Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    waffly was tempting me with this last night. Is their still space?

I've only played twice, am freaking terrible, and have no clue what I'm supposed to do. In other words, like most lords of days gone by so I guess that fits in perfectly with my retarded line of inbred dipshits. I'm not in the steam group, if you have space what time is start, since I'm taking the girlfriend to the science museum in the day (nerds unite!)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Unless about 20 RTRS members came running out of the woodwork right now then I suspect we can handle one more :P. Max numbers for multiplayer are 32, so don't worry. And start is 19:00 BST, I suspect. At least it shows as 20:00 CEST for me.

Cool, cool. Well I'll show up before 7pm BST. If you're full, I'll shoot some purple laser pew pew.

So, when's the next one? Shame we didn't get to really give CK2 a shot.

Yeah was a shame, although M&B:Warband was a lot of fun. I believe this screenshot summarises the evening.

Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

nice horse Sir Crusty of Cuffs

Thanks to Dom for setting up the Mount and Blade server, the fun there more than made up for the CK2 set up and synching trials. As was mentioned, CK2 ought to be done with a smaller amount of people.

Funniest moment was someone putting up the ladder assuming that was best for us to go in to invade, but instead the NPC enemy horde streamed out down the ladder to swamp us.

Looking forward to trying a (non-Paradox) game with some of you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayam View Post
    Thanks to Dom for setting up the Mount and Blade server, the fun there more than made up for the CK2 set up and synching trials. As was mentioned, CK2 ought to be done with a smaller amount of people.

Funniest moment was someone putting up the ladder assuming that was best for us to go in to invade, but instead the NPC enemy horde streamed out down the ladder to swamp us.

Looking forward to trying a (non-Paradox) game with some of you soon.
    And to think at the beginning we thought the bots AI was off!
    It's like you said - I didn't realise Mount & Blade was a game of survival horror!

I'm up for playing something (non-paradox..) again too in the future..

I'd forgotten how difficult it could be to time strikes and blocking in M&B even without lag, never mind at speed from horseback. Thanks to Dom for the serving (of streams of enemies), awesome stuff - I loved the moment when I realised that the AI were lobbing throwing axes from the battlements and not arrows. That and the cavalry roaming the ramparts.

The CK2 problems saved my Emir's casbah from getting completely rocked. Think I'll be alright once I learn my way around the interface - in some ways it's similar to the Total War games, except with about three times as much data swamping me right from the start. I knew what I need to do but couldn't find my way around quickly enough in real-time.

Should really speak more on Mumble as well, still working on that.

M&B was fun, especially the siege. Looks like I didn't forget most of my spear wielding skills, so thats a good thing. Yet I really need tow ork on my bow skills, I was pretty good with those, but thats no longer the case.

I did some research on the CK2 OOS and crash things, here are some of the suggestions I found:

- Host has to have th best internet connection
    - Host has to have the worst internet connection
    - Host needs to have the best CPU
    - Host needs to have the worst CPU
    - Never pauze the game
    - Always pauze the game as soon as OOS happens

The bug that caused people to be unable to command troops is part of the OOS. I couldn;t find anything about the problems we had with loading a game. I'll try to dig up some more information, maybe I find the holy grail at some point.

I'd be up for some smaller games of CK2. If we are cool with splitting into smaller groups for games we could consider; Total War games, Homeworld, Supreme Commander for strategy games.

I recommend Jedi Knight 2, for light saber duels.

I'd also quite like to play a space 4x game, Star Ruler, AI War,, not sure what others have multiplayer and i'm not a fan of sword of the stars.

What Space Sims have good multiplayer?

Also, we could play some Hidden Source sessions.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I'm definitely game for some JK2.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Because someone mentioned AI War (and I think it was you Duke) I ended up trying to find it on my pc, and after trawling through my gmail-box for some time gave up and just rebought the whole lot from Steam..

So if anyone wants to play that I'm well up for it!
    (I'd settle for a game of Endless Space too, assuming it's asynchronous?? Or maybe some smaller scale CK2?)

I would also be up for some CK2, maybe AI war, but I need to learn it a little first. All other games, if I have it then I am up for a game most of the time.

Also, a second evening of M&B 2 should be something we should do at some point. There are some mods that might be fun to use with it.

Hey Dom, check this sht out:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...unt-blade-mod/

I'm up for this this weekend if a few of you chaps can be bothered to download it, too.

edit: one condition, don't play it until the actual day, it's a city to explore with zombies and I think coming in fresh will be damn good fun

The problem is, is it suited for myltiplayer?

edit: looks like it's M&B only at the moment, not warband.
    Last edited by Dominicus; 13-08-2013 at 08:52 AM.

I see Dungeons and Dragons (the Golden Axe-alike) is on sale on Steam for the next 24 hours - up to 4 players - I've heard differing views on the netcode but are any of the RTRS chaps interested in trying this out?

I'd be tempted but I've resolved to finish off the games I've started before I buy any more - especially Dishonored, The Witcher 2 and Skyrim (just kidding, will probably never finish that one)... and the other four or so, plus replaying Half-Life 2 without the fullbright bug.

Well - I bought D&D Chronicles of mystara just now - give me a shout if any of you buy it, only 1 friend on my steam list has it and he's a no-voice-comms type.

I am tempted, but also having the same problem as eltdown has. But I might pick it up, if there are 3 others then we could share a 4-pack.