Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I joined the group also, just prod me for games, keen to try the co-op.

I also have a spare beta code

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Yargh View Post
    The more the merrier. Note that the current release date is 27/08/2013, so beta gaming for a bit longer (don't get too attached to your stuff)
    Quick change of plan, it seems we are back on for 13/08/2013: http://steamcommunity.com/games/2186...03028829763893

Activated Node
    Would be interested to try this one out, if someone has a spare beta key.
    If so I would join the group, I understand organised groups are better than pug where you are likely to be kicked, is there a built in VOIP for this or do you need to go on Mumble?

Network Hub
    So far I have used the RPS community mumble server (this should have its own thread on the forum) and not tried using the in-game chat. The main advantage of using Mumble is that people don't need to be actually running the game, let alone be in the same lobby to talk to each other.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I got Payday 2 on Monday after picking up the first game again last week and playing it quite a lot. I played it (2) for the first time last night, I just ran the Jewellery Store heist a few times to get a feel for the game, and it's great. Ok, so I don't know how I feel about a separate money and XP system yet and I miss the challenges from the first game, but otherwise it's all very nice. I played a lot of Killing Floor in my early days on Steam so the fact that this is still quite crude, I really don't care; it's fun and that's all that matters.

I've joined the group, have any of you actually played together yet? Is it acceptable to just add everyone in the group on Steam for casual ad-hoc multiplayer, or is there another way of doing it?

Hey folks, I shall be joining the group imminently. Also got a beta key spare (posted in the kindness club thread also) if anyone wants it. Just pop me a PM. Cheers.

EDIT: Key has gone!
    Last edited by Wizard Motor; 09-08-2013 at 08:47 AM.

Network Hub
    A couple of nice announcements on the Payday 2 community pages in Steam:

Hey everyone,
    We at OVERKILL want to salute all our PAYDAY: The Heist veterans.
    I have the pleasure to tell you that we are doing this by giving PAYDAY: The Heist owners free access to the PAYDAY 2 Beta from now on up until release.
    If you own PAYDAY: The Heist and have it in your game library, you should now be able to see the PAYDAY 2 Beta there as well.
    Thanks to the hard working beta testers, Bain is feeling generous. By pre-purchasing PAYDAY 2, you receive the Armored Transport Heist DLC for free. There is an Armored Transport heading for D.C. and the PAYDAY gang is about to give it a warm welcome. Cash, gold, jewelry, who knows what's stored in those armored cars?

Just got into the beta this past week and am having an absolute blast. Played the original Payday for a bit this past year, and this just feels like MORE; which is an entirely enjoyable thing.

Anyway, joined up with the Steam group (Wendell-X). East coast American, but always up for a game if time allows.
    Game Library Completion: 212/246 - 86.18%

Anyone been running this on a system between the minimum and recommended specs and can comment on how well it runs? Super keen to get this game and would prefer PC ideally. Cheers

Obscure Node
    Apparently this now releases in about 2 hour, so woohoo and all that. It'll be 3 am for me. I guess since I'm up now I might as well stay up and at least play one match. Ugh. I'm probably not going to bed til 8. Dammit. And also hurray.
    Last edited by Blaaaaaaag; 13-08-2013 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaag View Post
    Apparently this now releases in about 2 hour, so woohoo and all that. It'll be 3 am for me. I guess since I'm up now I might as well stay up and at least play one match. Ugh. I'm probably not going to bed til 8. Dammit. And also hurray.
    Yeah, it's 10AM Pacific, I believe. Games always release at 1700UTC (also known as Steam store update 'o' clock), which is 6PM during British summer.

Network Hub
    so, apparently this is possible:
    payday2_ach_bag.jpg

Some of the published achievements are, as usual, pretty scary or just plain silly rewards for making horrific mistakes (blow up the meth lab...).

Obscure Node
    Ive joined the steam group but wont be on tonight much.

Would love to coop this so just prod me if i'm in Mumble... Looking forward to the heists :)

Obscure Node
    I saw that being done in a video a while back, never could manage it in the beta no matter how much I tried. I had all the skills I could reach that were related to loot handling. Never looked too hard at the higher level skills though, so maybe there's one somewhere specifically for that.

Edit: That was @Yargh btw, about the bag-catching thing. Also, apparently the game is live now, if you can get through the seemingly endless unpacking and patching phase.
    Last edited by Blaaaaaaag; 13-08-2013 at 10:34 AM.

Gah, bloody jury service. The irony of spending last week and this week helping the justice system in the day then going home to virtually commit a LOT of fairly heinous crimes is delightful though.

So, say I wanted to join some of you later on; what are the details for the Mumble thing and how does one use it? I downloaded it for my brother last night because he keeps moaning that he can't chat to people on DayZ, so to say I'm new to it would be an understatement.

Activated Node
    There is a sticky on Mumble right >> here <<.
    I hope I will be able to join the heisting sometime along the way, bought the game, but in the clutches of Warframe and real life atm...

Joined the group, will hop on Mumble about 8pm GMT (Playing a bit of single player to get a feel for the heists that weren't in the beta atm). Looking forward to robbing and silliness later
    Yes, I update the below link frequently on a whisky fuelled rampage. I regret nothing.

Being a grumpy bastard about everything gaming related.

Got the game today, will be on mumble (SamTX55) playing this or PS2 for the forseeable future.

Just installing this now, looking forward to some terrible bank robberies with you lot!
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

I've played for four hours with two sets of randoms, it's an awesome game... I'd underestimated just how much voice chat adds. I can't think what else 'PD2' stands for so I'm guessing that's our Mumble channel, right? Anyway, I'm off for tonight but hopefully I'll be able to join some of you soon.