Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'm personally not too keen on Arma 3 for the moment. I dislike buying games full price (especially since i have a big backlog), and i dislike even more to buy them in beta (i get bored/finish them before the game is out)
    Last edited by Ksempac; 10-09-2013 at 09:56 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    (i get bored/finish them before the game is out)
    But think of the hipster cred!

I got bored of this thing before it was even available.

I know what you mean though, and for the most part I agree except with minecraft. That game was at it's most exciting for me when it was in beta and I could watch it grow on a weekly basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Cool, seems like there are a few people interested in arma 3 so I'll get stuck into making a scenario.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    I'm personally not too keen on Arma 3 for the moment. I dislike buying games full price (especially since i have a big backlog), and i dislike even more to buy them in beta (i get bored/finish them before the game is out)
    A few of us got it during Alpha, when it was just 25 euros. Personally, since it is such an expandable and moddable (sic!) platform, it seemed worth while.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    Cool, seems like there are a few people interested in arma 3 so I'll get stuck into making a scenario.
    Yeah, please do! I'd love to play some scenarios with RPS peeps. I'm guessing it's co-op we're talking about here, or..?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Is there any actual SWAT happening tonight then or is it just going to be ARMA?
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Is there any actual SWAT happening tonight then or is it just going to be ARMA?
    While I'm absolutely up for Arma action, if we've not prepared in advance to play it, I'd assume we're playing SWAT.

Plus, I haven't raided any rock concerts or weed greenhouses for a few weeks, and need my fix.

I'm here, online on Mumble, only jag is there, come on guys, SWAT 4 is waiting !

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Yes, should be SWAT 4 right about now.

Sorry if I caused any confusion. I was talking about Arma to gauge interest in a long term project of making a scenario (long term because I've not done it before and expect it'll take a while to make a good one). I don't want to try and push SWAT 4 out of it's regular Tuesday slot. Happily though, by the time I actually make a scenario we may also have completed all the SWAT 4 maps...

@Eso - yes, I was planning a co-op scenario. A small squad of "us" vs the AI "them".

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    SWAT 4 on Tuesday?

Also, how about Arma 3 in the not too distant future? I have no idea of how to play it properly, so if someone knows, please fill me in. :p

Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    SWAT 4 on Tuesday?

Also, how about Arma 3 in the not too distant future? I have no idea of how to play it properly, so if someone knows, please fill me in.
    Yes and yes. If not SWAT 4 on Tuesday then Takedown but we'll play that by ear depending on who's online. I've been mucking around with Arma 3 and have almost got the hang of the basic controls. Doing the firing drills actually really helped with that. The thing that still leads to almost every death for me is not knowing where the enemy are and/or not being able to see them.

Also, I'm working on a scenario and have got patrols working (except when two members of the patrol unexpectedly disappear into thin air....). So any scenarios from me are still a ways off.

Wally is now on Steam!

Yes, ArmA 3! No, not Tuesday! I'll be unavailable for games the coming Tuesday, most likely, but I would certainly love to take part in some Arma action some time. I've played a bit, to the point where I, like Wally, can get around, but constantly get killed by super-soldiers hiding in bushes. I played this one mission where I was part of an infantry squad taking and securing an objective, we did very well, but I never even saw one of the enemy before one of my squad mates had shot them dead.

Anyway, I actually went and bought the ShackTactical Tactics, T(something) and Procedures guide PDF, so I've got a load of (theoretical) knowledge to share. Hehe.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post

Anyway, I actually went and bought the ShackTactical Tactics, T(something) and Procedures guide PDF, so I've got a load of (theoretical) knowledge to share. Hehe.
    Tactics, Techniques and Procedures 3. I'm waiting for the free release on Dslyecxi's site, but I loved TTP2. Although it does include a lot of useful info for the general player, be warned that the TTP guide is best used by MP/co-op units that actually follow it, like ShackTac. Lots of the info on unit movement and tactics isn't really useful with AI/random pubbies.

No, I was aware if that, but still, it was a good read, though I haven't read all of it of course. Not yet, and much if it is very focused on one particular comms setup and command structure and role set, which of course is completely useless if your group is not following that set-up for whatever reason.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Yes, ArmA 3! No, not Tuesday!
    Tomorrow perhaps? I'll most likely be playing one PC game or another tomorrow (Monday) and if you're about we could do some Arma 3. I think there are quite a few 2 player co-op missions about.

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    I would love to play ARMA 3. Probably going to get SWAT as well, but ARMA has been sitting mostly untouched (played seven hours on my lonesome) since release as my friends just went deeper in the Dota-hole and didn't want to shoot people. Up for it some night, and there's tons of good missions.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Up for it some night, and there's tons of good missions.
    This. There are a lot of great small squad missions, and also the Dynamic War System or what it's called seems interesting. Although I seem to be an awful shot!

Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    Tomorrowperhaps? I'll most likely be playing one PC game or another tomorrow (Monday) and if you're about we could do some Arma 3. I think there are quite a few 2 player co-op missions about.
    Yeah, okay, why not! The original plan was for dancing, as usual on Monday evenings, but I can make an exception for this, certainly.

Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    Although I seem to be an awful shot!
    Hoho, me too.

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Probably going to get SWAT as well ...
    Yeah, you do that. It's been good fun playing with the purple giraffes, though a completely different beast than Planetside or the BF3 we've been playing off and on over the last few weeks. A bit janky in graphics and controls, but pretty rewarding when you get the planning and execution right.

Yeah, okay, why not! The original plan was for dancing, as usual on Monday evenings, but I can make an exception for this, certainly.
    Crikey! I didn't mean to suggest changing your plans! However, if you're on I'll be available for most of the evening (expecting a phone call I can't miss) and we can go looking for some good coop missions to download.

The offer is of course open to all. I've seen some co-8 or co-10 missions on the workshop so we can accommodate quite a few.

Wally is now on Steam!