Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Given the general basalisk love - is a good secondary mag gun?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    Given the general basalisk love - is a good secondary mag gun?
    Basilisks are great when you have two working together. But I think that the saron or halberd puts out more damage if you only have the one gun.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Hoc View Post
    Basilisks are great when you have two working together. But I think that the saron or halberd puts out more damage if you only have the one gun.
    Saron puts out most damage, IF every shot hits. The advantage the basilisk has is its all round capability. However, do you really want to give up our signature weapon?
    What is this coffee that you speak of...
    The War Princess. Z2.

I'm starting to think the halberd may actually be the way to go. The mag is unique in that it can get behind cover quickly and easily. The less time spent in the open the better, so with the halberd both gunner and driver can fire then duck behind cover to reload, rinse and repeat. With the saron, but much more with the basilisk you need to maintain exposure to line of fire to get all your shots off risking your vehicle more.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    I was gunning for someone with a halberd and found it a nice change. You're right about using it and making use of agility.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    What Dewi said.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I agree with that, I was manning it on someone's Mag today and it was lovely, we constantly hopped from the vehicle shield, fired in tandem and retreated.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    yay! the more people use halberd, the better. as long as you can aim decently (and getting adjusted to the drop is not that hard), you'll most likely do better than with the current abomination they dare call a saron.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Just had a pretty decent run with Nick with a Stealth/FPC/Halberd Maggie. After tonight's biolab alert (and victory), we went to Esamir, had a celebratory Harasser race with EMLD and then Cooper called for armour to go and face a TR zerg at Elli.

Most of the guys approached directly from the West, but we flanked unnoticed from the East. Overall Nick and I must have cleaned at least 10 Prowlers, 4 Sunderers and a few Lightnings, Harassers, Flashes and infantry. Could have gone a bit more, but I overextended to the end. I was getting something like 50k SPH.

The Halberd reminds me of the old Saron playstyle: pop, shot, hide, repeat.

On a tangent, having one or two PC/PPA Magriders in the mix, along with FPC/Halberds may be the way to go. Let's say one PC/PPA for every 3-4 FPC/Halberds.

Oh, and a final tip for drivers: if the situation allows it, let the gunner deliver the final shot. He gets the XP for the kill(s), while you get the gunner bonuses for vehicle destruction and infantry kills, which are about the same as you would get the kills yourself. That way, you maximise XP/Cert gain for the both of you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus NickWhite's Avatar
    Yeah that was great fun, we'll have to do it again sometime Mr E! I definitely agree with the consensus here, it has to be the best overall Mag setup right now. Not only is it super effective against armour targets on it's own, but its just as good at anti inf once you get the knack for it.

I'd actually love to see us do a bit more focused armoured stuff... People interested in that? (if so, new thread?) Perhaps pairing up and getting some solid Mag partnerships would benifit us more now, what with the Harasser not being as much of a threat anymore. (sadface)
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Lesser Hivemind Node
    hell yeah. there's been threads, but general interest has been too low to warrant specific ops. on the few times we tried, they kinda failed too. i'd be open to trying again though and am generally always up for tanking (that's what i did tonight with VC -- the biolab alert kinda bored me too much).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I'm always interested in more organised tank play! But I'm really sad about the Halberd, having invested 2000+ certs into the Saron and about 30 into the Halberd.'sMagrider version...
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus NickWhite's Avatar
    Glad to hear that people are interested, it's a level of leadership that we could definitely develop upon, I think. I'm up for running one this Next CCEU or StratGir as an SL, so if that sounds like fun to you then keep your eyes peeled!
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Network Hub
    I love my FPC/Halberd/Racer/Magburner Magrider setup so much, I'd marry it if Papa Vanu let me. I'll take absolutely any opportunity to drive or gun Magriders, these days.

Quote Originally Posted by fish food carl View Post
    Papa Vanu
    Cue mental image of a purple Smurf in spandex.

Is there actually any reason for the separate SOE/ Pro7 account system? I just don't get why there are two separate systems with separate backends and sale systems so that people can play the same game.

Quote Originally Posted by RunningGloves View Post
    Cue mental image of a purple Smurf in spandex.

Is there actually any reason for the separate SOE/ Pro7 account system? I just don't get why there are two separate systems with separate backends and sale systems so that people can play the same game.
    It's common practice in MMO land to license your game to third parties for countries out of your usual market, which are your main targets. My guess it that allow them to make lots of money without having to deal with issues that arise when handling users worldwide (for example, localisation/support hours)

Usually you will have a main zone with all target countries + non-target countries unlicensed, and then once you manage to license for a non-target country, you migrate the accounts to the third-party server.

IIRC, there is actually a dedicated Russian server operated by someone else (some Russian guy was complaining on Reddit they didn't want to migrate there).

For european servers, we should all be Pro7. However, beta players and Steam mucks things up a fair bit as you can get an SOE account from there (Sony doesn't handle planetside.eu, but control all Steam-related things) and since SOE accounts are better, people keep them
    Last edited by Ksempac; 28-12-2013 at 02:16 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    TBH, Pro7 Support is good. They are prompt in their replies, try to resolve matters quickly, and if they can't, they will usually compensate you for the delay with some XP boost.

Also nowadays they seem to run more SC promotions.

The only current downside is no access to Player Studio items, which IMHO is kind of a big deal. Pro7 subscribers already missed out on the Helmets Holiday Sale, and will miss out on the Camo one as well. Hopefully Pro7 will rectify that by running a similar sale as celebration of the release of Player Studio items to their subscribers (hint-hint, nudge-nudge).

Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    It's common practice in MMO land to license your game to third parties for countries out of your usual market, which are your main targets. My guess it that allow them to make lots of money without having to deal with issues that arise when handling users worldwide (for example, localisation/support hours)
    Fair enough. I've not played an MMO type game before so this is totally new to me. I bought a gear code off Ebay a few days ago and couldn't get it to work, and thought it might be a Pro7 code which wouldn't activate on my SOE account, which was why I was wondering why they had different systems. Turns out it would only activate directly on the SOE website for some reason.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Well I have to retract my previous statement about Nano Mesh Generator. I maxed it and now got Adrenaline Shield to lvl 3(?), thing is, I didn't see any increased shield regen with NMG compared to AS, even more it seems that NMG is slower at max level, now add up to 20% extra regen from kills and AS is straight upgrade.

To new HA players I suggest, get a resist shield lvl 1, then if you want, specialize in AS, if you can get kills that is.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Lumifibre, can I turn it on off and how, thanks