Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 156
  1. #81
    Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    759
    I can fit in wherever (PL/SL). Assuming I'm not dying of sunburn - supposed to be hanging out in Hyde Park on Saturday with a bunch of animators. We don't get many opportunities to tan is all I'm saying.

  2. #82
    I should be able to PL/SL. I'd also like to try SG at some point (not necessarily this CtA), so if someone can't make it or wants a break, I can step up.

    I'd also be interested in taking part in/running an Air Squadron. It's something we're pretty good at, is showy and can really be effective against the limp-wristed PCG :P

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei Onryou View Post
    I should be able to PL/SL. I'd also like to try SG at some point (not necessarily this CtA), so if someone can't make it or wants a break, I can step up.

    I'd also be interested in taking part in/running an Air Squadron. It's something we're pretty good at, is showy and can really be effective against the limp-wristed PCG :P
    Squaddie, signing up, sah! *salute*

  4. #84
    Network Hub Qw33r's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Germany, Baden-Württemberg
    Posts
    191
    I would be happy to RO, alternatively SL if needed at the CtA, but atm not sure if I can make it at Sunday

  5. #85
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,141
    Cheers Sino, its a good list to have floating about!

    We should probably keep a note of that somewhere for others to make use of it too.

  6. #86
    Lesser Hivemind Node madmoxxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    936
    should i be like always? annoying and loud?
    She's got lots of layers, like an onion made of boobs.
    - Lilith about Moxxi
    Be my friend on Steam

  7. #87
    Lesser Hivemind Node Ksempac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    900
    Can a mod please sticky the Call To Arms guide ? http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...ight=Call+Arms

    Thanks in advance

    It seems we're a bit sleepy for this CtA, i don't see much activity in the thread. Wake up people, it's next Sunday !

    Do we agree that we're not using Dewi's coms system ? (he seems to imply in his answer to my post). If so, do we use the usual setup (StratGir with added SG), or the one that Quanta introduced during last CtA (Platoon operator between SG and PL) ? I'm not sure what platoons leaders thought about it, some seemed ok, and some seemed very frustrated with it.
    Last edited by Ksempac; 16-07-2013 at 06:09 PM.

  8. #88
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden (Göteborg)
    Posts
    3,317
    Quote Originally Posted by madmoxxi View Post
    should i be like always? annoying and loud?
    Of course.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    Do we agree that we're not using Dewi's coms system ? (he seems to imply in his answer to my post). If so, do we use the usual setup (StratGir with added SG), or the one that Quanta introduced during last CtA (Platoon operator between SG and PL) ? I'm not sure what platoons leaders thought about it, some seemed ok, and some seemed very frustrated with it.
    The one QuantaCat used, although having its merits, is no longer alive, IIRC. It's possible that RED is still in its "all-in-one" state, but otherwise, channels have been restored--I think. Someone needs to verify this. Someone who is not me, perhaps.

    There is a good alternative to using either Dewi's system or the old one (woth SLs and ROs) and that is using a middle route between the two. It would be easy to combine things so that the "war council" from last StratGir is kept intact, while retaining ROs as PL's contact person in each squad, and leaving SLs in their own command loop, as before. That would make PLs more engaged in high-level strategy, and give them more people to talk to, while leaving squads free to do their jobs as on previous Calls to Arms.

    Letting PLs keep their talk to whole platoon bind requires a little bit of fiddling, but otherwise, this might turn out really well, I think. I think I'll be home in time to implement this in time for StratGir, if people want to try it then. Or for weekend play.

  9. #89
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dewi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,082
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Of course.


    The one QuantaCat used, although having its merits, is no longer alive, IIRC. It's possible that RED is still in its "all-in-one" state, but otherwise, channels have been restored--I think. Someone needs to verify this. Someone who is not me, perhaps.

    There is a good alternative to using either Dewi's system or the old one (woth SLs and ROs) and that is using a middle route between the two. It would be easy to combine things so that the "war council" from last StratGir is kept intact, while retaining ROs as PL's contact person in each squad, and leaving SLs in their own command loop, as before. That would make PLs more engaged in high-level strategy, and give them more people to talk to, while leaving squads free to do their jobs as on previous Calls to Arms.

    Letting PLs keep their talk to whole platoon bind requires a little bit of fiddling, but otherwise, this might turn out really well, I think. I think I'll be home in time to implement this in time for StratGir, if people want to try it then. Or for weekend play.
    Middle ground is good!!!

  10. #90
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by madmoxxi View Post
    should i be like always? annoying and loud?
    I dont view you as annoying or loud.... But maybe thats because im annoying and loud too? :| Oh the painful realisation!


