Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar

Horrible IPhone 5 Safety Issue

I read this horrible news (a Taiwan source, but it's about a recent accident here):

http://www.chinatimes.com/realtimene...3003123-260401

A girl who's occuption being a flight attendent was electric shocked to death using a iPhone 5 while charging.

I don't know, can't believe an Apple product can have such horrible flaw.besides, is the electric voltage through a convertor powerful enough to kill a person?

Lesser Hivemind Node NecroKnight's Avatar
    Maybe it's the convertor's fault or the iPhone 5 was actually a cheap knock-off.
    But where did he come from, this fleck of spite in an abandoned paradise?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yes, its most likely the charger, one would really have to go out of ones way to shock someone to death with the electrical power stored in the Iphone and smartphones alike.

The news here reported about a faulty/kockoff charger.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    My bad for posting this scary story without full information. Now the local medias shred more light on the accident:

Firstly, it was an iPhone 4, not 5. But of course, still it is an legitimate Apple product.

But then, for the charger it is not. It has been confimed that the charger the victim used was not Apple authorised. But still, it is yet to be confirmed if she was touching the charger line or only iPhone itself while the accident occurred.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Well, the phone on its own cant provide the charge required. So, if its a official charger or not the fault lies in that bit of equipment.

Still I wonder what went wrong though, chargers dont suddenly give you electrocuting shocks.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?