Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node NecroKnight's Avatar

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Misery mod is out

The long awaited mod for STALKER: CoP has finally arrived. It features various improvements in realism, atmosphere, weapons, AI, items and many more. You can download the mod and find out many other informations from their official website.

But where did he come from, this fleck of spite in an abandoned paradise?

I have played the first STALKER game and really loved it. But for some reason I never got round to playing the others that much. Does this mod change much of the story at all? Is it like an advanced Complete Mod?

Ooh! This is happy news. Been wanting to try it out since forever.
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 1982.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Just tried it and ....well, I died ...a lot.

Within a minute of starting the game I got attacked by a load of dogs that moved so fast I had no chance so I died pretty quick. Then I started again and got mowed down by zombies. Thought I'd try one more time and was a bit more stealthy. I snuck around the dogs and zombies, got to the top of a hill then suddenly my screen became incredibly colorful and I dropped dead in two seconds. I will give it another go but I need to let my pride heal a bit first.

So this alters gameplay as well as graphics? It certainly looks a lot better.
    Respectable people... What bastards! - Emile Zola

Network Hub
    Enemies are too bullet-spongy, it should't have to take 4 sniper rifle shots to take down a flesh

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Gunman View Post
    I have played the first STALKER game and really loved it. But for some reason I never got round to playing the others that much. Does this mod change much of the story at all? Is it like an advanced Complete Mod?
    As I understand, it doesn't alter the story in any way. Just the gameplay and it's many aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by ZIGS View Post
    Enemies are too bullet-spongy, it should't have to take 4 sniper rifle shots to take down a flesh
    I haven't had the chance to try the mod yet, but it all depends on what type of ammunition you use and what part of the body you shoot. It's somewhat better explained here. You should checkout the other images as they're basically short guides for the other gameplay mechanics.

Holy shit, that was hard! Died within a couple of minutes being savaged by one of those bastards I can't remember the name of.
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 1982.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Duck View Post
    Holy shit, that was hard! Died within a couple of minutes being savaged by one of those bastards I can't remember the name of.
    bloodsuckers? or is it one of those smallish rat things?
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Banned
    I'll wait few more months until they tone down the balance(I bet they will) and fix all the bugs(of which there are undoubtely dozens of)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I was going to give this a go, but according to the Steam forums the bugs are many and frequently game-breaking. As much as Mohorovicic is a grumpy cynical bastard, I think I'll be waiting a few months too.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFenix View Post
    I was going to give this a go, but according to the Steam forums the bugs are many and frequently game-breaking. As much as Mohorovicic is a grumpy cynical bastard, I think I'll be waiting a few months too.
    I played the game yesterday for 2 hours and haven't encountered any bugs. Well expect the one with the flashlight pose, but there is a quick fix for that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    I hope enthusiasts do not abandon SoC. I can play COP because of Steam. I could buy it then use cracker but I don't intend to.

Hello and thanks for having us!
    If you have any questions, I'll be more than happy to answer them for you. Right now, the mod is being patched (patch due on Wednesday at the latest) and we're preparing an extensive FAQ as we're aware that some of the mod's mechanics can pose serious problems for players.

Quote Originally Posted by Trikster View Post
    If you have any questions, I'll be more than happy to answer them for you. Right now, the mod is being patched (patch due on Wednesday at the latest) and we're preparing an extensive FAQ as we're aware that some of the mod's mechanics can pose serious problems for players.
    There seems to be a bug with the basic tools set at Zaton sawmill. I looked at the right place, but they just don't seem to be there.

That's not a bug. We've made locations of tools class-specific, which means that assaulter will have to look for tools in other places than for example recon. Since we haven't added any new maps, this was one of the ways to ensure a greater (re)playability of the mod.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    I hope enthusiasts do not abandon SoC. I can play COP because of Steam. I could buy it then use cracker but I don't intend to.
    LURK is a mod for SoC which is also very very nice (it even talks of adding CS and CoP style artifact hunting in SOC) and is getting a new release very soon. Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFenix View Post
    You have to remember the majority of people who go to forums to post are those that have a problem. I have encountered very few problems. It's free so what have you to loose? ;)

A quick question to anyone willing to help:

Whenever I click 'L' to use my light it just flickers on and off and will not stay on. Is this intended or is it a bug? I have a flashlight that needs a hand to operate. In this mod do you need to buy a head torch before you can use the 'L' light?

Quote Originally Posted by Trikster View Post
    Great Mod by the way. Amazing! :D

An FAQ or some kind of basic guide would be nice. I am still trying to work out what some of the little symbols mean. Am I starving, thirsty or just tired? ^^
    Last edited by Lone Gunman; 04-08-2013 at 10:34 PM.

Whenever I click 'L' to use my light it just flickers on and off and will not stay on. Is this intended or is it a bug? I have a flashlight that needs a hand to operate. In this mod do you need to buy a head torch before you can use the 'L' light?
    From the FAQ (w.i.p.):
    There are two types of light sources now. The first one, hand-held flashlight, is activated by pressing “O” (by default), the same button you press when you want to take out the detector and it’s also activated in the same way as detector. It requires a free hand, so you can only use one-handed weaponry along with it. If this limitation is not to your liking, there is the second one: a headlamp. To use it, you have not only to buy it, but you’re also required to possess a power source (Universal Power Device with batteries) in your inventory. If you’ve bought it and have working UPD, just click “L” (by default) and you’re done. Remember though that headlamp drains energy, so use it with moderation as batteries are quite hard to come by. Also, FYI, the headlamp is automatically shut off if you use your flashlight.

Am I starving, thirsty or just tired?
    Unfortunately, you cannot be thirsty. Engine limitation afaik. :)