Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Ah, yeah you don't save turns by assisting effectively making the a waste of time. But, as long as your province isn't conquered(including events) you can continue the building after a break of any length.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Dom 4 is available for pre-order on Desura. Release is on August the 31st.

Apparently they vastly improved the UI (look at that battle summary!) and modding capabilities, as well as adding new chassis, nations etc.

Preview LP:
    Last edited by Wolfenswan; 08-08-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Preorders for just over half Dominions 3's price too!

Currently something like 6 new nations included so far, and Illwinter mentioned they have plans for around 12 more to be included in later patches.

New nations I can remember:
    EA Machka, Lion Kings
    EA Ur, Mesopotamian giants
    EA Berytos, The Phoenix Empire
    MA Vanarus, Bogarus but MA?
    MA(?) Ashophodael, Carrion Woods Pangea
    LA Lemuria, Soul Gate Eremor (Ashen Empire is now MA, and MA Eremor is now MA Scaleria)

Also Pelagia in a few ages, an Oceania spinoff of some sort.

Tons of info here including an LP from one of the Dom3 Mods vets, Desura forums have good info as well.

Nice! Briefly skimmed the preview but it has me excited for the new version,

Does anyone know if you will be able to use Dom 3 save files in Dom 4 even if it just gets you the new UI for existing games? That would be sweet

I'll be buying it regardless but it would be a nice feature.

I don't think so, everyone in the beta has been complaining about how hard it is to go back to Dom3's UI after using Dom4's

Ah bummer. That would be a pretty cool feature if it was doable and would probably increase the number of early adopters. I'm a bit hesitant to get it right away just because I'm at my limit of MP games right now and it might be a few months before I get another slot open. I could still play it SP I suppose, but I've never really gotten into the SP aspect of it beyond testing different strategies.

Why, why, WHY is there no specific order to tell one's pretender not to use classic spells (those not specific to pretender's chassis)? WHY!?

Without such order, pretenders stupidly waste their fatigue and whatnot, even when the (pretender) specific spell is so much stronger than those pathetic "Fire flies" and similar... I am infuriated right now!

(and I know that I can give orders to pretender not to use such spells during battle, but it is not an optimum solution, because of so many variables that can happen! Stupid...arrrghg!)

EDIT: Should be "Why, why, WHY is there no specific order to tell one's pretender not to use classic spells (those not specific to pretender's chassis) EVER?"
    Last edited by Nahru; 12-08-2013 at 05:08 PM.

Network Hub
    Dom 4 really needs to include a utility that allows you de-select spells from a commanders spell book so they are never cast. If that is too difficult then they should allow to select a few spells that will be "priority" casts. Above and beyond the first 5 scripted orders. Heck, I'd even settle for a really general order such as "buff" or "damage" and let the cmdr pick the appropriate spells.

How does "buying mercenary" fit in the order of moves, attack etc.? E.g. If I'm buying mercs in province 132 and am attacked the same turn, will they be around? Similarly: If my enemy has mercs that are about to leave the next turn, will they be gone if I attack next turn?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    http://dom3.servegame.com/wiki/Turn_resolution

Mercenaries come almost last in the turn resolution. If you have 1 turn left on your mercs you can still use them fully that turn. If you buy mercs they won't participate in fights that turn. Not sure what happens if they were due to spawn in a conquered province, whether they will attack it or not.

Not sure what happens if they were due to spawn in a conquered province, whether they will attack it or not.
    Happened to me. They are just not bought and you get the money back.

A siege question:

Do all friendly units in a province count to a fort's fortification value or only the ones set to "defend"? (And not the ones set to hide, research etc.)

Dump. Answer anyone?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    Dump. Answer anyone?
    Sorry, no idea, you could try a human vs human game on one pc and test it. I assumed it was a requirement that leaders defend to assist but idle units in the province helped too.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Patrolling units will fight with the PD the turn the fort's province is invaded, after that all units count toward the defense, and I believe all commanders do. The wiki is not specific on the commanders.

EDIT: I get it now...
    Last edited by Nahru; 16-09-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Network Hub
    Can someone help me with MA T'ien Ch'i counter thuggery pls. How do you stop thugs without dragging all your mages off of research?

What are they and what are they using/buffing with?

Network Hub
    Summon/equip your own thugs?

Network Hub
    lasik, this is a generic question sorry... A more refined question should be....is there a decent thug chasis available through rituals for T'ien? Bane Lords don't work well, due to shortage of death gems. Nature and water and earth are really the only magic paths I can get to 5+ outside of the pretender.