Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Call To Arms: 21st July

Oi oi.

PC Gamer have challenged us to another head to head on 21st of July from 7pm UK. Sounds like they fancy their chances. Can't have that, eh?

-jim

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    PC "PS2 is the third best shooter of all time" Gamer? Well they definitely take the game more seriously than we do, I'll give 'em that.

One reservation might be that we're only just starting to get cohesive and organised as a unit again after the last CtA, but I do very little of the organizing myself so I'd see what everyone else thinks before committing myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Oh really? I think we can ensure they suffer for that.

(btw, can we not have the location preannounced this time - last time it was all over the interwebs, we got near enough warp gate camped by BR>50 TR and NC throughout. I'm sure we can arrange to set a location via tells or something on the night. Although PCG will probably need some help, based off the 200 vs 60 or whatever it was last time)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Oh really? I think we can ensure they suffer for that.

(btw, can we not have the location preannounced this time - last time it was all over the interwebs, we got near enough warp gate camped by BR>50 TR and NC throughout. I'm sure we can arrange to set a location via tells or something on the night. Although PCG will probably need some help, based off the 200 vs 60 or whatever it was last time)
    IIRC we almost warpgated the TR last time around.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    You're not wrong!

I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

If I haven't had to move my computer; I'll be there. Can't have PCG showing us up...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Sounds like fun! We need a constant challenge to keep us on our toes and CtA is always fun too!

will have too see if this coincides with my vacation plans (Amsterdam!). If so, this may be the first CtA I'll miss.

Agree with CMaster on organisational issues.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    Yes, on the lowest pop continent where nobody was expecting us (Quanta did mention . We also actually warpgated the NC on Indar on CTA 3.
    The point was that on CTA2, the location was visible on Steam and other places for a long time before hand, so TRAM and NCTO came to farm our new guys for certs, and kept us fighting at about 2 bases for most of the night.

@Jaguar
    Honestly, I'm thinking this is less to do with CtA and more to do with the outfit in general. Something for the meeting I think

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Even if you try to hide the location, the fact that there is a CTA gives enough reason for some to see it as an oppertunity to start farming. The moment your CTA starts, it's a dead give away of the locations. 60-70% VS on one continent is rather hard to hide.

But I wonder what the weapon type of choice this time will be for the hunting party. I can already smell the bbq coming.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'd like to propose moving to a temporary membership for CTA participants via a new member rang. I.e., people that join get the be "CTA" rang and are kicked from the outfit after a week or so. Anyone who goes through the new member introduction would promptly be promoted to giraffe. that way, we could make sure that those that stay are familiar with the basics, and stop further inflating our numbers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    Even if you try to hide the location, the fact that there is a CTA gives enough reason for some to see it as an oppertunity to start farming. The moment your CTA starts, it's a dead give away of the locations. 60-70% VS on one continent is rather hard to hide.
    It was only reallly a problem for CtA2, where all the enemies knew exactly when and where we would be, so they organised special ops for it and took us down. It also didn't help that we started out with very little territory, meaning there was no chance to break off from the fight. For 3 and 4 it wasn't anything like as bad - sure, those in the know sought out all the tasty BR1s, I'm sure. But it wasn't the entirety of TRAM, using all their gear to just keep us bottle up in one amp station, with NC hovering off to the side, making sure we couldn't flank the TR.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Sounds like fun! We need a constant challenge to keep us on our toes and CtA is always fun too!

will have too see if this coincides with my vacation plans (Amsterdam!). If so, this may be the first CtA I'll miss.

Agree with CMaster on organisational issues.
    Amsterdam will still be there.

Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

the location was announced last time as a decoy. we planned to go to esamir instead, but we found amerish completely abandoned. Do what you will is what I say, I wont be there anyway.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    Amsterdam will still be there.
    True, but my son will not be away and my wife will not come with me outside of a few times a year, max. Thankfully, there was no collision, so I'll be there.

I'll be there, and can radio-op / squad-lead as needed.

Lesser Hivemind Node BasicPauly's Avatar
    Sounds fun. Decent amount of time to prepare, and hopefully I can be there from the off this time!

Ill try to help out where I can, maybe RO, or SL or whatever.

If we are running an air squad for this, I might be interested in that again.

Obscure Node
    These always seem to occur on my work sundays, but I will try to put in an appearance and bring heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealuu View Post
    These always seem to occur on my work sundays, but I will try to put in an appearance and bring heals.
    Hooray! /10

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Count me in for PLing or SLing as required. Can't imagine I'll be up to much else on the 21st