Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Wait until Grible is standing on it, then shoot it.

(still sorry about that C4 the other day Grible)

You can disarm enemy mines with a high level engie gun. I don't know if you can that with 'friendly' ones.

Rizlar - these forums are really just a long list of me either being an idiot and killing everyone or people apologising for having killed me in an amusing way...

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Wait until Grible is standing on it, then shoot it.

(still sorry about that C4 the other day Grible)
    I prefer to kill Grible with a knife to the throat.
    To each, their own, I suppose.
    "Bring me my purse."

please visit
    the Game Orphanage

Finding Good Homes For Unwanted Games Since January, 2014

Network Hub
    Is there any way of making the mumble overlay smaller?
    Origin guvornator69
    Steam guvornator
    Planetside 2 DavidGan1x - Come admire my terrible KDR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Guvornator View Post
    Is there any way of making the mumble overlay smaller?
    I think you can change it in the mumble overlay settings. Not sure if it works with the fix for x64 though...
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Sorry if you already know this - You can set it so that it only displays the names of people that are actually speaking rather than everyone in the channel, but beyond that I know of no other way to shrink it down.
    Statistical reasons not to follow me into battle on PS2 here: Stoopiduk

Friendly on Steam, Twitter and Twitch. Origin: Stoopiduk Battlenet tag: stoopiduk#2888

Network Hub
    Thanks guys! This thread also seems to have some info on it, if you're interested. Haven't had a chance to test it, but "only see who's speaking" sounds like it could be useful, especially for large groups. http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...ble-1-0-a.html
    Origin guvornator69
    Steam guvornator

Configure > Settings > Overlay, and then you've got a fake window in the options menus where you can move, modify, or resize (mouse wheel in the fake window) the overlay. The fake windows giving you an idea of how your overlay will actually appear.

In this menu, you can pretty much set the overlay any way you want, by selecting the number of columns, the position, the size, etc... as well as deciding who appears in the overlay
    Last edited by Ksempac; 30-05-2014 at 11:53 AM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    Configure > Settings > Overlay, and then you've got a fake window in the options menus when you can move, modify, or resize (mouse wheel in the fake window) the overlay. The fake windows giving you an idea of how your overlay will actually appear.

In this menu, you can pretty much set the overlay any way you want, by selecting the number of columns, the position, the size, etc... as well as deciding who appears in the overlay
    Thanks! Are there any recommends for overlay layout etc?
    Origin guvornator69
    Steam guvornator

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Definitely only show who is speaking! I really need to implement the 64-bit fix, the overlay is so useful.

Definitely only show who is speaking! I really need to implement the 64-bit fix, the overlay is so useful.
    You mean using the program and windowed mode thing?

I thought about looking into the code base and adding in something to export/import mumble binds but then saw it was all in C++ and promptly decided "no".

Network Hub
    Even though the instructions seemed fiddly (to me at least), it really is easy to install. I was slightly dubious, because some people were complaining of screen blurring, but it works fine on my nVidia 670.
    Origin guvornator69
    Steam guvornator

Quote Originally Posted by Guvornator View Post
    Even though the instructions seemed fiddly (to me at least), it really is easy to install. I was slightly dubious, because some people were complaining of screen blurring, but it works fine on my nVidia 670.
    GTX 770 here, the main issue I've come across is that if the Windows screen for admin rights comes up for some reason (the one that blurs the screen behind it) once you've entered your details and dismissed it, the blur remains.

To get rid of it you have to exit mumble-d.exe which kills the overlay.
    Statistical reasons not to follow me into battle on PS2 here: Stoopiduk

Friendly on Steam, Twitter and Twitch. Origin: Stoopiduk Battlenet tag: stoopiduk#2888

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Yeah, I've found out that the proper load order is:
    1. Mumble
    2. mumble-d.exe
    3. PS2
    I'va also noticed that Mumble-d cannot handle Windows User Access Control. So if any application asks for admin privileges, popping up that "this program wants to make changes on your disk" thing, the overlay will turn the whole screen into a blur. For me, the PS2 launcher does this, so I need to run the launcher first, then start the other programs.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

I've been using the 64 bit mumble overlay fix for a while with no problems, but when i tried to use it today all it did was lock my desktop and the only way to close it was restarting my computer, I've re-downloaded the program but I can't get it to work anymore. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?
    steam: gary the super elite hobo
    planetside 2: Gorncaptain

"if god didn't want us to eat animals then he shouldn't have made them out of meat"

Nope, never experienced that...
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

As a returning player, I noticed my Medic has a new toy to play with. The shield regenerater-thingy. Is it worth putting a lot of certs into this? I guess the same question could be asked for the sensor-thingy for the Infiltrater.
    Also I am wondering if nanoweave is worth certing into it now?

The Motion spotter is brilliant! Y0ou can only have one active, but you get a few in your loadout, so you can change your mind about placement a few times. If you put one down in a good spot (between you and enemy spawns, especially, and in a good hidden or hard-to-reach location) it'll be an indispensable tool. Spending more certs on it expands its spotting radius, which is immensely helpful.

Not sure about the shield recharger field. It seems nice, but a) it's a big glowing target for grenade spam, and b) it's actually not that large, when it comes to actual fighting. I believe that in organised play, having one medic per squad with a decent level shield field could prove very useful both in defence and offence. Planting one of these just behind that nice piece of cover your squad is using has proven a good tactic a few times. I don't think we've learnt to use this tool properly as a group yet, though.

Edit: nanoweave is still good, though not the overpowering imperative it used to be, since it does not protect against headshots. Personally, I roll grenade bandolier pretty often, whenever I see a protracted fight going, such as when breaching a room or going for a room defence. More frag or nanite revive grenades are always good. Flak is still really useful against vehicles and would actually also be really helpful for support troops in a defense (medics and MAX repair engies, say). I find that in such a role, what kills me more often than not, are enemy grenades.

In summary, I'd say invest in nanoweave unless you like grenades a lot or find C4 and grenade spam is what kills you more often than not in the situations you most often find yourself in.
    Last edited by EsotericReverie; 30-06-2014 at 09:34 AM.

RE: infiltrator deployable, absolutely worth it yes. If you can get it in a great place then it's a throw and forget, enemy finding GPS. However, in my opinion, the standard darts; fully upgraded or not, are just as good when you place them well and IF you have an ammo box nearby.

RE: Medic deployable. I'm an old fashioned medic, so not having the NRD prox-heal is madness in my opinion. However, Eso is right when he says the deployable shield regen device has it's place. When in a typical lock down situation, if the defenders can chain them up so there's a few in close proximity, you've got a safer place to move around and help defend than you would without them. However, the only other use for it in my opinion is at a Lancer nest, when it's illumination effects don't matter much due to the tracer effect on the Lancers Laser. In that situation It can really help against pot shot snipers and any enemies throwing rounds at you from long range.

Summary: Medic deployable is great, but due to it being very situational I recommend prioritising certing other things. Unless you have a large surpluses of certs. Infil deployable can be invaluable. It gives you XP for any enemy that is killed after being spotted by it. Would recommend this over the prior. But others who play Infil more than me might beige informed on this than I.

RE Nanoweave: See Esos comments. I exclusively wear Flak and grenade bandolier on my classes because vehicles are everywhere and enemies are everywhere.
    Last edited by NickWhite; 30-06-2014 at 11:02 AM.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

How is a continent unlocked?
    steam: gary the super elite hobo
    planetside 2: Gorncaptain

"if god didn't want us to eat animals then he shouldn't have made them out of meat"