Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    To be fair, I seem to be one of about four people in the universe dumb enough to use pro7 so don't get your hopes up too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

This is what it looks like, for anyone interested.

I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

me too :/
    EDIT: Referring to the Pro7 thing
    Last edited by Qw33r; 20-07-2013 at 02:51 PM.

Tomorrow is all up in the air atm for me so not putting my name down for anything. If I get on in time for this I'll fill in wherever needed!
    PS2 a.k.a. PurpleSnow
    also available on Steam

Updates the spreadsheet with some peoples roles. Lakroy, I know you want to look at an air squad but I've made you Platoon 5 leader. This is subject to change dependent on numbers etc. Still need more volunteers so pop your name at the top of the sheet and I'll update later! Cmon people, lets step up and make this CTA frickin' awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    Updates the spreadsheet with some peoples roles. Lakroy, I know you want to look at an air squad but I've made you Platoon 5 leader. This is subject to change dependent on numbers etc. Still need more volunteers so pop your name at the top of the sheet and I'll update later! Cmon people, lets step up and make this CTA frickin' awesome
    I've added a tiny table on the right for people like me who might be late, for fill ins etc., hope you don't mind?!
    PS2 a.k.a. PurpleSnow
    also available on Steam

I might be late, too.
    And if possible I'd like more to fill an RO-Slot - seems we don't have enough of them atm? Or do we not run 4 Squat platoons?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    We never have enough SLs and ROs for Call to Arms. At least not willing ones.

yes, I meant it looks like we have even less ROs than SLs

RO's literally just pass orders on from SG right? If so, I may be able to help out. I'll probably be filming so if it's just that then I can probably handle it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I will try and make this as an RO. What is the start time for staff?

Eso, are you around tonight? I know you're busy at the mo but I'd like to ask summat about mumble...

Also, is anyone going to be around recording? Jag will you be doing it? Maybe Cmaster? Still really need to get a-hold of PCG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quick thoughts on comms/command heirarchy:

Last time around, the PROs I felt made things a mess.
    But the time before that, PLs were complaining that they couldn't hear ROs for al the chatter between SG and other PLs.
    Also, SG being able to talk to EVERYBODY and PL being able to talk to whole platoon are important things.
    So suggestion:
    PLs report directly in to SG alone, not to all other PLs.
    SG spends the time to have a button for each PL individually. (it's not that arduous)
    SG should also (ideally) have a way of just talking to all PLs.
    Everything PL and below is as normal.

Edit: I can try and be a videographer if that's what I'm most wanted as. I'll ride with the command crew comms wise in that case then, so I can know where the action is at. May have to bang some certs into ejector seat/scythe CD too.

I want a hybrid of our current structure and the one we had proposed Cmaster. I'm happy with it ona squad level but I want the SG and Staffe to be able to speak to PL's only, PL's contact their RO's only, etc etc.

Will make the comms a little tidier.

Also, I havent assigned you a role yet because I would like you in command, but I dont have enough people to cover all the to other roles.

Need to sort that out either tonight or tomorrow afternoon with a few people to test. I'm not gonna shake it all up like last time and was hoping to have something set up before now but given circumstances I have left it till now

Well, 7pm is official start time. I'd like the welcome team to be up and running at least 1 hour before, if we have people around, maybe start that at about 5pm. I will be rotating the welcome team with non-squad leader vets so everyone gets to play properly. I'd like squad leaders to be on at 6pm sharp so we can get as many platoons set up as possible and have a little briefing.

It would also be nice to have a few people around in the afternoon, in case we need to check mumble settings etc. I'm sure some will be about

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Whats the role of the SG Staff exactly? Is this a comms role like RO? Might be interested in that, if there is a demand for it at any point. Might start out in the welcome team slot if I can get there early enough so that I can relax for a bit and say Hi to people.

SG Staff are liaisons, scouts, advisors. When I and CMaster split SG duties, we spent the rest if the night in SG Staff.

Guys, can I ask you to tidy up the mumble channels ASAP? There are already people briefly popping on to the server to test their setups and see who is playing.

The way I see it you'll want your welcome/induction room, your clear platoon structure for tonight up, and then everything else in the parking channel.

I added some times to the name of the CTA channel so that it'd be clear when the main event starts.

If it helps, I can bring the root channel down to
    >> MMOS >> Planetside 2 >> Vanu - Rock Planet Shotgun (EU - Miller)
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Yeah, okay. Sorry. Will have a look right away. It's been a bit busy here lately...