Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TI3 Thread

Hybrid View

TI3 Thread

The International 3 starts in earnest tomorrow, but the Wild Card game is tonight. Rattlesnake and Quantic will play to see who takes the 16th slot for the competition. The DotA 2 subreddit has been full of links to pictures and player blogs from the event.

So, I thought I'd go ahead and make a thread for anyone else who was keeping up with this (or speculating). Compendium predictions are also closed, so everything is in place to begin.

I enjoyed both legs of Alliance v Tong Fu, admittedly for different reason. Is it possible to do spoilertags here? [spoiler][/spoiler] doesn't work and I'm obviously out of ideas after one idea.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Its still the prelims anyway. The real shit starts on the 7th.

But good to see Fnatic do well at a LAN. When they were face rolling everyone at LAN events in HoN, it was the same. Their LAN strength is amazing. I don't think they'll make it to the final four though but I have them down as a dark horse.

Final four: Navi, Alliance, IG, LGD.CN

Winner: Navi (Who face rolled everyone yesterday)

Dark Horses: Fnatic, Orange (Because Mushi)
    Last edited by khaz; 05-08-2013 at 07:08 AM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    Its still the prelims anyway. The real shit starts on the 7th.

But good to see Fnatic do well at a LAN. When they were face rolling everyone at LAN events in HoN, it was the same. Their LAN strength is amazing. I don't think they'll make it to the final four though but I have them down as a dark horse.

Final four: Navi, Alliance, IG, LGD.CN

Winner: Navi (Who face rolled everyone yesterday)

Dark Horses: Fnatic, Orange (Because Mushi)
    I don't think IG will get into the final four, they're playing way, way below their level, I'd replace them with a DK or Tongfu. Honestly though this year is so close in how well teams are playing I think even Fnatic or Dignitas could have a good shot of being in the final four, maybe TL will pull a miracle like TL tends to do sometimes in lower brackets as well, who knows how it's gonna end up this year.

I definitely think there's not going to be a single non-asian team in the top 8 this year.

I have mostly Navi, Dendi and Alliance members in my fantasy roster. I think the exception picks are from Fnatic, Liquid and Mousesports. Poor mouz.

Network Hub
    F'natic are my team (as in I've loved them for ages) but tbh... Na'Vi or Alliance to win.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    http://www.dota2.com/international/m...ule/wednesday/

The real shit starts tomorrow people! Those are some good matchups!

Wow, IG got DK. I have a feeling Beardface's prediction about IG doing poorly this year might come true. DK have been playing really well.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    http://www.dota2.com/international/m...ule/wednesday/

The real shit starts tomorrow people! Those are some good matchups!

Wow, IG got DK. I have a feeling Beardface's prediction about IG doing poorly this year might come true. DK have been playing really well.
    Looks like my hope of TL doing a miracle is completely lost, the loser of Alliance vs LGD plays the winner of Liquid vs MUFC

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Depends which TL shows up. Throwliquid or Manupliquid? But yeah, Alliance just too good. Did you see their Roshan bait against Orange?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crQhca-Eg2Y

Brilliant.

Activated Node
    After watching thrownitas, dignitrash, dignithrow last night, I doubt Liquid can beat either team or the other, american doto disband.

Alliance are the masters of the Roshan pit.

Quote Originally Posted by Beardface View Post
    After watching thrownitas, dignitrash, dignithrow last night, I doubt Liquid can beat either team or the other, american doto disband.
    That Dig v LGD tiebreaker. It really seems like LGD has mastered the long game, which is why Navi had to make their second game such a fast push.

Also, am I missing something, or is there no easy way to see which games you've seen and which you haven't? I wasn't home much over the weekend to multitwitch the day that had the most games, and my courier view count is only around 120. It's going to be a pain to make those up if I have to guess at which ones I have or haven't seen. Honestly, with so many matches, it's hard to recall which I peeked in on. (no little eye icon, etc)
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 06-08-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deadly.by.design View Post
    That Dig v LGD tiebreaker. It really seems like LGD has mastered the long game, which is why Navi had to make their second game such a fast push.
    Yeah, not many teams have such skillful defensive play as LGD.

Quote Originally Posted by deadly.by.design View Post
    Also, am I missing something, or is there no easy way to see which games you've seen and which you haven't? I wasn't home much over the weekend to multitwitch the day that had the most games, and my courier view count is only around 120. It's going to be a pain to make those up if I have to guess at which ones I have or haven't seen. Honestly, with so many matches, it's hard to recall which I peeked in on. (no little eye icon, etc)
    Same for me. I really really hope that they change or add something, so it's way easier to see which games you've already seen, like in the qualifiers.
    My Steam profile

The pun-less, but not fun-less RPS Pinball Steam group

Quote Originally Posted by Stirbelwurm View Post
    Same for me. I really really hope that they change or add something, so it's way easier to see which games you've already seen, like in the qualifiers.
    I brought my laptop to work today and used it to download all of the Saturday matches. Knowing that I was away all day on the 3rd makes the match dates the easiest way to organize things. It's still a ton of matches, though, and they haven't finished downloading.

Activated Node
    This is a pretty cool little thing http://www.devilesk.com/dota2/apps/ti3bracket/ click the empty bits next to the teams and put your score.

How I see things turning out devilesk.com/dota2/apps/ti3bracket/j49xE4

This is a probably more realistic version of how it happens http://www.devilesk.com/dota2/apps/ti3bracket/x0Zkuz
    Last edited by Beardface; 07-08-2013 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beardface View Post
    This is a probably more realistic version of how it happens http://www.devilesk.com/dota2/apps/ti3bracket/x0Zkuz
    With MUFC steamrolling through the lower bracket and winning the title? Seems legit.
    My Steam profile

The pun-less, but not fun-less RPS Pinball Steam group

Quote Originally Posted by Stirbelwurm View Post
    With MUFC steamrolling through the lower bracket and winning the title? Seems legit.
    I was pretty sure you were going to link to this.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Matches are a go!

I've only seen the first NAVI v Orange game so far, but oof! Lots of action in that match, especially early on.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The two most aggressive teams in the tournament as first match? Even the luck gods are with Valve.