Network Hub

Red face The Lament of the Support

I have helped you in ways you wouldn't believe
    Setup kills for you, on the steps of the river
    I watched gankers emerge under the watchful eye of my wards
    And see you safely escape their clutches
    All those moments barely noticed
    Like the number of assists on a scoreboard

I love playing support, despite the rare thank you or recognition we get.

Do you think it's easy to take the bullet for a carry? It's not. Ask Vengeful. If you saw us supports at the pub after a long day of dota, we're on the verge of becoming alcoholic, drowning our sorrows in strong whiskey. Ach, well...
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam

Life of support is full of suffering and misery. But we do it because we must.

... and I do it because I'm tired of playing without 5-man stack and watch only one player picking support and not buying either cour or wards. Luckily in bot matches I can just pick any carry I want and rage away.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    ... and I do it because I'm tired of playing without 5-man stack and watch only one player picking support and not buying either cour or wards. Luckily in bot matches I can just pick any carry I want and rage away.
    Yeah... I often don't have time to play a 'real' game, so I resort to medium bots. It's like all carry, all the time in there. It's great when you ask a support to buy the courier and they're like: "Uh, no."

I did have fun supporting as Earthshaker yesterday, though.

Yeah, it seems like playing support is the least rewarding role in Dota. When you lose it's your fault, if you win your carry did it.

I already played some really sad games, for example: Troll gets ganked on his lane. The ward I placed on that side of the river ran out just about the time that Troll died. He then looked on the map and was crying "where are the fucking wards?". He then proceeded to flame me all game ...

But I don't want to whine the whole time, it's not like you aren't used to it, when you are support. You just suck it up and carry on (hoho).
    My Steam profile

The pun-less, but not fun-less RPS Pinball Steam group

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Playing support is the least rewarding role in any game. Except TF2. Playing the Medic is AMAZING and people openly love you for playing him!

Network Hub
    I personally find support play most rewarding. 90% of early game kills happen because of you, and your abilities continue to be useful all game round. There's no requirement for AFK farming, you're constantly active and you get to build some of the best bang for buck items in the game (mek, pipe, force staff, drums, arcanes)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The annoying thing is, support is the hardest role in this genre with initiators a close second. Its frustrating at times when pub players don't realise this.