Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Thread sticky'd btw
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Depending on numbers and whose available, if the position is free, I'd like to try leading the air squad. I'm a fly boy, but it'll be good to try leading from the ground and see how well that works for us.

Otherwise PL/SL/SG as usual.

I'm guessing that those who arrive early will have roles assigned to them as a time saver?

Had an email form the chaps at Pro7. Will post this over at PCG tonight too. Jim, if you read this in the meantime, is it maybe something you could speak to Chris or their outfit leader about?

For Sunday though we have an awesome opportunity – we’ll be filming our webshow pilot on Monday and I’d love to feature the RPS vs PCG call to arms on there as an example of the cool going ons in the community. Toni and I will join for sure but do you reckon you could arrange some guys to capture footage of the proceedings on your side? Is there someone you could ask or put me in contact with too for PC Gamer who could do the same?
    edit: Quoted for her pleasure
    Last edited by Dewi; 19-07-2013 at 05:59 PM.

@Dewi - care to quote that email? I initially read it as being from you...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    His double identity revealed - Dewi is the chap from Pro7!

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    His double identity revealed - Dewi is the chap from Pro7!
    The guy we met at Rezzed was an actor! Your secret is out!

*EDIT*
    In other news, someone on PCG is making spurious claims about RPS.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/07/19/pl...-this-weekend/

If it's true, I'd be concerned. If it's trolling, whatever.
    Last edited by Rei Onryou; 19-07-2013 at 04:27 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Just replied there, asking the guy to contact us if he's got a problem with any of us in-game. I fucking HATE people who can't seem to realise that you can't judge a group of 1400 people based on the actions of a handful, and who also can't be arsed to actually talk to us if someone is being a bellend. So bloody annoying...

I've never known of any of us TKing. There has been some naughty people, but they were dealt with swiftly.

As for Sundie sabotaging; NEVER. I'd be appalled to find out if someone here did it. It's trolling large numbers at once (stopping them from being able to play where they want) for personal gain.

I'm hoping it's just a troll, but even if it is, slander/libel is never nice to happen.

People get so worked up over TKs in this game, I'd be inclined to think these people were accidentally shot once or twice and have been foaming at the mouth about it ever since.

I accidentally TKd someone on my squad before I joined RPS while trying to destroy an enemy engineer turret - he stepped across my line of fire. I was playing as the squad Medic, so I revived him, said Sorry, and he instantly shot me in the face, leaving the squad medic-less and causing me to hoof it back from the nearest spawn point.
    Ludicrous overreaction. You'd think that when playing a game with permanent friendly-fire, people would learn to accept the odd accidental TK.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Their forums/comments are down for maintenance so I can't read them currently.

I have both carried out, and ordered the destruction of friendly sunderers however, when they are blocking more useful ones and they are not moved on polite request however.

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Their forums/comments are down for maintenance so I can't read them currently.

I have both carried out, and ordered the destruction of friendly sunderers however, when they are blocking more useful ones and they are not moved on polite request however.
    You MONSTER! Just RPS, or non-RPS also? For the greater good I suppose...

I've got a PCG forums account and can get in contact with their leader about that.

Can someone email the Pro7 guys about getting observer cam for CMaster & JagSkills please.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

Last edited by Cooper; 19-07-2013 at 10:40 PM.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So just to check:
    Who's SGing?
    I remember Dewi saying he would on mumble, but is that actually happening? Also, who's going to be the co-SG (they are really good ideas to have!)

Also, as the thread is locked, I can't edit my (forum-version) CTA guide.
    Could you go and drop the referral bit in Cooper (and fix anything else that is wrong)

Well I would be happy to, but Cooper wished to lead a few posts back, more than happy to be co-SG or SG Staffe.

I plan to go through the spreadsheet I linked tomorrow and start assigning roles, unless you want to do that instead Cooper.

Also, if you haven;t yet, go pop your name down on spreadsheet if you wanna PL/SL/RO/intro

I'd like to SG but I'd much prefer to do it as part of a team.

That being said, I think I stepped up for SG after Dewi, so what I might do instead is co-SG and run liaison.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Ok sure, I'll probs need 2 co-SG's so cooper will be one and I'll sort out the other tomorrow whilst assigning people roles and squads etc

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Cool beans - looking forward to it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Saw this on the launcher;

http://planetside2.eu/teasers/603-ca...nday-21st-july

Then read

battle for bragging rights and undying respect of the glorious pc gamer
    At the end there's a link to see more from PC Gamers perspective. I clicked that and got

Thanks for visiting the forum, unfortunately it is not available at the moment.
    We apologise for this and any frustration it causes.
    Oh I do hope we can earn their respect!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Oh, my... That's the Pro7 launcher? I see nothing of the sort in my launcher (SOE).

Either way, this might possibly mean we get an even greater influx of players wanting to play with us this time. It might be prudent to have an extra platoon channel ready for us in Mumble. Either that or run two platoons in one platoon channel, with ab+cd+ef+gh in the four squad channels, if we have to.

It's a bit funny that the PC Gamer forums are offline, though...