Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    The Artemis is on par with the NS7 PDW in terms of dps. I have not used the Artemis myself, but the gameplay above convincingly shows it is viable. It is also an extremely quiet gun with the suppressor.
    The Artemis can be a good gun but the problem is that you need really good aim and trigger discipline. It's a very unforgiving weapon which makes hard to fully harness it's potential. It's a cheap alternative but also one that requires a lot of playtime until you can get it somewhat right.
    Last edited by bonkers; 05-05-2014 at 06:17 PM.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Have been following the "[VS] State of [RPS]" thread, with much interest.
    I have a question regarding SL/PLing, that I would like to direct to those who regularly do it, but since that thread is really for solutions, I have decided to drop it in here.
    When asked to lead (in any capacity) does your willingness to do so, or not, hinge very much on the individuals that may be under you?
    In other words, how much impact might too many noobs, or certain personality types, or an obviously obtuse player have on your decision to either pick up the gauntlet of command.. or to just pack it all in and call it a night?

Just wonderin.
    "Bring me my purse."

please visit
    the Game Orphanage

Finding Good Homes For Unwanted Games Since January, 2014

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by moms View Post
    Have been following the "[VS] State of [RPS]" thread, with much interest.
    I have a question regarding SL/PLing, that I would like to direct to those who regularly do it, but since that thread is really for solutions, I have decided to drop it in here.
    When asked to lead (in any capacity) does your willingness to do so, or not, hinge very much on the individuals that may be under you?
    In other words, how much impact might too many noobs, or certain personality types, or an obviously obtuse player have on your decision to either pick up the gauntlet of command.. or to just pack it all in and call it a night?

Just wonderin.
    Pretty much none.
    I'll either ignore or shout down a deliberatley obtuse/obstructive player.

Other than that, it's down to how I feel, not really what the rest of the lot are like. If I want to lead, I'm more than happy to adapt to being more hand-holdey or more experimental, depending on what the squad members need. That said, I need feedback to gather what people need - if the "noobs" don't say that they're getting left behind/lost then I won't realise the need to slow down.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    There is always a commisioner, solves all SL problems in my opinion.
    Steam: Dominicus

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Pretty much none.
    I'll either ignore or shout down a deliberatley obtuse/obstructive player.

Other than that, it's down to how I feel, not really what the rest of the lot are like. If I want to lead, I'm more than happy to adapt to being more hand-holdey or more experimental, depending on what the squad members need. That said, I need feedback to gather what people need - if the "noobs" don't say that they're getting left behind/lost then I won't realise the need to slow down.
    Fair 'nuff.
    Thanks!
    I guess, as being somewhat of a perennial fledgeling, I just had to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    There is always a commisioner, solves all SL problems in my opinion.
    A commissioner?
    Nahh... really?
    Are you pulling my, proverbial, leg?
    "Bring me my purse."

please visit
    the Game Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by moms View Post
    A commissioner?
    Nahh... really?
    Are you pulling my, proverbial, leg?
    Nope, although a beamer might work as well, it doesn't pack as much punch.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Nope, although a beamer might work as well, it doesn't pack as much punch.
    Only with headshots.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Wow, very detailed answers. As a newbie, I really don't know how I can join the RPS outfit, not mention the weapons and skills. I just began to play games several days ago, and I have lots of stupid questions that my BF is loath to answer me. He thinks that I should not play this kind of games as a girl. He asks me to do those much more "girlish" things, such as shopping, cooking, dressing up myself and doing hairstyles.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hello Melissa! I'm afraid I can't exactly tell if you're real, or the weirdest spam ever!

but still, I'm sure someone will be along presently to give you information about how to join the outfit and feel free to ask any questions here. Plus you shouldn't listen to your BF

Quote Originally Posted by Boffinboots View Post
    Hello Melissa! I'm afraid I can't exactly tell if you're real, or the weirdest spam ever!

but still, I'm sure someone will be along presently to give you information about how to join the outfit and feel free to ask any questions here. Plus you shouldn't listen to your BF
    You do know the possibility that it's a spam bot is fairly high, right?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You do know the possibility that it's a spam bot is fairly high, right?
    Absolutely! But what if she's just a newbie that's very keen on... human hair pieces?

