Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 109 of 109
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    It sucks that Valve decided to bring the banhammer down on your account, because it doesn't look like you deserved it, but if I were you I'd simply torrent the games you're still owed when you get around to playing them. It's a surer bet than counting on Valve to restore your account privileges.
    Thank you for encouragement. Ya, if I will not able to buy games in Steam I will not create another account and just will not buy games anymore.

  2. #102
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,331
    Quote Originally Posted by gwathdring View Post
    I've only needed Steam support once, so effectively no data there. I've used Amazon.com support a heck of a lot and I've always found them friendly, fast, and biased towards me as a customer rather than towards themselves or towards their third-party associates. In my own experience, at least, Amazon support has gotten roughly better over the year especially with regards to screwball practices by their third-party vendors.

    Not terribly relevant, but I've also had really good relations with Fantasy Flight and holy shit does Stronghold Games bend over backwards for you. I love them to pieces. Great games, great quality components, Survive! came in the sturdiest box and game I've ever bought came in, and they are super fast and friendly about replacements and other issues. They sent me a signed note with my replacement bits apologizing for the damaged components that came with the original. Perks of having a smaller consumer base, to be sure, but still ...
    Want to hear something scary?

    The absolute best gaming related customer support I have ever dealt with (ranging from items missing from my account to activating stuff and even getting the region switched for one title) has been EA.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

  3. #103
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,154
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Want to hear something scary?

    The absolute best gaming related customer support I have ever dealt with (ranging from items missing from my account to activating stuff and even getting the region switched for one title) has been EA.
    I've had horrible experience with EA. When I bought SWTOR preorder it didn't show up in the "my games" part of Origin, but I was billed for it. I was nervous that something was wrong and wanted to make sure I didn't have a problem after the early access period ended, so I contacted support to figure it out. After about an hour wait to talk to someone I got one of those Indians going off a script deals. The guy keeps telling me to put the code I got in my email into Origin and I keep telling him that the code I got in my email is for early access and was redeemed on the SWTOR site. I even put it in origin and copy pasted the error message to appease him.

    So after about 45 minutes of arguing with this dude he asks me "Why do you want SWTOR to show up in Origin anyway?". I flipped my shit.


    The best tech support I've had I think is Logitech. I bought a G-15 many years ago and the windows key on it didn't work. So I called them up and the guy was just like "yeah sure, we'll send you out a new one right away". I asked "Do I need to send the old one back?" to which he replied "nope, throw it in the garbage or do whatever you want with it!".


    Edit: Forgot my other EA horror story. I purchased the collector's edition of Spore at retail and the key it came with was invalid. I called up EA and they refused to do anything for me. I couldn't register or play the game at all. I had to buy another copy of the game to fucking play it. This was a brand new, sealed, release day copy not some shit I bought off ebay or something.

  4. #104
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I

    The best tech support I've had I think is Logitech. I bought a G-15 many years ago and the windows key on it didn't work. So I called them up and the guy was just like "yeah sure, we'll send you out a new one right away". I asked "Do I need to send the old one back?" to which he replied "nope, throw it in the garbage or do whatever you want with it!".
    I permanently have my switch toggled to disable my windows key. I even found my windows key from my old dell keyboard that we still use in a random storage box. Before fullscreen windowed mode that was the worst key to have.

    I had Steel Series replace a Siberia multiplatform, which was brand new. The usb connection gave really poor mic feedback. I tried it on 3 computers with the same effect. While a G900 Logitech wireless we also got was perfect.

    Got the new headset. Still gave the feedback but not as bad even after hours of messing with audio drivers. I happened to break the usb plug anyway and bought some cheap cheap (but very fat) 3.5mm extensions from monoprice so that I can actually use the headset in my chair. Yah, I will go with a wired Logitech next time (did not want to risk two wireless interfering with each other).

    Nintendo paid for my shipping a DS not working. Got it back within a week in working condition at no charge.

    Trying to understand the Indian accent from HP and Microsoft CS...ugh.

  5. #105
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Moraven View Post
    I permanently have my switch toggled to disable my windows key. I even found my windows key from my old dell keyboard that we still use in a random storage box. Before fullscreen windowed mode that was the worst key to have.

    I had Steel Series replace a Siberia multiplatform, which was brand new. The usb connection gave really poor mic feedback. I tried it on 3 computers with the same effect. While a G900 Logitech wireless we also got was perfect.

    Got the new headset. Still gave the feedback but not as bad even after hours of messing with audio drivers. I happened to break the usb plug anyway and bought some cheap cheap (but very fat) 3.5mm extensions from monoprice so that I can actually use the headset in my chair. Yah, I will go with a wired Logitech next time (did not want to risk two wireless interfering with each other).

    Nintendo paid for my shipping a DS not working. Got it back within a week in working condition at no charge.

    Trying to understand the Indian accent from HP and Microsoft CS...ugh.
    Yeah I almost always switched it off too, but it was just that I paid all this money for a brand new keyboard and a key not working bothered me.

  6. #106
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    3,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    Yeah I almost always switched it off too, but it was just that I paid all this money for a brand new keyboard and a key not working bothered me.
    I use a registry hack to convince windows it's just a different key. Currently it's F12, and I use it for screenshots so I can photograph the action even as I maneuver.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

    You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

  7. #107
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,154
    Quote Originally Posted by gwathdring View Post
    I use a registry hack to convince windows it's just a different key. Currently it's F12, and I use it for screenshots so I can photograph the action even as I maneuver.
    Windows key is pretty useful in windows 8. They added all kinds of neat shortcuts by hitting windows key + a key.

    My keyboard has the windows key only on the right hand side of the keyboard though so I never accidentally hit it.

  8. #108
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Terra Australis Incognita
    Posts
    4,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    Windows key is pretty useful in windows 8. They added all kinds of neat shortcuts by hitting windows key + a key.
    That's only because the mouse gestures are complete bullshit such that using the keystroke is faster, particularly for the Charms bar.
    Nalano's Law - As an online gaming discussion regarding restrictions grows longer, the probability of a post likening the topic to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea approaches one.
    Soldant's Law - A person will happily suspend their moral values if they can express moral outrage by doing so.

  9. #109
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,154
    Quote Originally Posted by soldant View Post
    That's only because the mouse gestures are complete bullshit such that using the keystroke is faster, particularly for the Charms bar.
    Well, windows+x is pretty handy regardless. And windows +R and +E.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •