Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

The Nature of SW:TOR

So, once upon a time, there was an announcement of this game called SW:TOR. It looked and sounded awesome. BioWare was making very good games without useless unnecessary and crappy sequels at this point. Then, over time, gameplay videos and more information were released over time and my opinion (and hype) over the game slowly degraded more and more. Now I have no hype for this game.

I recently found out that some people feel the same way. (I'd find an RPS link, but I am LAZY.)

It just seems this game is more of the same but with a Star Wars skin and, considering the amount of marketting and (supposedly) money spent on it, I am amazed.

How does everyone else feel? Does this game seem like a massive disappointment waiting to happen? Are you hyped to the fucking nines? What's up with you all? :D

It's going to be a mediocre game at best, but Star Wars fans will keep it alive for 5 years. That's my prediction anyway.
    http://xovsps4.com/playstation-4-vs-xbox-one/ - The ultimate buyers guide for choosing the best console.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    BioWare Austin aren't including same-sex romances, but are allowing heterosexual ones.

I'm out.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    BioWare Austin aren't including same-sex romances, but are allowing heterosexual ones.

I'm out.
    But, clearly, in their most open ended game, EVERYONE IS STRAIGHT. It's probably because it's Star Wars and Lucas does not think there should be any homosexual in HIS universe. He'd probably be happy if there weren't any homosexuals in this one, either.

Quote Originally Posted by R-F View Post
    But, clearly, in their most open ended game, EVERYONE IS STRAIGHT. It's probably because it's Star Wars and Lucas does not think there should be any homosexual in HIS universe. He'd probably be happy if there weren't any homosexuals in this one, either.
    Uh, Star Wars has LGB characters. Juhani from KotOR, for example, is a lesbian.

Banned
    Uh, Star Wars has LGB characters. Juhani from KotOR, for example, is a lesbian.
    Huh. It's funny that she's also dark side.

Is that the only one, though?

Despite Juhani being a romantic option to the female Revan in the first game, if Revan is set to light-side female in the sequel, it is assumed that Revan had a relationship with Carth Onasi instead, and no mention of Juhani is made.
    Heheh.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    TOR will have a strong story component, or thats what I trought, I am not in beta.

It happends that the PR for this game is a disaster, and the videos choosed are a disaster or aiming to different people than us.

The game LOOK's sometimes like a better KOTOR. ( there are leaker sites with decent videos )

What I am going to do, is to buy the game, do a character for every planet, then quit the game. I am going to take my KOTO3 from this game, ignore the MMORPG things, then uninstall. This will be about 2 months of fun.

It would have been better to make a different type of game, but thats is.

Huh. It's funny that she's also dark side.
    Who can be easily brought to the Light.

Is that the only one, though?
    No, she's not the only one. There aren't many, and most tend to be implied rather than directly stated, but there are LGB characters in the SW universe.

Heheh.
    And? Different developer, and one hell of a short but troubled development cycle. ME2 assumes the player was with Kaidan in ME2 if you start anew, but it doesn't stop a player's FemShep being lesbian if the player so wishes.

Banned
    No, she's not the only one. There aren't many, and most tend to be implied rather than directly stated, but there are LGB characters in the SW universe.
    Any evidence?

Any evidence?
    Yup, there's two there.

Banned
    Yup, there's two there.
    Three minor characters out of... How many?

Three minor characters out of... How many?
    Count Juhani's implied lover from KotOR and the non-canonical FemRevan, and you've got five.

Like I said, there aren't many and most are implications, but there are openly gay characters in Star Wars.

Banned
    Count Juhani's implied lover from KotOR and the non-canonical FemRevan, and you've got five.

Like I said, there aren't many and most are implications, but there are openly gay characters in Star Wars.
    Then why the hell none in SW:TOR?

Then why the hell none in SW:TOR?
    'cos BioWare Austin dropped the ball?

Banned
    By the way, where did you hear there would be no gay romance?

By the way, where did you hear there would be no gay romance?
    @ ~2:49, and this topic

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    At first I expected it to completely revolutionize MMOs. Then as more and more gameplay videos were released I woke up from my little fantasy world of rainbow-crapping unicorns.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Who can be easily brought to the Light.

And? Different developer, and one hell of a short but troubled development cycle. ME2 assumes the player was with Kaidan in ME2 if you start anew,
    Probably a fair assumption considering that apparantly being nice to dull, drippy Kaiden = huge desire for sexy times. If Ashley hadn't been (as both myself and a friend independently articulated our reasons for letting her die) "a little bit racist" then I'd have got shot of him there and then!

Activated Node
    I take it they mean NPC romances. In an MMO..... That could be a bit awkward, whatever your orientation.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I recently found out that some people feel the same way. (I'd find an RPS link, but I am LAZY.)
    I've not read Kotaku in a long while, but those in the OP are both some well-written posts that accurately describe my impression of the game so far.

I'll freely admit I was never planning on buying this game as I am a fan of neither BioWare or most of the Star Wars universe (anything that happened before episode 4, really). However proclaiming how different TOR is while the combat is exactly like any EQ/WoW MMO out there - the dissonance between the hype and the perceived reality of the game, as it was so nicely put in that Kotaku article - just makes me incredulous and forces me to question everything else they say.

And (yes, sorry, invoking GW2 in a TOR discussion) while I don't agree with everything said by GW2's PR machine, so far their hype has generally hit much closer to the reality of their product.