Sharknado is a thing...

A tornado made of sharks...
    Game Library Completion: 174/223 - 78.03%

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    But do they have any freakin' lasers?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Lesser Hivemind Node NecroKnight's Avatar
    There are people who actually watch shit like this?! I don't know if I should laugh or cry.
    But where did he come from, this fleck of spite in an abandoned paradise?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    I think its in the belief that its so terrible and silly it will become good, as I have seen a few of these films unfortunately its just terrible.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    OH my god.

It's perfect.

It's everything I could hope for in entertainment. To be entertained so thoroughly by such a marvellous comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroKnight View Post
    There are people who actually watch shit like this?! I don't know if I should laugh or cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    I think its in the belief that its so terrible and silly it will become good, as I have seen a few of these films unfortunately its just terrible.
    So here's the thought I have. There are films that are good on a technical level that you might also enjoy. As one example, I'd cite The Incredibles. Then you have films that might suck on a technical level, but still be entertaining. I think this is an example of that thought. Now you could say "Well why not watch something that's entertaining and technically good?" Why indeed, but sometimes being able to laugh at something so criminally bad is a form of entertainment you just can't get from something that's done well.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Oh I get that I mean I can laugh at The Room and stuff like that with anyone. But really the thing is they just don't even try I don't know if this one is any different but I watched Mega Shark Versus Giant Octopus and it was soooo boring it was just bad acting and bad special effects and it wasn't so bad it was funny it was just so bad I want a refund. You can do so bad its good these films just are not...since to be so bad its good you need to think your actually making something good and be totally crazy.

These are movies to watch with friends and laugh at them.
    I love doing just that.

I've wasted days of my life watching the most terrible films we could find at the local blockbusters. Good good times. I think I enjoyed these sorts of films more when they're not so self-aware.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I watched it last night and it was exactly as good/bad as I expected it to be. Part Jaws, part Twister, part Evil Dead, part Men in Black, all shlock - this movie was a joy to watch. Thanks to this movie, I now know that everything one needs to stop a tornado is located in a surplus store. The missus and I had a great time pointing out all the stock footage shots and continuity errors. Grab some alcohol, turn off your brain and plop down on the couch for this one folks; you won't be disappointed if you can enjoy terrible movies.

We're going to need a bigger chopper.
    Yes Nova. Yes you are.

Yes, that shark is in a living room in about four feet of water.
    Last edited by Fumarole; 20-07-2013 at 05:21 PM.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

I've been seeing this nonsense all over the internet. Maybe some people enjoy it but it's not something I'd post (promote). I demand quality from all entertainment mediums and since quality is so rare these days I don't think this is something that should be popularized. Fair enough if we were swimming in quality released every year, something like this should be allowed to slip through, but we are not. We are the target of multiple shitnados from hollywood, AAA devs and the like.

My opinion.

Darn, by posting on in this thread it just keeps it alive longer and helps it gain in popularity. Sigh, too late anyway.

Sharknado is my dessert.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberP View Post
    I've been seeing this nonsense all over the internet. Maybe some people enjoy it but it's not something I'd post (promote). I demand quality from all entertainment mediums and since quality is so rare these days I don't think this is something that should be popularized. Fair enough if we were swimming in quality released every year, something like this should be allowed to slip through, but we are not. We are the target of multiple shitnados from hollywood, AAA devs and the like.

My opinion.

Darn, by posting on in this thread it just keeps it alive longer and helps it gain in popularity. Sigh, too late anyway.
    If the only thing Hollywood can do well is stupid action movies, then why limit them in how stupid they can be?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post

So here's the thought I have. There are films that are good on a technical level that you might also enjoy. As one example, I'd cite The Incredibles. Then you have films that might suck on a technical level, but still be entertaining. I think this is an example of that thought. Now you could say "Well why not watch something that's entertaining and technically good?" Why indeed, but sometimes being able to laugh at something so criminally bad is a form of entertainment you just can't get from something that's done well.

Greatest movie of all time.

OF ALL TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    If the only thing Hollywood can do well is stupid action movies, then why limit them in how stupid they can be?
    Not true!

There are many (subjective, maybe) great films I could cite, but just one is all I need:

They (some) within Hollywood are capable, but when the Paranormal Activities & Sharknado's sell, well logically that's what will be made. Same horrible truth for the video game industry.

Edit: For fuck sake that Sharknado Youtube page has 3 and a half million views at the time of editing.
    Such a backward audience. I may have contributed a view but I also contributed a dislike.
    I hate what the entertainment industries have become.
    Last edited by CyberP; 21-07-2013 at 12:24 AM.

Not true!
    I was being facetious, but at any rate my avatar should tell you all you need to know about my opinion on 80s sci fi thrillers.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

I don't recognise the actor let alone the movie....

I don't recognise the actor let alone the movie....
    It’s your birthday. Someone gives you a calfskin wallet. How do you react?

Blade Runner....I haven't seen it in it's entirety. I'm a 90's baby so I can be forgiven, however.

Blade Runner....I haven't seen it in it's entirety. I'm a 90's baby so I can be forgiven, however.
    In its... entirety?

What, you fell asleep halfway through?

Kids these days have no attention spans.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl