Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar

[RTRS] Masterclass: "Strategy on a global scale"

As we where talking about playing another game besides Planetside 2. Two games that came up with some responce of joy where EU3 and CK2. So, lets give it a spin and see if we can organise some people for this "masterclass".

Who would be up for it? And any preference for any of the two games? And what day would suit you?

If there is no preference then I would say CK2, as it seems to be more stable then EU3 in multiplayer.

questions: talk to me on mumble or ad me on steam: |CB| Dominicus.

Vanu tourist: Feel free to apply for an open spot to join, but as this is an RTRS masterclass you might be removed as soon as we reach the maximum participants.

Joining:
    Dominicus
    Wafflynumber
    Eltdown
    Ayam
    Grible (V) (absent)
    Hanban
    Neko
    Wolvenswan
    Duke
    Mrchinchin25
    Phatchance52

Day:
    august 10

Time:
    TBD
    Last edited by Dominicus; 07-08-2013 at 07:56 AM.

not that Im taking part, but seriously go for CK2. its much more detailed and interesting gameplay wise.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

I would be up for either
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    not that Im taking part, but seriously go for CK2. its much more detailed and interesting gameplay wise.
    Not everyone has CK2 and a lot of people do own EU3 (free gifts, indie bundles, etc). I agree that CK2 gives a more interesting experience, but EU3 will do the trick if we have more players.

Whilst I do now own CK2 it would me more of a Remedialclass as I've only looked at the first fragment of the basic tutorial. Shit's crazy complex, up in yo demesne, agitating yo vassals. Made me almost wish I'd not dropped history.

However, I'll quite happily play the whipping boy for a bit if it gets me learnt real proper.

second whipping boy here, CK2 is fun but I didn't find myself achieving much when I tried it. I'm on limited time until next weekend, though so feel free to start off a campaign, though. Oh yes, and I only have CK2, none of the addons (I think).

As a Vanu tourist I'd be interested, but my rota is quite odd just now - let me know and I'll see if I can make it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ayam View Post
    I only have CK2, none of the addons (I think).
    Now worries, as long as the host has DLC all players can use it.

I'm up for it! CK2 preferably since I have it.
    BobHound - EVE Online

Also, suggestions for time period, nations, locations and rulesets are welcome.

Obscure Node
    since i have CK2 i vote for this one. but i would not mind to play EU3 either.

weekends are the best time for me to play with you. but sunday only if it's not getting to late. so saturday would be perfect for me.

could the slavic territory (east of germany) be an attractive location to plot our betrayal against each other? there might be enough small territories and at least i could get a laugh of you spelling the names wrong and maybe give you a lesson here and there. :P

what happens if you loose. do you still be able to spectate. cuz i would like to watch how the game develops and see who wins.

As far as I could gather from chatting with Dom on Friday, we'd all be vassals of the same region - sounds excellent, hopefully the game allows good interaction between vassals (can't remember one bit of this game other than there's a place called Loon) because I want to hear people crying over the eventual backstabbing - tell me it can be ruthless, TELL ME!

Also, this coming week I'm on limited time up to Friday, but after that I'd be really happy to go for it if people have the patience to wait.

As for the setup, I'm not so bothered, anywhere the CK2 vets think would suit our pandemonium is a place I'll trust in, too - hopefully whereever allows the most interesting interactions.

note: you cant win ck2. you just postpone losing for as long as possible.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

How about the Byzantine Empire?

Damn! I'm off south to meet a new addition to the family on the 10th, better take me off the list so another backstabbing traitor can play! Good luck ye'all.

+1 for me.

Byzantium sounds good, how many factions is Russia broken into?

Another option might be Italy with all its city states, I medici!

More options.

Byzatine Empire and fight for the throne.
    Britannia, who can found it first.
    Eastern Europa/Russia
    HRE (but then we need to start at a later date)
    Norse, see how far each of us can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Grible View Post
    Damn! I'm off south to meet a new addition to the family on the 10th, better take me off the list so another backstabbing traitor can play! Good luck ye'all.
    You better start plotting, just in case he or she has worthless traits :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    I'm in. I prefer EU3 but don't mind going with CK2.

Byzantium is cool but keep in mind that they might be steamrolled by the (to-be) Ottomans if the latter have a good leader and manage to unite early. Can vassals declare holy war? If yes we could go for the holy sites (Antioch, Alexandria, Jerusalem) and defend them from the filthy Catholics.

We also could go for viking/tribe nations and see who's the best raider.

If we're considering moddings there's also the "broken kingdoms" mod which dismantles most of the existing empires and makes the game a lot more open-end (and there's a lot more carnage in Europe). And, of course, game of thrones which might is very interesting when played as a vassal but obviously spoiler-territory.

Since he'll be growing up in my brother's court I don't even get to name him... Which given that the new born is currently the Heir to my house (after my Grandad, Dad and Me..) means he's probably going to be poisoning my soup in a few years...