Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TI3 Thread

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The all star match. Trolling brilliance.

Akke: "Loda's in their team. We'll win."

And Dendi's pudge dance in front of Puppey. xD

When was the all star game? I missed that.

Sometime in the night

I suggest watching it on Youtube, since you also see the stuff that happened offscreen:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqo8hzwM9a8
    My Steam profile

The pun-less, but not fun-less RPS Pinball Steam group

No comments on the alliance vs lgd games? The first one is a must see, it has an epic ending.
    My Steam profile

The pun-less, but not fun-less RPS Pinball Steam group

Well, that certainly was a ninety nine minute game

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    That's Chinese dota for you. People don't hate them for being communists, but because they stagnate the games to the unwatchable point since Dota 1. You don't want a chinese finals, ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l87Ltwv4nxs
    Last edited by pakoito; 09-08-2013 at 03:10 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    That was 70 minutes of doing nothing but farming. Chinese doto. :/

Network Hub
    And this is why people cheer on Navi, because no one EVER wants a final with 2 Chinese teams.

Navi vs Alliance plx.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    Well, that certainly was a ninety nine minute game
    Here's some highlights of the game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y7Hgoidyxc

I did enjoy Liquid's incredibly direct approach to playing, though. Some great hooks in that game v LGD, but also some amazing crystal maiden ults.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Liquid vs. LGD.

I just finished watching the vod. What a game! Fluffnstuff's ulti with CM in the pit was brutal, he destroyed everything!

Although Bulba's clok was amazing.

Jesus christ Na'vi

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Jesus christ Na'vi
    Jesus trolling Christ indeed.

I just realized I met Soe on Christmas at a LoL event (girl friend invited me) but I didn't even knew who she was.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Jesus christ Na'vi
    Yup.

10char

Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    Liquid vs. LGD.

I just finished watching the vod. What a game! Fluffnstuff's ulti with CM in the pit was brutal, he destroyed everything!

Although Bulba's clok was amazing.
    Indeed, I was actually surprised by the outcome. Spoilers follow: I'm surprised LGD lost. TL has always been in my eyes a bit of a hit-or-miss-team, whereas LGD plays very stable and safe games and I know LGD could've played so much better. Then again, the hooks from TL were phenomenal, and the teamplays were surprisingly good. I can't understand why people underestimate CM's ult so much.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Even when the Chinese teams play shit they manage to guarantee one team in the LB finals.

Alliance Navi grand final is gonna happen though.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    No wait, I miscalculated. Holy shit Mushi is on fire and Alliance's utter destruction of Navi was insane.

I'm not so sure Navi can even beat Orange now.

Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    No wait, I miscalculated. Holy shit Mushi is on fire and Alliance's utter destruction of Navi was insane.

I'm not so sure Navi can even beat Orange now.
    Alliance have been behind on kills at the 20 minute mark in a LOT of games I've watched. Bulldog especially tends to get punished in the first few minutes of a game. The thing is, by the 35 minute mark they pull it back and GG swiftly follows. It's almost at odds with their 20-1 record, and very reminiscent of how casters have been describing how LGD.cn play. If you let them dictate the engagements and get their core items their teamplay in engagements is utterly phenomenal. They also communicate their jungling/farming ideas with one another very well. The anecdote about them all trying to play as a carry is incredibly apt in that context.

(Game 2

I think Puppey had the right idea with the tower rush but they didn't execute it properly. They got the towers but weren't able to force a fight on favourable terms until it was too late. I was very surprised when he talked about his team ignoring a couple of his calls in their Tong Fu game, maybe that's why they weren't confident they could go T3 or feint? Their lineup was certainly not one I'm used to seeing from them, whilst Alliance had guessed what Na'Vi would try and picked two of their harder to kill heroes in Lone Druid and Alchemist.

I think Na'Vi would have loved Leshrac instead of Io to push T3 or at least have enough AOE to not lose that Roshan fight. The one noteable relocate they got netted them two kills because XBOCT played it really well - had the BKB up instantly for the immediate song response, focused down the players at the back before they could react - but otherwise Io did nothing huge for their lineup. The tether stuns just weren't enough. I could see where they were going with Tidehunter (a little bit of a speedbump, debuffs via ancho, chase via gush, big stun), but I don't think giving him to Dendi was ideal either. Dendi really shines on his mobility heroes, though he does have more variation than that and was able to punish S4's Puck with his excellent Skywrath Mage in Game 1.

With how low so much of Alliance were getting in some of those fights I think Warlock's fatal bonds and golem ulti would have been an excellent character to have, but he would have had a very bad time against Nyx (manaburn, vendetta) and Alch (easy diffusal). Enchantress creeps were too useful to give up for that, too.

-

Tong Fu losing to Orange wasn't a real surprise - they had a real rough time against iG to the point where I swear they were punch drunk for the start of their final match of that set. It was sloppy, but they did exactly what they needed to do and put their feet down until they got somewhere.

Na'Vi beat Orange 2-1 at the start of the main event. I think they can do it again, but you can bet both teams will be pulling out all the stops. And whoever wins might finally pull some games from Alliance now that they've been shown to not be invulnerable and Na'Vi have shown a reasonable strat against them.

(Yeah, I'm aware TeamDK won the one game Alliance lost thanks to a farmed Antimage which was the antithesis of the Na'Vi approach )
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    The first Alliance/Navi match was basically an Alliance steam-roll, and whilst in the second Navi looked like they had control, it was exactly that. Alliance clearly didn't give a toss what Navi were up to, preferring to fight when they wanted and it damn well showed. The turnaround was crazy.