Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    Suggestions for presenters would be good.
    Cooper, CMaster, Dewisant, Jaguarskills, EsotericReverie, Jakkar, MrEclectic (have not seen him around for a while, but he made a comment on Reddit today), NickTheNegligent, Grible.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Grible when he's pissed.
    Maybe we should just get a bunch of people drunk on mumble with a set list and see what comes out?

Agree with what people are saying about length - 30mins sounds a bit too long. Better to just record the program and then edit it brutally down to the minimum length of time. Possibly re-record bits if they are particularly slow or rambling (and not entertaining enough to justify it).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Maybe we should just get a bunch of people drunk on mumble with a set list and see what comes out?

Agree with what people are saying about length - 30mins sounds a bit too long. Better to just record the program and then edit it brutally down to the minimum length of time. Possibly re-record bits if they are particularly slow or rambling (and not entertaining enough to justify it).
    In my WoW raiding guild we used to do special raids on a Friday night where we'd take our alts or mains that weren't in the "proper" raids that week and drink while we raid. It was good fun to play and some stupid shit was said over ventrillo.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I like this idea.

I've had in mind a 'newsletter' thing for a while now, but realised that getting emails and people to sign up means that it's goal (getting info to people who don't read the forums) will be hard to achieve as the only people who will hear about the signup list are those who read the forums...

Anything that gets more info about the outfit out to people, the better.

One thing I would add is that there'd be good mileage in having it Miller-specific rather than PS2 in general (to be honest, some of the suggestions simply cover what the ReachCast does already...). I'm pretty sure you could get other outfit leaders in.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    Jaguarskills
    Allow me to shoot this one down immediately by showing you the time I invented being Zero Punctuation five years before he did, only forgetting to include any wit, charm or anything else that might have engaged a viewer. I'm only linking the sound as, unbelievably, the accompanying flash video was even more juvenile and cringe-worthy.

https://soundcloud.com/user3998020-1...ity-drive-2001

In my defence, this is from the stage of my life I like to call "reading UKResistance and smoking weed, and occasionally having incredibly naive opinions on politics". I don't do the first two any more because UKResistance shut down and it's difficult to enjoy weed these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Joypad designed by David Blaine = only funny part. Kidding of course, that bit did amuse me tho.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    I think you're being overly charitable.
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

what did i just listen to!

WQWQWQW.jpg
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Lesser Hivemind Node BasicPauly's Avatar
    Naturally im more than willing to help out with this, and I have my fair share of opinions on things.

The youtube channel is the obvious place for this to be presented, and our current editors (Jaguar and Cmaster) Both have access. Makes perfect sense to post them up on there, especially given that we already have around 100 subs. It would be a nice way to continue the momentum too.

Bump.

Anybody still interested in doing this? New year, new project etc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I've been thinking about this myself for some time. It'd be really good fun to actually do this some time.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

To bring a bit of history to this topic..
    During the 1st world war, in the British Army at Ypres (universally referred to as "Wipers" in the BEF), trench newspapers became common, with the biggest and most popular being "The Wipers Times". Irreverent, cynical, and critical of authority (despite being edited by officers..), it both informed and amused.

E.g.
    The odds on tomorrows weather:
    11/2 mud wind rain
    9/4 rain mud wind
    3/1 chlorine

Presenting the podcast "in character" as grunts from the front, with gallows humour and cynical comments about high command in between more useful info, could be interesting.
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by laldy View Post
    Presenting the podcast "in character" as grunts from the front, with gallows humour and cynical comments about high command in between more useful info, could be interesting.
    Good Morning AuraxiNam?

Quote Originally Posted by RunningGloves View Post
    Good Morning AuraxiNam?
    I highly doubt we could manage a worthwhile Robin Williams impression
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

Activated Node
    I highly doubt we could manage a worthwhile Robin Williams impression
    An enormous box of internet cookies for whoever tries!

I'm interested in this, how did I miss the thread first time around, also how much was I drinking at the time? Dry humour or utterly out of the box wide eyed dribbling insanity - nothing in between!

To bring a bit of history to this topic..
    During the 1st world war, in the British Army at Ypres (universally referred to as "Wipers" in the BEF), trench newspapers became common, with the biggest and most popular being "The Wipers Times". Irreverent, cynical, and critical of authority (despite being edited by officers..), it both informed and amused.

E.g.
    The odds on tomorrows weather:
    11/2 mud wind rain
    9/4 rain mud wind
    3/1 chlorine

This sounds like a great idea. We'll need our wittiest minds on the job.

Yeah im still interested in the idea, so long as we have somebody willing to edit it together for us, which naturally is the most difficult and time comsuming part.

We can quite easily sit together in mumble and record ourselves talking about stuff and having a good time, but without the dedication and effort to edit something (thats actually good) together, there really would be no point. It would probably be quite a bit of effort.

Any volunteers?

Jag expressed interest in editing a while back. I'm paraphrasing but I believe it was along the lines of "give me something different to do rather than slap some music on a bunch of clips".

dunno if it's still the case.

Well, if that box was ticked, wed still need to think about the content for the first 'episode'. I guess we could just play a game and talk and see what happened, but structure and something to talk about might be a good thing.

Seems we have one possibility of "how" we can approach it, if people did want to use the military broadcast style, but other ideas might be good.

Im assuming your original plan was to have it apply to any game/series, and not just PS2, Dewi?