Lesser Hivemind Node TWChristine's Avatar
    Hair pieces!? SQUEE! And in the INCREDIBLY rare chance that you're not a bot, you seriously need to kick that piece of poop to the curb. Didn't Spice Girls teach you anything!?
    Steam: Am I Doing This Right?
    Rock, Pen&Paper, Shotgun

I shut down The Quanta Cat.

It does sound like a weird spambot. but whatever. Might as well ask the stupid questions!
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

please LOOK if ive already replied to the situation before reporting it thousands of times.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaKCrowe View Post
    Wow, very detailed answers. As a newbie, I really don't know how I can join the RPS outfit, not mention the weapons and skills. I just began to play games several days ago, and I have lots of stupid questions that my BF is loath to answer me. He thinks that I should not play this kind of games as a girl. He asks me to do those much more "girlish" things, such as shopping, cooking, dressing up myself and doing hairstyles (link removed)
    Hahahahaha. Dear Lord, that's one of the best spambots I've ever seen. I guess... is the first line taken from some other post in the thread? Then the rest of it is generic "games" blurb?

I love the idea of a spammer coming up with that, though. "Hm. What's a good line? We'll claim to be new to gaming, and then talk about my imaginary boyfriend troubles. That's sure to fool 'em."

I saw one spambot, though, that carried on a semi-coherent conversation (seemingly). It was extraordinarily difficult to tell. It was posting mostly relevant information, and although it wasn't quoting, it appeared to be responding to things people had said in the interim. Furthermore, it didn't have direct links in the post - the links were hidden. You only saw them if you quoted the bot and looked for them, which I thought rather defeated the purpose.

We asked that it not be banned, on the basis that it was arguably as valuable a member of the community as any other random internetter. Sadly, it was not to be. We wanted to keep it as a pet bot ;_;.

Quote Originally Posted by fish food carl View Post
    Hahahahaha. Dear Lord, that's one of the best spambots I've ever seen. I guess... is the first line taken from some other post in the thread? Then the rest of it is generic "games" blurb?

I love the idea of a spammer coming up with that, though. "Hm. What's a good line? We'll claim to be new to gaming, and then talk about my imaginary boyfriend troubles. That's sure to fool 'em."

I saw one spambot, though, that carried on a semi-coherent conversation (seemingly). It was extraordinarily difficult to tell. It was posting mostly relevant information, and although it wasn't quoting, it appeared to be responding to things people had said in the interim. Furthermore, it didn't have direct links in the post - the links were hidden. You only saw them if you quoted the bot and looked for them, which I thought rather defeated the purpose.

We asked that it not be banned, on the basis that it was arguably as valuable a member of the community as any other random internetter. Sadly, it was not to be. We wanted to keep it as a pet bot ;_;.
    well we are keeping this one so far. lets see what the second post will be.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by fish food carl View Post
    A quick search in Google indicates...no...really? Well that's what it says here....
    Origin guvornator69
    Steam guvornator
    Planetside 2 DavidGan1x - Come admire my terrible KDR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    It's increasingly common for what we think are 'bots' to actually be people in forum posting sweatshops. The incoherence comes from a lack of decent English skills.

Spam bot or some poor fucker sitting in a SEO sweatshop posting vaguely plausible posts, it doesn't matter. That link needs to go. Unfortunately we mods only have delete rights, not edit.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    It's increasingly common for what we think are 'bots' to actually be people in forum posting sweatshops. The incoherence comes from a lack of decent English skills.

Spam bot or some poor fucker sitting in a SEO sweatshop posting vaguely plausible posts, it doesn't matter. That link needs to go. Unfortunately we mods only have delete rights, not edit.
    Actually, I can edit posts. Just dont see a reason to.
    - Tom De Roeck.

I think my hairstyle may have attracted her.
    "Bring me my purse."

please visit
    the Game Orphanage