Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Surlywombat View Post
    Half-Life Platinum Pack

Thats from when they patched HL/CS/TFC etc and brought them over. Purchases, not so sure since I have some that are down as Complimentary that certainly weren't and it doesn't list them in order down the bottom.
    Yeah, same here. Apparently I registered 17 september 2003, though I don't have access any longer to the original e-mail account I used to set it up, so it's hard to check what the first purchase was.

Half-Life 2 was my first game on steam, registered since 8 march 2004.

My wife bought Tomb Raider collection I don't know if that counts since it was my money but myself I got the Soul Reaver collection.

I first started using Steam after I bought Half Life 2. The first game(s) I bought via Steam were the games included in the THQ humble bundle (I usually prefer physical copies of games).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I got steam for HL mods, mostly Natural Selection (but also The Opera). I then registered my HL and OpFor keys with it.

First game bought for it was HL2 Silver.

Been a member of Steam since 12 September 2003. The day it was launched. I think I had beta access to it for CS 1.6 but it's a while ago now.

I think the first thing I bought on Steam was Condition Zero.

Network Hub
    First game I bought was DoW2 when it went on sale for a tenner. That would have been about four years ago now I'd think. I didn't actually play it though as the crappy laptop I had at the time wasn't up to the task though I did buy other games not long after (Morrowind GOTY I seem to remember, though I can't check at the moment) before fully returning to the PC gaming fold not long after with a new machine.

My first Steam game was Dawn of War II as well. I only installed Steam to play the MP beta. And we actually went out and bought 4 copys in retail when it was released because we did not want to use Steam (it beeing the devil and stuff).
    But then we realised we actually needed 5 copys and i was the guy who owned a credit card so i had to buy one from Steam or we would not have been able to play all together that very night. And that would have been way worse than giving in to the devil.

The first game i actually bought on Steam on purpose was Portal.

And now, only 4.5 years later, i am kind of annoyed when a game i want is not on Steam. I allways fear to loose it without beeing able to just redownload and i miss the overlay and friends window. Despite not having many steam friends at all, mostly only RL friends.
    Currently playing Supraball, Titanfall, Wildstar and Eve.
    If you happen to like or be interested in fw or general lowsec shenanigans in Eve, say "o/". Name is De'Vadder there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    My first Steamgame was Speedball Tournament. I had to do customer support for that one, and it only came with Steam. I played a total of 12 minutes.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

First thing was HL2 in Jan 2005 which I spent many hours cursing Valve due to the fact I was having to be online to play a single player game.
    Eventually started buying on Steam itself in 2010 after Fear 2, Dawn of War 2 and Metro 2033 all demanded Steam despite me owning the discs. Concluded that I may as well join the digital download master ra... OH JESUS! WINTER SALE 2010!
    It has been naught but backlog since then.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The last Tomb Raider made me install it, hadn't used it before, purposely. I really like what they did with Big Picture though.

The first game i actually bought through Steam was Natural Selection 2 - which i haven't even played yet.

First Steam-activatable was L4D, from a Amazon four-pack sale that sold out in like 10 seconds, IIRC. I don't even remember whether there was anything comparable at the time (4 for the price of 3 preorders? How novel!).

First bought game was Audiosurf like a year later.

My first game on Steam was Counter Strike: Source. At that time I really didn't think much of Steam, can't remember why though. Years later I bought my second game on Steam, first game bought directly on Steam, Terraria.

Obscure Node
    The orange box! :)

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    The Orange Box was my gateway drug...er...game as well.

Network Hub
    Medieval 2: Total War, and only because I couldn't find it on disc anywhere. I never looked back.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    I created my steam account for HL2 on 6th of December 2004
    First added game to my account was HL2 Episode 1 which i bought retail on release (june 2006).
    My first purchase on steam was HL1 Anthology in Sept-Nov 2006 followed by TLJ pack (first game and dreamfall) March 07
    and now its on 155 games....

a screenshot of my steam account from 14.07.08
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lukasz; 23-08-2013 at 06:48 PM.

I guess the first game I ever owned on STEAM was HL2 but the first game I bought on STEAM? That's a good question... Probably Left 4 Dead, TF2 or Aion. But I can't say for sure unless there's something on STEAM that tells me and I just missed it entirely.

Like everyone else it says HL2 was the first thing I owned. The first game I bought was GTA: San Andreas back in 2008. What a time that was.

Bastion. I had watched Yahtzee's review of it, in which he surprisingly liked it, and then some time later I was bored and got to wondering if it were available on PC. I hadn't done PC gaming other than MUDs and KoL in ages, and I hadn't bought digital copies of games before.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.