Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    This conversation is gold.

Would it work to have "recommended play: infil" and similar for the other classes where we could note down the result of this kind of discussion? t'will be a good number of threads, but if we get them on the tott thread it might work...
    Yep, certainly sounds like a good idea! We did a few class guides a year ago or so, but those were more of the cert line and weapon loadouts variety. It would certainly be good to run another round of these now, when we might have a few new people join as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    There are, in my oppinion, 2 situations where I prefer the motion sensor to te darts. The first is with a stealth sundy. How many times I have seen my sundy getting pinged on the map by a group of recon darts is just sad. If you deploy those darts in the corner of a base in a rather small group then you can be sure a light assault will check it out. It's an invitation (just like a spawn beacon right next to the sundy). Motion sensors has the same effect, but it does not show up on the mini map as much.

The second time is when you use it as bait. Small base, small fight, 6 V 6 or 12 V 12. Put a motion sensor down and just wait for the people to run for it. 12 people holding down a point room and you need 1-2 to get out so you can kill them. Put a motion sensor around the corner. Youc an be assured someone will run out to destroy it.
    Unless they're really clever and brought an infil with EMP grenades. But noone is that clever...
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    About giving your location away...

If you use darts you can use them as a decoy. Put them where you want the enemy to be and wait for them to come looking. Waiting with a high powered, long range weapon! But put the spotter down and it kinda has to be where you are since you can only have one on the go. Obviously if someone darts their own location (and only their own location) it's as good as putting up a "shoot me" sign but that's something a good infil learns to avoid.

I would love to write an infil guide though I doubt we'd ever reach any sort of consensus based on how this one mini-issue is being debated.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    I would love to write an infil guide though I doubt we'd ever reach any sort of consensus based on how this one mini-issue is being debated.
    And don't forget the, sometimes rather random, changes in patches. Keeping a correct guide up to date is a lot of work and most of the time not really wearth it. I still prefer the method of oral communication for these matters as it's possible to go into more depth with less work.
    Steam: Dominicus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    And don't forget the, sometimes rather random, changes in patches. Keeping a correct guide up to date is a lot of work and most of the time not really wearth it. I still prefer the method of oral communication for these matters as it's possible to go into more depth with less work.
    Yeah, forums plus in game training and teaching is the way to go I think. Guides can be useful but it's probably a better payoff to just spend the time you would have spent on the guide doing some actual in game teaching.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Lets leave the hard stuff to Wrel.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    Yeah, forums plus in game training and teaching is the way to go I think
    I've really liked the S4Ts we've run on a few of the classes (particularly LA and medic), what might work well as a follow up, particularly for classes that don't lend themselves to a full squad running as them, is some paired mentoring. Either using in game comms (as grible pointed out the other week), or a separate channel, the mentor and mentee(s) can play with the squad and talk more freely about how to adapt to the various situations the game tends to throw up.

I don't think play-style guides would really work, because as mentioned patches constantly change things, and fights can be extremely varied with no one-size-fits all solution

Ok. So I bought one of these for 5€ http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00C...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Question is, do I unlock it immediatly or do I wait for a double/tripple SC Weekenddeal to get more bang for my buck?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    There hasn't been a deal like that in a VERY long time. I think now they just put items on sale as opposed to SC. It's since they put in the player studio as they have to give people money.

What are the best vs anti-infantry MAX weapons? I'm currently using the quasar and the cosmos. I'd preferably like 2 with different clip sizes, I like being able to fire the left while the right is reloading so I can keep up sustained fire.
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    What are the best vs anti-infantry MAX weapons? I'm currently using the quasar and the cosmos. I'd preferably like 2 with different clip sizes, I like being able to fire the left while the right is reloading so I can keep up sustained fire.
    The best all around are the blueshifts. Nebulas are even more devastating at close range (hilariously so even), but less useful at longer ranges. If you want to use your particular style, you could roll with one blueshift and one nebula. One blueshift with extended mags and one without is of course an option too (although that will lower your overall dps).

Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    The best all around are the blueshifts. Nebulas are even more devastating at close range (hilariously so even), but less useful at longer ranges. If you want to use your particular style, you could roll with one blueshift and one nebula. One blueshift with extended mags and one without is of course an option too (although that will lower your overall dps).
    Thanks, I'll probably get the blueshift and nebula then. which should I get first and which of my current weapons should be replaced? It's gonna take a while to get the 2000 certs.

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken."

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I've only certed blueshift RH so far, thus creating a AI max with a standard gun and a blueshift which is working acceptably.

I don't recommend this, as keeping a comet on your right lets you comet people to the face while you get the rest of the guns, and this is not only versatile, it is reasonably effective if you can aim them and lets you attack vehicle targets.

I would go:

* Blueshift left
    * nebula right
    * blueshift right
    * nebula left

This will let you go from blueshift/comet => short+mid range => short+mid for biolab, tight defences and a seperate mid for other places and then finally to 2 separate loadouts.

If I was to start now, that's how I would do it.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

What do I do when fighting a vanguard in a mag and he pops his shield? Do I keep shoooting or pull back and find cover, and if so for how long? It's been the main reason I've been losing 1v1 encounters with them.

If the Vanguard is close to dying and you have a gunner and not critical health, keep shooting it. If the Vanguard still has a lot of health, it is a better idea to try to hide for five seconds and then attack it again or flank it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoskilla View Post
    Ok. So I bought one of these for 5€ http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00C...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Question is, do I unlock it immediatly or do I wait for a double/tripple SC Weekenddeal to get more bang for my buck?
    It's become impossible to predict double SC sales.

Prior to PS2 release they were very rare. Maybe one a year, tops. Not even that sometimes. The year of the PS2 release we saw three. That was unprecedented.

If there is one soon it will possibly be some time soon before or after xmas. But I wouldn't wait for it.

PlayerStudio being available for all the main SOE games makes SC something very different than it used to be. It's no longer something entirely internal as it is being used as a proxy currency for external payments. So I would not be surprised if we never see another double SC deal again.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Whats the difference between the bouncing betty and proximity mine? Other than the explosion animation, or is that the only difference?

Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    Whats the difference between the bouncing betty and proximity mine? Other than the explosion animation, or is that the only difference?
    That is the only difference as far as I know. Might have missed something in the details though. The model is different as well of course, making the two mine types concealable in different environments. The grey colour of bouncing betties is pretty good for indoors placement, for example.

Do all classes sprint at the same rate of speed? I ask this because I mostly play engie or medic, but recently I was asked to play infiltrator, and it seemed as though I ran faster.
    Just got me wondering, is all.
    "Bring me my purse."

please visit
    the Game Orphanage

Finding Good Homes For Unwanted Games Since January, 2014

Yeah, unless you equip the adrenaline pump.

I think your movment is effected by the weapon you have drawn tho, launchers are slow, rifles "normal", pistols fast. So if you run about with a crossbow or a pistol out as an infil you will be a little faster.