    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Organisation stuff
    I dont know why we deviated from the PL SL RO system that we had originally agonised over last time.
    Surely the best solution is to simply have the old setup, but add duplicates of the setup as we need them... Like we have done before.

    Any cross communication between them can just filter up through to the several PLs, can it not? After all, the supremes have the final call on the general decision making during CTA, so that frees up enough brain space for PLs to handle comms better.

    -SG1 Control of:

    --PL1 Control of:
    ---SL/RO1 (A) - Alpha
    ---SL/RO2 (B) - Bravo
    ---SL/RO3 (C) - Charlie
    ---SL/RO4 (D) - Delta

    --PL2 Control of:
    ---SL/RO5 (AB Style) - Echo
    ---SL/RO6 (CD Style) - Foxtrot


    --PL3 Control of:
    ---SL/RO7 (ABCD Style) - Golf



    -SG2 Control of:

    --PL4 Control of:
    ---SL/RO8 (A) - Hotel
    ---SL/RO9 (B) - India
    ---SL/RO10 (C) - Juliet
    ---SL/RO11 (D) - Kilo

    --PL5 Control of:
    ---SL/RO12 (AB Style) - Lima
    ---SL/RO13 (CD Style) - Mike


    --PL6 Control of:
    ---SL/RO14 (ABCD Style) - November



    --Special squad commander (PL): (?)
    ---Tank squad SL/RO (A) - Oscar
    ---Air Squad SL/RO (B) (Ground crew cycles when cooldowns) - Papa
    ---Para Support SL/RO (C) (with transport support via Air Squad) - Quebec
    ---Repair Crew SL/RO (D) - Romeo
    could be done in a AB - CD Setup, and give one special platoon to each major SG.

    Seems like a simple system that would fit in with our previously set up comms ideas.

  11. #91
    Lesser Hivemind Node madmoxxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    936
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Of course.
    good it is what i do the best

    Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post
    I dont view you as annoying or loud.... But maybe thats because im annoying and loud too? :| Oh the painful realisation!
    we can be annoying and loud togheter
    She's got lots of layers, like an onion made of boobs.
    - Lilith about Moxxi
    Be my friend on Steam

  12. #92
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dewi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,082
    I would recommend we keep each platoon in the same format, I felt it was far too complicated the last time, plus smaller channels means newbies will feel more able to ask questions. People new to a group will shy away from speaking if the group is too large

  13. #93
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    47
    I'm away on the 21st, gutted!

  14. #94
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,659
    I'm up for filling in any role, from SG (assistant) down to SL.

  15. #95
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dewi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,082
    Spreadsheet created! I've scoured all 3 CtA threads and put names down of people who signed up. Sorry if I missed anyone! Feel free to add your names down here, the platoons themselves will be sorted closer to Sunday:

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...nc&usp=sharing

  16. #96
    Lesser Hivemind Node Ksempac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    900
    Thanks dewi

    Still need a mod for that :
    Can a mod please sticky the Call To Arms guide ? http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...ight=Call+Arms
    (btw, who are our mods ?)

  17. #97
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dewi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,082
    Quanta, Eso and MrEclectic I believe

  18. #98
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden (Göteborg)
    Posts
    3,317
    Close! It's QuantaCat, Cooper and MrEclectic. I'm just website editor and Mumble wizard (admin).

  19. #99
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,141
    Im thinking that I might be part of the air squad, though I wouldnt consider myself proficient enough to lead the air squad tbh, so if anything, id probably like to fill the role of backup SL or RO in the case that somebody need me. Basically, consider all others before shoving me in one of those positions, but I will if needed. Looks like SL wont be a problem, but if more ROs are needed, that might be the best position to fill.

    ID quite like to PL and SG at some point during one of these group things, because it seems like more fun to do the job in conjunction with several other platoons about, but I think I should probably give this one a miss, because ive been out of the game quite a while!

  20. #100
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,142
    SOE / PS2 recruitment is live.

    If new players (who have yet to log in) go to this link.

    They get a free 'Starter kit':

    NC EM6

    The EM6's incredible adaptability on the field makes it popular among NC soldiers.

    VS SVA-88
    The SVA-88's overclocked discharge coil allows it to fire plasma at a higher velocity than most weapons in its class. When firing at long distances, the user will need to lead targets much less than usual.

    TR TMG-50

    Designed with distance and accuracy in mind, the TMG-50's manageable recoil allows it to outperform other LMGs at long range.

    50% XP Boost

    Increases experience gain by 50% for 1 Day.
    Last edited by Cooper; 19-07-2013 at 01:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •