Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Off-site Tactical Training: SWAT4

So I fancy playing some SWAT with RPS folks.

That includes you lot.

Thought I'd mention it here, for the more err, tactical among you.

Linky

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    If by tactical you mean 'wedge every door and use police snipers to shoot people on the feet.
    Then, YES!
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    I like the idea of this, and I could order a copy of the gold edition and get it in time for next tuesday.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Totally. Yes. Most definitely. Super awesome. Let's do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Watched robbaz playing rainbow 6 vegas with friends the other day and got a hankering for something similar. Can one aquire swat cheaply? And how does it stack up against the better R6 games?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Watched robbaz playing rainbow 6 vegas with friends the other day and got a hankering for something similar. Can one aquire swat cheaply? And how does it stack up against the better R6 games?

£7 off Ye Olde Amazone

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SWAT-4-Gold-...eywords=swat+4

also, ordered and awaiting delivery

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    Thanks, won't I be able to find it on the steams or GOG then? At least the price is nice.

Speaking of which, I'm typing this in 1080p now so thanks again! I think I may have left a bit of it at work though, like the bit between the screen and the base. I'm sure it's in amongst the wrapping stuff.
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    If by tactical you mean 'wedge every door and use police snipers to shoot people on the feet.
    Then, YES!
    Surely you would use flashbangs, tasers and a healthy dose of non-lethal pepperspray? Its also a nice punishment weapon when one of your fellow officers poo' poo's the mission, atleast thats how me and my LAN chums usually deal with failure!
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Thanks, won't I be able to find it on the steams or GOG then? At least the price is nice.

Speaking of which, I'm typing this in 1080p now so thanks again! I think I may have left a bit of it at work though, like the bit between the screen and the base. I'm sure it's in amongst the wrapping stuff.
    Ah yeah, it wouldn't quite fit int he box with it on so had to remove it and put it in seperately. The screw I mentioned is the bit that secures the base to that middle bit, but tbh it fits securely enough. If you do need it I have it on my desk and can post it ina little jiffy envelope. In fact screw it, I'll send it anyway.

Let me know if you want a second :P

I might have to grab this from Amazon too. I was just looking into the state of tactical shooters the other day, this one still stands out from the pack. Upcoming I guess Arma 3 might have some tactical stuff (albeit with vehicles in the mix) but the one that jumped out at me was Intruder > link < which was looked at by the main RPS site a while back > link <
    PS2 a.k.a. PurpleSnow
    also available on Steam

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Hmmmm very tempted....

Looks like we might be having another session this Tuesday, see the main thread.

Thanks for the notification !

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    OK I've placed an order for the game from Amazomg. We'll see if it comes here in time.

Would anyone here be interested in trying something else too, sometime? Like ArmA 3 or one of the Operation Flashpoint games, maybe?

Well, after playing SWAT 4 I'm pretty hooked on the slow-paced tactical stuff. ArmA 3 might be a good option for more of that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Yup, I'd be up for some arma 3 too.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Nice! My only real problem with Arma 3 is, actually two things. Performance issues (which may or may not have been solved since I last played the alpha) and the weird amount of special key combinations you need to learn to make the game feel natural. Do you know if there is multiplayer co-op in the game yet?

sorry to derail the thread, by the way...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    I too had trouble with both those things so decided to hold off playing the alpha, hoping the performance issues would be reduced on launch at which point there'd be a tutorial to help with the binds. There are coop missions but I'm not sure what's the best way to launch them. More research required...
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    OK I've placed an order for the game from Amazomg. We'll see if it comes here in time.

Would anyone here be interested in trying something else too, sometime? Like ArmA 3 or one of the Operation Flashpoint games, maybe?
    Well after I had a quick look into the state of tactical FPSes last week I found Intruder which looks to fit the bill. You have to sign up for their forums and then also sign into their IRC chat room to get hold of the alpha (which is free, what a pleasant change!).
    PS2 a.k.a. PurpleSnow
    also available on Steam