Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: TI3 Thread

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    The Korean commentators are back and this time, it's the marathon game.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Quote Originally Posted by grasskit View Post
    while on topic whats your fantasy team score? mine was 749 last i checked, no idea if its bad or what. my picks were basically alliance and navi players
    Sadly, I had Black as my carry for the first two days, so my score was only 712. If I'd had XBOCT instead, I probably would have cleared 900. Oh well -- the rest of my picks and days worked out pretty well. I was just busy and made a bad pick during those early, game-heavy days. That...and mouz bombed more than anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by Stirbelwurm View Post
    Wait, there are rewards for predictions and Fantasy Teams? Damn, maybe I should have been paying attention ... What kind of rewards are we talking about, anyway?
    I have no idea what, but we're promised an item based on certain preditions/fantasy/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    The Korean commentators are back and this time, it's the marathon game.
    I don't know why, but I chuckle every time they make text or objects spin in circles.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 15-08-2013 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grasskit View Post
    while on topic whats your fantasy team score? mine was 749 last i checked, no idea if its bad or what. my picks were basically alliance and navi players
    I had... lemme check... 497, it would seem. I forgot to add a second carry to the team for the prelims and first days of group stage. And I didn't really do much shifting in the composition anyhow.

If I remember correctly, I had 560 fantasy points or something ... which earned me the least valuable reward for the fantasy challenge. Now I'm sad

For those that don't know: therer are four levels (= stars on the box). They grant a random item of common / uncommon / rare / mythical rarity, with an added fantasy challenge tag.
    My Steam profile

The pun-less, but not fun-less RPS Pinball Steam group

Activated Node
    I got the mythical one and from it a Tickled Tegu!

:O

How many points did you have?
    My Steam profile

i got a rare medusa bow for 749

Network Hub
    Humpf, I got a rare (3 star) hairdo for CM. I love CM, but, a hairdo...
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirbelwurm View Post
    :O

How many points did you have?
    Just under 900 iirc, something like 890

712 points, 3-star chest = rare mace for CK.

Network Hub
    Catching up on some TI3 games I had not seen... namely the LGD vs Alliance UB Game 1.

With all due respect to Alliance's world class play, it still irks me that they basically win by split pushing with NP + PL. Sure those heroes exist to be used, and sure anyone else could use the same approach... but it is an Alliance 'special' and ... this is going to sound wrong I know... it feels like punching below the belt. One might argue that whatever works to win is the only thing that matters, but clearly I don't see it quite that way

Phew, feel better now.
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam

I'd still wish, that they'd add some form of indication, of which games I've already seen and which are still missing :/

Also, yeah, people will use anything to their advantage to win. Much like the fountain hooking. I guess it just takes a little time until people figure out effective ways to counter this (or until this gets nerfed).
    My Steam profile

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy View Post
    Catching up on some TI3 games I had not seen... namely the LGD vs Alliance UB Game 1.

With all due respect to Alliance's world class play, it still irks me that they basically win by split pushing with NP + PL. Sure those heroes exist to be used, and sure anyone else could use the same approach... but it is an Alliance 'special' and ... this is going to sound wrong I know... it feels like punching below the belt. One might argue that whatever works to win is the only thing that matters, but clearly I don't see it quite that way

Phew, feel better now.

The thing is, the enemy (I think its that game) pick quite a wombo line up, split pushing is an effective tool to deal with Wombo's, it was just good drafting from them, and quite the risky strat really with the amount of farm they realistically needed to be able to compete.