Page 70 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1772
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Agreed on the 'well led!'s from the rest of Charlie. Well led! I had a really enjoyable time.

One other thing about last night, though. When I took over as PL, I didn't think to verify that people in other squads could contact me properly, and it took twenty or thirty minutes before anyone made me aware that this didn't work. I would hope that SLs would be a bit quicker in asking for directions from platoon lead, normally. The situation may have been a bit confusing though, what with Laldy just having left, along with a bunch of others, so perhaps it would work better in a different situation.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    I was not expecting to SL. I shouldnt have, it was basically my first stratgir and i should have observed one first. I like leading, and wanted to spy on more accomplished people, learn what to micro and what to let happen. I get the feeling we are low on SLs though and like bravo lead I am keen to learn.
    I'd offered to SL, but was told we were already full. As it was I was able to do some ad-hoc mentoring of Kreguree, so all was good. On that subject - if you want mentoring, just ask for it! Sounds like it all went pretty well ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    If someone could direct me to a thread explaining why we have two com setups, that would be great. I think I've managed to bind solutions to both, but i'm unsure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    So what is the difference with CCEU comms? (would prefer not to call it 'squad comms', since that seems massively confusing)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    Agreed. I *think* all the channels are linked so if you shout to linked then it goes to Alpha,Bravo,Charlie,Delta.
    If you're after a complete explanation of comms, this thread has it all, but is more detailed than you need to know.

The main comms, known (to me at least) is "Direct" comms, and should always be the first choice to use, especially as most people should have the binds after last StratGir. Maybe I'll do another session again soon. It lets you talk to who you need to, without either A) annoying others or B) causing "voices in my head" syndrome.

The other one was set up for CCEU, originally, and is much simpler. Everyone either talks to just their "squad" (often actually a much smaller subdivision) or to everyone in the group. This works well for small groups (<24) with a shared objective, but quickly turns into a mess with larger groups/ anything needing feedback.

There is NO NEED FOR SEPERATE BINDS FOR THE TWO. The "SitRep" bind (Shout to Parent and Shout to Current + Linked) for direct comms doubles up as the "Talk to all" for the "CCEU" setup.

The third set of channel, that to my knowledge has never been used, is an experiment, designed for vehicle crews really. Again, uses the same binds as the previous two.

As an aside, someone in Delta (possibly lead) last night seemed to have their sitrep bind wrong - could hear them in other squads.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Just a reminder that StratGir will be Thursday this week. Who wants to lead? It will likley be a bit quieter than ususal, due to the EUIV game that lots of people are in.

I can step up as PL for the late shift. My wife is away so my son needs to be asleep before Ic an commit to anything, and that usually happens around the 22:00 mark, these days. If someone else is happy to lead before then, I'd be glad to take the reins for the second half or so.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Not sure I can be on - but if I am then I'm happy to SL.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'd probably like to be a shouty SL. Although I'm having a bit of a weird time, so worth having some reserves.

ahhhhh, glorious glorious EU4.

carry on. :D
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

This is the perfect set of circumstances to give people who don't, the opportunity step up and run things for the first time. Movers and shakers are down to only a few, so i suggest that those who remain really encourage and push for people to step up and just give it a go. Half an hour shift rotations for PLs if needed and plenty of "gentle jogging pace" expectations of this weeks StartGir should be both emphasised, and expected.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I don't know if I will be on tonight, I might be making a cross for a "*I'M* BRIAN!" costume, or just feeling generally shitty which seems to be a theme this week.

But if I am, I will be happy to SL or even PL, although PLing with few things happening sounds tedious.
    Basically, always happy to <strikethrough>stroke my ego</strikethrough> practice serving the squad.

Thanks for leading tonight, everyone! Good job!

There was some discussion during the debrifing about getting the Mumble ovelay thing working again in the 64-bit client. I've updated the communications guide on our web site with instructions for that and a script that simplifies the process (courtesy of Qw33r!). Read all about it here:
    http://www.rockplanetshotgun.com/gui...c-comms-guide/

Network Hub
    Does windowed fullscreen affect the game's performance?

PerhPs slightly. You would have to try. I cannot see a difference.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    PerhPs slightly. You would have to try. I cannot see a difference.
    Seconded. No noticable difference for me.
    Origin guvornator69
    Steam guvornator
    Planetside 2 DavidGan1x - Come admire my terrible KDR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Maybe there is. But not in FPS. If this is true:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...rosshair_lose/
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Windowed has certainly helped me avoid crashing when i alt+tab out for switching mumble channels.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

It's that time again folks!
    Can we all please try our best to be on prompt for 7:30 BST.

Any takers for SL/PL?

I'll take an SL slot. Would be grateful of some moral support from an experienced SL.

If I have someone to mentor with (Nick, Laldy etc) I'll take PL for an hour although would prefer to SL.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Would quite like to SL, although realised I made some statement to the effect last week, but then didn't show (in my defence, I wouldn't have been fit to lead anybody with the way I felt). Could also do the mentoring thing for either PL or SL if that's where there is more demand though.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I will, as usual, gladly do whatever. Ideally I would like to listen in on TVA coms without having any extra responsibilities. Like being TVA coms.

I just want to know whats what, is all.

That is all.

Every. Single. Thing.