid off), lemme know.
    I might like to trade you a Dragon Knight item for your Axe's Bloodmist Pauldrons. (I have the crescent and wouldn't mind matching it) I have some vambraces, but you'll probably be more interested in my Wyrm Skirt of the Uldorak. I sent you a friend request to get the ball rolling, but it's up to you.

My Dota2 Inventory

As far as Compendium Player Cards go, though... Are there any benefits right now, aside from vanity? Any idea what the player challenges will be?
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 09-07-2013 at 08:19 PM.

I'd like the Snowdrop mantle for CM. I really like that set. How do you feel about trading your wards? ;)
    I've got several items for DK, Omni and SK, just take a look (link in the signature).

@deadly.by.design: I just searched again for the use of them, but apart from those challenges, there seems to be no other function to them.
    My Steam profile

@deadly.by.design - sure thing, drop me a message on Steam when you're ready (I was sleeping when you dropped me a message last time)

@stirbelwurm - you wouldn't be willing to give up the Sigil of Radiant Crusader for Snowdrop mantle? Also, as for wards, I'm willing to give up on Blueheart Spotters, I just like Hellgazer too much :P

@deadly.by.design - sure thing, drop me a message on Steam when you're ready (I was sleeping when you dropped me a message last time)
    Okay, will do. I'm EDT time zone, so that makes sense.

I now have a shoulder item for Axe, so I may be interested in either the Bounty Hunter Shuriken, Disruptor Pauldrons, or something else. I've also got a head item for Lion, so I might be willing to let go of that, depending on what you're willing to trade. We can figure out what we're comfortable with later.

I might like to trade you a Dragon Knight item for your Axe's Bloodmist Pauldrons. (I have the crescent and wouldn't mind matching it) I have some vambraces, but you'll probably be more interested in my Wyrm Skirt of the Uldorak. I sent you a friend request to get the ball rolling, but it's up to you.

My Dota2 Inventory

As far as Compendium Player Cards go, though... Are there any benefits right now, aside from vanity? Any idea what the player challenges will be?
    Test patch has the following change in the changelog:

- Added Player Card rewards. Unlock the Smeevil Crab mount by stamping complete teams

There you go.
    My Steam profile

Cool - good to know.

Any idea if the Bloodstone (for beta participation) has any current or future use? Looks like mine is mythical. Some folks are saying you can delete it for a chance at getting another item, but that just sounds like a fool's trick.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 11-07-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Activated Node
    Cool - good to know.

Any idea if the Bloodstone (for beta participation) has any current or future use? Looks like mine is mythical. Some folks are saying you can delete it for a chance at getting another item, but that just sounds like a fool's trick.
    Seems to me like it's just an item to show appreciation for beta testers/epeen like the medal in TF2 for people who bought it before it went F2P?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    I'm trading in for Fnatic.MSI, I already have n0tail and h4nn1 so looking for trixi, era and fly

This is my inventory: http://steamcommunity.com/id/pakoito/inventory
    Last edited by pakoito; 14-07-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    I'm trading in for Fnatic.MSI, I already have n0tail and h4nn1 so looking for trixi, era and fly

This is my inventory: http://steamcommunity.com/id/pakoito/inventory
    Dota 2 booster pack? You lucky dog, you.

It took me until two days ago to get my first booster, and then it was Blocks that Matter...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Dota 2 booster pack? You lucky dog, you.

It took me until two days ago to get my first booster, and then it was Blocks that Matter...
    It's $2, I don't even know when I got it. I may trade it in for a game :/

If someone's trying to collect cards for the compendium and is missing some, I have a few up for trades:
    1437 from LGD.int (twice)
    Ling from Invasion MUFC
    Misery from LGD.int

Give me a hoot if you wish to trade for something.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Linky linky to my inventory.

Mostly looking for LGD.cn and RattleSnake cards (Because the Compendium has decided those are the teams I must complete. Whatever).

Things not for sale: SyndereN card, Omniknight stuff, Bounty Hunter stuff, Weaver stuff, Axe stuff, Necrolyte's scythe, Lina's hair (no, it's not the arcana; I f'ing wish it was). Repeats for any hero are a-ok, of course.

Feel free to PM me or add me on Steam or whathaveya.

The two my Compendium says to complete are LGD.int and NAVI.

I'm not sure how much I'll complete, but a friend gave me his cards and I said I might be able to get an item or two for them.