Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Activated Node
    I've joined as well, but I have problems joining games. I can host them just fine but when it comes to joining it just sits there at "Waiting for game to respond" or something like that :/

This game is awesome. I played a few games last night with JimTheDog and Pecan (is Pecan an RPSer???) where admittedly I had no idea what was going on a lot of the time but still it was a lot of fun!

Pro-tip: sort your game volume settings before playing- I could barely here anyone talking over the gunfire and screaming that was going on until I sorted it
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Yeah, this game is way more fun with voice chat. I can't believe I let the embarrassment of talking at my PC stop me from using my mic all this time. Towards the end of our session together, Bodge, Zippy and I (there was a third player but I'm afraid I've forgotten your name, the only reason I remember Bodge and Zippy is because I took a screenshot by accident, I'm terrible with names) did Rats on hard and managed to secure 15 bags at the end for a $309,000 payoff. I make it sound as if I was instrumental in this success but frankly I think they could've done it with two AIs, I didn't even run out of ammo on the first day!

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokus View Post
    but I have problems joining games...
    Scratch that, just changed my Steam download location from London to Manchester and it worked after that.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    Yeah, this game is way more fun with voice chat. I can't believe I let the embarrassment of talking at my PC stop me from using my mic all this time. Towards the end of our session together, Bodge, Zippy and I (there was a third player but I'm afraid I've forgotten your name, the only reason I remember Bodge and Zippy is because I took a screenshot by accident, I'm terrible with names) did Rats on hard and managed to secure 15 bags at the end for a $309,000 payoff. I make it sound as if I was instrumental in this success but frankly I think they could've done it with two AIs, I didn't even run out of ammo on the first day!
    Capernatious? Not sure. As I mentioned to neema if people want a game of this probably the best way is to get on the RPS group steam chat room and ask in there. There are several of us that play regularly in there, either using mumble or teamspeak to communicate.

Yeah, I added a ton of people to my friends list last night, so if you see me playing and you want in feel free to pester (and I'll do the same if I have a free slot to fill)

Of course if I'm mid-game you might get back a hastily spammed all-caps response
    eg. NO M8 IN GAM NOW WSADDCCCCCCR
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

Quote Originally Posted by Bodge View Post
    Capernatious? Not sure.
    Ah yes, that was the one.

Tonight I tried playing with randoms, it was not so great this time as I wasn't hosting either. Got kicked before the end of a few heists, managed to join a Rats one during the escape (between day 1 and 2) where they had NO meth whatsoever, then we didn't find the intel before it was burned, then I managed to bag two cash piles in the bus but the C4 wouldn't let me defuse it so two of us died, the other two escaped with only two bags. It was not the best of days.

Obscure Node
    ...managed to join a Rats one during the escape (between day 1 and 2) where they had NO meth whatsoever, then we didn't find the intel before it was burned, then I managed to bag two cash piles in the bus but the C4 wouldn't let me defuse it so two of us died, the other two escaped with only two bags. It was not the best of days.
    There are folks who speedrun Rats and deliberately take 1 or even no bags of meth, then either get the intel in 20 seconds or let it burn, and make all the real money on the bus stage. You can make a pretty disgusting amount of money fairly quickly if you fail the first parts of that mission in a hurry, it's just too bad you only got two bags on the last part. You can get through that whole process on overkill in a matter of 10 mins or less with a good crew, and make ~700k in spendable cash for it.

It's kind of a shame that this one job is better profit/time if you suck really hard at the first two days.

Activated Node
    I just played my first non-beta game yesterday. After the pain that was getting the full team of randoms I ran the jewellery mission two times on different difficulty and it was truly fun. It was mostly running and gunning, but at least the randoms did shoot the cops and not the civilians. I would love to play something more organized!

Network Hub
    Just for reference, I can ALMOST get all 5 electronic devices in Framed back to the start without tripping the alarms. I have HELD ALL FIVE IN MY HANDS but been rumbled at the last instant.

Network Hub
    if you're looking for (semi)reliable partners do jump into the general RPS Steam group chat, there's usually at least one group playing Payday 2.
    I also recommend more people loiter in the RPS Payday 2 steam group chat as that is another good way of setting up teams.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Thanks to Jinx I got this game and I'll be online tonight. Will hope into the mumble chat tonight if anyones about.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaag View Post
    There are folks who speedrun Rats and deliberately take 1 or even no bags of meth, then either get the intel in 20 seconds or let it burn, and make all the real money on the bus stage. You can make a pretty disgusting amount of money fairly quickly if you fail the first parts of that mission in a hurry, it's just too bad you only got two bags on the last part. You can get through that whole process on overkill in a matter of 10 mins or less with a good crew, and make ~700k in spendable cash for it.

It's kind of a shame that this one job is better profit/time if you suck really hard at the first two days.
    I didn't know that, but it didn't strike me as what they were going for on that occasion given how they were oh so serious about being quiet.

Earlier today I joined a random game, had a few good heists, then the host picked Watchdogs on very hard. A level 9 joined us, the host (lv40) and another guy (lv32) took jammers - yeah - which I had the doctor bag and the lv9 had trip mines he didn't even deploy. Then the lv9 and 32 guys kept 'helping' me and the host revive each other when we were downed. Needless to say we didn't even make it as far as dropping the bags off... The host actually tried it again ​with the same gear, at which point I bowed out.

Network Hub
    Ah yes, that was the one.

Tonight I tried playing with randoms, it was not so great this time as I wasn't hosting either. Got kicked before the end of a few heists, managed to join a Rats one during the escape (between day 1 and 2) where they had NO meth whatsoever, then we didn't find the intel before it was burned, then I managed to bag two cash piles in the bus but the C4 wouldn't let me defuse it so two of us died, the other two escaped with only two bags. It was not the best of days.
    Note that the intel you recover during the meth deal is the codes to disarm the C4. No surprise you got blown up that time...

Obscure Node
    Hi all, downloading this now - never played the first, so need to get my head round it - good RPS group playing regularly? I have a feeling that playing with randoms could lead to irritations (Like late game L4D...)

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Feel free to join the Steam community I set up :) From the sound of things we have a Mumble channel up already (I was going to ask Nulligan about setting something up (main channel and four sub-channels).

Activated Node
    *sigh* Now the connection issues I'm having have made this game unplayable for me :(

Nokus, it seems very hit and miss with you :P
    Yes, I update the below link frequently on a whisky fuelled rampage. I regret nothing.

Being a grumpy bastard about everything gaming related.

Network Hub
    Mine were a bit odd, then i switched download server location and it has been considerably better.

Activated Node
    So, I seem to have trouble getting any (solid) groups, so I thought I advertise here. Anyone for some stealing this or the next evening? I've done only jewelry and mall so far, I'm pretty noobish and generally start panicking the second I put the mask on, but I jam things, shoot and move bags.