Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Activated Node
    Thanks all for the suggestions. I am currently hooked on Unity of Command, and have also picked up Steel Panthers MBT.

Activated Node
    Try Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge.

It's not turn based, but it is very slow paced so it might as well be (the base unit you're moving around are companies---it's definitely no RTS). The AI is one of the strongest I've seen in any wargame.

If you're looking for something more like Jagged Alliance or Xcom get Silent Storm and Silent Storm: Sentinels.

Battle for Wesnoth is another fantastic game. It has a fantasy setting but is essentially a wargame. Definitely in my top 5 of turn based games.

Activated Node
    you have to be really into wargames to like it, if you don't know what grognard means your not a wargamer yet, the website is on thefreewargamer http://www.freewargamer.com/tbs/wartactical-mini-site/

The game is full version and absolutely free, no adds or anything.

its a squad-level wargame played with chits on a board from an overhead view of about 1square mile visible on-screen, it has 30 scenarios but you really should look into the editor, you can set elevations, Terrain bonus or a negative bonus, Victory points, rally flags, walls, Line of sight blockers etc... etc...

the game has a great computer opponent, but you should see whats in the editor. give it a try

Activated Node
    forgot to mention WarTactical runs on XP Vista win7 win8 & MAC