Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Any separate system overlaid on that is a threat to all whose personhoods are being defended by their citizenship.
    I've seen people dismissed from jury selection because they stated that if asked to choose between the state's law and god's law, they'd choose the latter. I think this is a good thing, as I'd probably find it frustrating to deliberate with such a person. Of course, this potentially eliminates a large chunk of our population from serving, but then again so do many people's attitudes towards jury duty in general.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Attachment 3619

It's all a load of bollocks.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorltonwheelie View Post
    Attachment 3619

It's all a load of bollocks.
    Invalid attachment.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    The destruction of the "sanctity" of marriage.
    The insouciant "immorality" of pre-marital congress.
    The incipient "immorality" of miscegenation.
    I get what you're saying in the sense that some folks are making noise about it. The good news? You and I can both disagree with those folks. I keep taking for granted that you do not know me and that it has some impact on what you assume about me, but you can trust that I am not one to vote for legislation outlawing any of that. Like I said on the other page, a secular society is going to do what it wants to do. It's not my job to try to change people's hearts by passing laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    I've seen people dismissed from jury selection because they stated that if asked to choose between the state's law and god's law, they'd choose the latter. I think this is a good thing, as I'd probably find it frustrating to deliberate with such a person. Of course, this potentially eliminates a large chunk of our population from serving, but then again so do many people's attitudes towards jury duty in general.
    Honestly, if it got me out of jury duty, then it's not such a sad state of affairs. :p

All kidding aside, though... I don't see anything preventing me from serving as a juror. My job isn't to judge an individuals guilt by personal merit or by Biblical standards. My job in that case is to see whether or not they violated the relevant laws. It's a silly idea to think I'm incapable of objectivity.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 19-07-2013 at 04:01 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly.by.design View Post
    It's a silly idea to think I'm incapable of objectivity.
    The question's asked not because they assume all Christians can't, but because enough of them can't such that it's become an issue. If all of them couldn't, there'd be no point in asking the question.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen