Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by MadJax View Post
    Nokus, it seems very hit and miss with you :P
    Sadly, that seems to be the case :(

Out of curiosity, is anyone else with Plusnet as their ISP?

Quote Originally Posted by ramirezfm View Post
    So, I seem to have trouble getting any (solid) groups, so I thought I advertise here. Anyone for some stealing this or the next evening? I've done only jewelry and mall so far, I'm pretty noobish and generally start panicking the second I put the mask on, but I jam things, shoot and move bags.
    I expect a couple of friends to start tonight, so if you hang around the steam chat I could invite you for a bunch of Frenchie heists. They're the same as regular ones but we use our stale baguettes as drills and we yell "Merde !" when we fail.

I've joined the group and see people in the group that are playing but how do you request a game, or see if they are open to playing? Im in the chat but no one is here, cant figure out how to send game invites or messages to people. Also add me if you want to play, I'm ever so slightly less stupid in game.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by bodybycake View Post
    I've joined the group and see people in the group that are playing but how do you request a game, or see if they are open to playing? Im in the chat but no one is here, cant figure out how to send game invites or messages to people. Also add me if you want to play, I'm ever so slightly less stupid in game.
    If there is noone at the Payday 2 chat you can try the general RPS chat and/or hit Mumble and see whether someone is there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Nobody really seems to use the Payday 2 chat room, but there's tonnes of people in the RPS main one. And try mumble too.

I'll be on tonight and possible looking for a crew, if I am you'll find me in Mumble and in the Payday 2 chat room.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Network Hub
    I find that a chat room gets used more if players actually find someone in it.

I might suggest that when you wish to play Payday 2 just loiter in the dedicated chat room (As well as any others such as the main RPS one) as a sort of 'I'm available to play' sign.

Someone else coming in later could then take note and send you a tell to see if you have any time to play with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yargh View Post
    I find that a chat room gets used more if players actually find someone in it.

I might suggest that when you wish to play Payday 2 just loiter in the dedicated chat room (As well as any others such as the main RPS one) as a sort of 'I'm available to play' sign.

Someone else coming in later could then take note and send you a tell to see if you have any time to play with them.
    This is exactly what I do, loiter in the room whilst looking for a game. And I think everyone else should too so we can all rob banks terribly together!
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

Ill be on chat tonight if anyone wants to rob a few banks, feel free to message me.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/reiken_birge/

Here's my profile. I love Payday 2 though I must admit it's frustrating to play with random people at times. Especially when I draw the short straw and get stuck with the shortbus heisters.

I also play a ton of other games like the L4D series, Warframe, Saints Row 4. So yeah! Feel free to add me and we shall go forth and purge our enemies! Or some such other hilarity.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Why is it every single game goes like this?

Player One - "guys lets do stealth???"
    Players Two - Four "ok, we can try, you go..."
    Player One - "lol sorry i shot teh civilian :F"

ALL THE POLICE.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Strange, I really never had any problem in public games, apart from the occasional newbie who trots merrily in front of cameras. Then we look at him sternly and he doesn't do it again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Why is it every single game goes like this?

Player One - "guys lets do stealth???"
    Players Two - Four "ok, we can try, you go..."
    Player One - "lol sorry i shot teh civilian :F"

ALL THE POLICE.
    This is the most accurate summary. My personal favourite is when you join a game after the staging, everyone is stealthing around, then you hear "GNAAARGHHH" As someone attempts to use the saw to break into the security room at the bank, immediately followed by them saying "WTF" as the alarm goes off.

Saws aren't silent, who knew?

Oh and last night I was doing Nightclub, I snuck in to the security door undetected, one guy stayed outside and the host came in too. He was downed by a guard and said "wtf, you put your mask on while there was a guard behind me" but the guy outside and I were confused, neither of us had our masks on at the time, I had to mask on to revive the guy. Then at the end, during the standard and not at all challenging shoot out with the police, he said "well, I'm blaming whoever put their mask on", to which the other guy and myself said that neither of us put our masks on and it could only have been him being discovered. During the inevitable escape it transpired that he thought that being a ghost made him invisible - even during an assault - and he attempted to survive the escape with no armour at all. He went down then we all did in the botched attempt to revive him. He was level 35, you'd've thought he'd know by now...

Payday 2 is da bomb! Heists are easy solo stealth with a little know how. For example: http://goo.gl/9GPGfq

I don't know if anyone still playing this, but I just grabbed it from the Steam sale and joined the group, if you want to get some heisting on :). Also bought the first DLC pack.

(or at least I will be soon... Steam is currently topping out at about 100kb download. I'll eventually have the game)

Activated Node
    Is anyone else here still playing this willing to put up with someone who's still learning? =P

I've also recently bought the game, and am already getting tired of playing with rude europeans blaming me for things I can't possibly have done. My steam name is StormTec.

Let us partake in some (dis)organised crime!

(and what's this business about a chat room?)

Quote Originally Posted by StormTec View Post
    (and what's this business about a chat room?)
    I'm not sure which bit you're referring to specifically, but if you join the Rock Paper Shotgun Steam group, go to that page then click 'enter chat', you'll, well, enter the RPS Steam chat room where you might be able to get an ad-hoc game going. I could be persuaded to play Payday 2 but at the same time I kind of felt like I was done with it last time I played.

Activated Node
    Ah~ ok. Gotcha.

I suppose this is the problem with being this late to the party. Almost everyone has already left!

Activated Node
    There's a few of us who've been playing recently, we're not organised about it but you can sometimes catch us on mumble. I'll add you on Steam StormTec, I can usually be persuaded to pull a heist or two.

Activated Node
    Thanks, Abberare. I find it weird that Mumble is kind of a thing here, I've gone through my online-gaming life without ever having to use it...

Thought I'd mention that I've picked this up again and I'm having a lot more fun with it since respeccing from ghost to enforcer, since stealth never worked with randoms and the people I have played with in the past seem unwilling to actually play when they're all 'hey, let's play tonight!' and so on, so I went from the one extreme of trying to avoid killing everyone to the other extreme of trying to kill everyone, and quite often succeeding in doing so. Why, just last night I was doing a bank job, went to kill the tellers to stop them from hitting the alarm and managed to kill five other civilians with one shotgun shell. Oops.

Anyway, if anyone is still playing, add me on Steam. I'm only level 75, I took a long break due to constant update fatigue.