Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    done, thanks

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Just a small addition because that came up on mumble recently: for the use of C4 we should add that C4 despawns when the user respawns. Until then it can be detonate by other players.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Any discussion of detonating mines/explosives should be accompanied by this:

On the subject of vehicle load out switching - SOE have said it may come in the future, but it will cost resources and they are not sure how it would be implemented.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Bring this along with having vehicle equipment affect resource cost and you've got a brilliant system.

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    Is there any way for me to see details on the outfit's other platoons? Feels like I'm working in a bubble with 47 others, no matter how many extra platoons we're running. Also it would be useful for knowing which platoon you're in (in Mumble they're listed by colour - is that assigned in-game or just a convenient naming system for us to use?)

Quote Originally Posted by westyfield View Post
    Is there any way for me to see details on the outfit's other platoons? Feels like I'm working in a bubble with 47 others, no matter how many extra platoons we're running. Also it would be useful for knowing which platoon you're in (in Mumble they're listed by colour - is that assigned in-game or just a convenient naming system for us to use?)
    Nope :/ you can't see anything about other platoons without leaving yours.

The naming convention on Mumble is ours, though squad leaders are encouraged to put it in their squad names (there is no platoon name ingame, only squad names). We currently have colors (since last CtA) , but used to have numbers instead.

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    Nope :/ you can't see anything about other platoons without leaving yours.

The naming convention on Mumble is ours, though squad leaders are encouraged to put it in their squad names (there is no platoon name ingame, only squad names). We currently have colors (since last CtA) , but used to have numbers instead.
    Ok, I guess for large operations we should just ask which platoon we're in when we join a squad then. Thanks for the answer.

Nearly. When in a large operation, the squad name should tell you what channel to join, and if it doesn't, you should tell the squad leader.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    a fairly simple question, but maybe someone knows so I don't have to test it out myself. When are mines armed? As soon as you drop them? As soon as they hit the ground? As there is a timer before it goes off, but when does this timer start counting?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Think there is a slight delay, since I have seen vehicles run unharmed over freshly dropped mines before. In theory I think they are supposed to be live as soon as they are on the ground, but in practice it might take a split second longer.

but when does this timer start? At the drop, or at the time it hits the ground?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    They are not live before they hit the ground. It make take another second once they are on the ground (but as far as I can tell this is lag rather than intended design). So it's when they are on the ground, I'm pretty sure.

hmm, if thats the case then my idea of a bomber galaxy filled with engineers at max height might not work.

as far as I know mines and claymores are supposed to have a short activation time (1s? not sure)
    EDIT: sorry, didn't read the posts carefully enough
    Last edited by Qw33r; 02-09-2013 at 06:06 PM.

yeah, but when does this activation time starts? At the drop or at the time it hits the ground?

The idea I had was you drop an engineer from a galaxy and the engineer drops the AV mine. Will this mine detonate as soon as it hits the ground, or does it still needs the delay of roughly 1 sec.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I think it still needs a second after hitting the ground (based purely on reflections from my own attempts to mine enemy vehicles).

Of course, the mine won't be set off until an enemy vehicle drives over it, so that extra second shouldn't matter that much unless the engineers get dropped on vehicles which are standing still.

I'm probably missing something but I'm unclear as to how an extra second would vastly alter the plan, asides from needing more accurate gal-dropping perhaps, or possibly giving the tanks more time to evade? If the latter, just limit it to night drops!

As a side note, I can't remember the last time I AV mined a moving target - it's mostly drop-pod, placing and shooting mines to take care of those Sundies.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Time to revie this thread. We've got some new people since it last saw the light of day so they might find it useful. Also, I've been looking for somewhere to post the things I've learnt recently:

Suicide flashes are awesome! Get a flash, add the wraith cloaking module, put C4 on, turn invisible, drive into enemy sundy or infantry cluster, detonate C4, profit. It's the most reliable method for taking out those sundies in hard to reach places. No more shall [RPS] be terrorised by striker clusters. Instead we'll all just hop in wraith flashes, blow up their sundy then roadkill the survivors whilst invisible! Note: this would require multiple wraith flashes since clearly the one with the C4 has a short, yet glorious, life. I would encourage everyone to try the suicide flash tactic, it's so satisfying!

There's only a very slim chance that I'll be online for any proper time this evening but I'd suggest mass invisibility as the theme for a silly Monday. Given that you can get one heavy on the back of every wraith flash not everyone needs wraith. And even a stock infiltrator can sneak up on an enemy sundy whilst cloaked then uncloak and lob a grenade at the infantry cluster. Really, being invisible (or close enough) is just so powerful but seemingly underused.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

I really saw the power of suicide flashes last night! Worked surprisingly well.

Strange question - if you time it right, can you res-grenade yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    Strange question - if you time it right, can you res-grenade yourself?
    No, you cannot. I have tried this on a number of occasions. Res grenades don't affect yourself.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168