Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I'm quite bad at this game and usually recruit people based on their beard length (male or female)

So count me in
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Event is posted on the RTRS steam group page.

Also, we need a host. I will vollunteer for this, but if someone else feels the need then feel free to propose yourself. If I host then I would like if someone would be online a little before the event so I can test the settings of my router and stuff.

I think I'll have to join the next session. This Saturday is the day I travel back after the vacation so I'll have driven 400km up north and will likely be pretty beat after the trip and moving back into the apartment.

Scheme well!
    BobHound - EVE Online

Looking forward to it.

Joining:
    Dominicus
    Wafflynumber
    Eltdown
    Ayam
    Grible (V) (absent)
    Hanban
    Neko
    Ayam
    Duke
    Mrchinchin25

That's a mighty fine line-up of players, Dom, I see my evil twin snuck in there. *contemplates* Hmmm, good twin, actually.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Why's my name not on the list? :P

I'm pretty awful at CK2, but I'd like to tentatively join in, if there's still room available.

The maximum number of players in a CK2 multiplayer game is 32.

Time is also set now, 19:00 BST (correct me if I am wrong on this)

If you want to do a pre-match network port and game version check feel free to rope me into it - I've run network games of CK2 before and it's eye-scrapingly painful sometimes..

For that matter we should probably work out the correct Game Version beforehand and yell at everyone to ensure they can see it and are all on the correct one beforehand.

basic rule, don't play a single player game before hand. If you do, restart the game. A just started game should all have the same checklist, but as soon as you play a game it goes haywire. Same thing if someone crashes and we need to rehost, then we all need to restart the game.

At least thats from my experience with EU3.

Some guests have invited themselves over at 5; I'm going to usher them out by 7, though, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayam View Post
    Some guests have invited themselves over at 5; I'm going to usher them out by 7, though, hopefully.
    "Sorry guys, you have to leave, I have murders to plot and dung piles to acquire"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

Well, I have two and a half days in which to learn to play this game. Nothing could possibly go wrong.

We're doing Byzantium shizzle, right? If so I need to brush up on my Byzantium-speak for my choice roleplay moments.

I think it hasn't been decided yet, so we will make the choice at the start.

In an ideal world, we'd play the Old Gods dlc and everyone could be all "FOR GLORY" and "BLOOD AND THUNDER" in chat. I will probably make the stupid decision of playing as an Irish Duke if given the opportunity though, regardless of the scenario.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by PhatChance52 View Post
    I will probably make the stupid decision of playing as an Irish Duke if given the opportunity though, regardless of the scenario.
    Coward!

Ahem, howsabout if we get enough to fill a nation, we instead fill 2 relatively equal powers so we can fight for the supremacy both between nations and inside the nations? France would be pretty decent place for those (Aquitania Shall Reign Supreme!), or england vs. france.

Also, might be interested but can't guarantee yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Graerth View Post
    Coward!

Ahem, howsabout if we get enough to fill a nation, we instead fill 2 relatively equal powers so we can fight for the supremacy both between nations and inside the nations? France would be pretty decent place for those (Aquitania Shall Reign Supreme!), or england vs. france.

Also, might be interested but can't guarantee yet.
    I know it's the 'starting choice' but it's more out of patriotism, and it's a bad idea in the long run, hence the 'stupid decision' bit XD

I have no clue about what restraints are put on where and what era but the opportunity to be as flexible as possible in our interactions with each other is what rides high on my list. I'm getting the impression this will turn into a very subtle gradual scheme with no massive climaxes; I could be wrong, don't know the game so well, but I just want the opportunity to FK. SHT. UP. I wanna see liberators crashing into ancient palaces and vanguards skidding into ancient relics.

I like the idea of splitting people into two teams under a superpower each... Maybe a player-king leading each nation!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayam View Post
    I have no clue about what restraints are put on where and what era but the opportunity to be as flexible as possible in our interactions with each other is what rides high on my list. I'm getting the impression this will turn into a very subtle gradual scheme with no massive climaxes; I could be wrong, don't know the game so well, but I just want the opportunity to FK. SHT. UP. I wanna see liberators crashing into ancient palaces and vanguards skidding into ancient relics.
    I want to create a long line of CrustyCuffs, where my ancestors slowly seep and seed their way through everyone's families. To do this I will attempt to only marry my bloodline to fertile females.

It will be hilarious, and the great Cruffs empire will shatter - not with a bang, but with a whimper of uncles re-taking their power.

One nice option might be King of the British Islands. Either free for all in the old gods start date, or team based later on as Schotland VS England.

But the final choice will be made at the evening itself. So bring foreward your best options and present your case.