Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Firefall: Second RPS Army established

Edit: Forget everything I said before!

There are a number of us playing Firefall again as the launch is imminent. We have set up a new army Rock, Glider, Shotgun as we were having trouble finding the admins for the original and my army was bugged.

Firefall now has it's own channel on the RPS Mumble Server, and most people you find in there of an evening should be able to invite you to the Army.

My character name is stoopiduk, feel free to send me a friend request and I hope to see some new faces in-game.
    Last edited by stoopiduk; 28-07-2014 at 01:46 PM. Reason: IT ALL WENT CRAZY

Obscure Node
    Oh, armies have a 20-man limmit? That is dumb : /
    I'll send you a tell at some point, started out recently.

Lesser Hivemind Node EPICTHEFAIL's Avatar
    I might send a tell, assuming my ADD doesn`t interfere (common problem in- hey, a squad thumper!). I don`t really have much in the way of stuff apart from a Bastion that I am leveling ATM, but that doesn`t seem to hamper me in Melding pockets. I do love not having to worry about levels when playing and messing around in the world.

I would join if my friends and I didn't already have a derp named army based on an inside joke from an amusing bug we found in APB. x3

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    We should get something up and running for the next days. with the current even you can also get a fine 35% xp boost when picking up the banners. the new frame also seems nice. although i really miss that secondary weapon.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Obscure Node
    I'm usually on as Veehawk. I run a nice Rhino and I'm always interested in thumping some nice resources and getting into shenanigans.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I am Teiman in-game. If you see me friend me.

I am a bastion with about 27/30 unlocks (I alrady maxed CPU). Currently griding minerals to completelly upgrade the class.

I have a personal thumper 3, but I have no upgrade the squad thumpers yet :P

Activated Node
    I'm in the other army as Mylton, I've added names from this thread to my friends list, feel free to invite me along or send me a tell so I can broadcast anything in army chat.

Obscure Node
    We should work on merging the two armies. I'd say the one I am currently in consists of just me (Veehawk), Mylton and Ezhar.

I'm always looking for people to thump quality resources with, and can help with ARES missions if you have a new frame you want xp on. Game is a little hard to get into but rewarding, hope to see you all on.

Activated Node
    Agreed on the merge (Mylton here) adding to the above list I see Grumpyoldman007 dropping in and out of the game semi regularly to pick up the daily rewards although I'm not sure how much he plays outside of that. Do we have an active army leader, Elro our only commander has been quiet for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by BarneyL View Post
    Agreed on the merge (Mylton here) adding to the above list I see Grumpyoldman007 dropping in and out of the game semi regularly to pick up the daily rewards although I'm not sure how much he plays outside of that. Do we have an active army leader, Elro our only commander has been quiet for a long time.
    Yeah sorry about that, mostly haven't played due to lack of time. I'll happily transfer the leadership over to someone who's more active if anyone wants it and if it's possible ingame.

Activated Node
    I suspect I'm in game the most and would be happy to take over but am about to jet off on holiday for two weeks. It might be best to hand over to Chipatolte\Veehawk if he's around so any re arrangements can start right away, particularly as the next big patch is imminent and could get a few people back into the game to see what's new.
    There appears to be an officer rank available with permissions settings, can that be set to allow a group to deal with invites etc or is that another item on the coming soon list?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    So now that the final release patch is up for previous players I gave it another go. I am actually quiet impress, they did add and change a lot of stuff and mostly to the better. Some missions seem to be bugged at the moment, which is a shame but I'll guess they fix that until the official release. Also manufacturing, researching etc has been streamlined a lot.Those 80.437 confusing items and minerals seem to be gone for good.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Planned to check out Firefall again after it gets released properly on the 29th, but they've managed to tempt me back in early with promises of free stuff.

Anyone playing it at the mo? Would it be worth setting a night to hang around on mumble and form ad hoc groups for exploring/thumping/PvP/group content?

Will definitely be worth doing something once it is properly released, but I also wanted to find out if any RPS chaps were playing in the meantime.

Activated Node
    I'm re-downloading the client and will drop in for a visit in the next few days.

Downloading it now, will probably be on in an hour or so.

Edit: Am online, character name ingame is stoopiduk
    Last edited by stoopiduk; 19-07-2014 at 08:59 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    hey guys, have reinstalled Firefall (mainly to grab the beta stuff). Anyone know if Elro is still about?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Ive updated and am playing. Just asked Nulk to set up a Firefall channel too. I have asked that you (Stoopiduk) get admin permissions to the channel. Not sure who is leading rock paper thumper atm.
    Steam: basicpaul | Origin: BasicPaul

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Would it be worth making a new army for launch? Might be easier to keep track of people/admins. Think I'm in Rock Paper Thumper at the mo. No idea how to even access the army screen in game though. :S

You have to get to it through the C menu as far as I can tell. I'm up for a starting a fresh Army.

This game has had far too long a beta to be in the state it's in at the moment.