Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    LA Ermor it is then.

Can someone explain to a new player like me why LA Ermor is potentially more of a problem than other nations?

In short dominion kills population very quickly, makes provinces worth zero gold.

This means all of their lands become useless to invaders. As well the supplies tend to be very low (especially because ermor will also be taking death dom) and so invaders are starving, diseased and fighting for more or less worthless lands. This makes ermor very uninviting to invade, but if you leave them alone they start getting tons of freespawn undead (mostly souless and such, so not particularly valuable).

Basically its just a bad risk/reward ratio to attack them, and it just gets worse over time as they eventually reduce more and more provinces pop to zero (meaning they are worth zero gold as well).

Also if its a very large game the freespawn can cause the game to reach the unit count, which means no new units can be created. This is also an issue for other nations, but LA Ermor and LA Ryleh are the two biggest culprits.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by xspork View Post
    Can someone explain to a new player like me why LA Ermor is potentially more of a problem than other nations?
    To elaborate on what Lasikbear said, Ermor has virtually no need for gold or most scales. Turmoil 3, Sloth 3, Cold 3, Death 3 is pretty much the starting point for any Ermor build. This allows a metric fuckton of points which will be turned into dominion 10 and a powerful awake death mage pretender by anyone who feels like winning. The result of this is that Ermor's dominion will, as soon as borders with another nation are established, start killing that nation's population and draining their income. In short, if you are neighbors or about to be neighbors with Ermor, you're a fool for not gearing up to attack them.

If Ermor ever reaches the unit limit, everyone else will have already lost. Just remember, the moment your scouts detect Ermor, hire no leaders that aren't priests.

Yeah, Ermor's economy is (almost) entirely based on death gems, they don't buy anything besides buildings (though temples and forts give them better freespawn, so they do want buildings). All of their stuff is summoned with dgems, and most of them are undead priests that can reanimate even more (and again, better) undead. They also get special semi-unique holy spells to increase their undead's MR and attack (LA Ctis gets similar spells with different names).

Ah...interesting. Thanks for the great info. I can see how those scales could be a major issue if they are allowed to run rampant. I will have to play more practice games with other nations to get a feel for the different mechanics.

I also want to thank You all for detailed information about Ermor. Could be useful in future games.

Network Hub
    You might have to count me out of this one, actually. I've got another semester at university about to start, not to mention Dom4 being about to release.

Actually, I will not be playing this. I apologise if You already spent time picking a map or anything.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Let's get this going. One of these maps would be good. My vote goes to Land of Pareto Efficiency.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Okay its up
    http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo....PSTheSmallGods
    Check first post for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    Let's get this going. One of these maps would be good. My vote goes to Land of Pareto Efficiency.
    executive descision made mainly because its very evenly distributed and only wraps one way.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    EA Sauromatia for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Screwie - Undecided(dont reccomend a water nation with this map Screwie)
    Not sure what nation you have confused with Sauromatia, Helio...

Sorry, did that tired, I didn't realise you had picked, i was warning that water nations get a bad deal in this map generally.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Did jshank change his mind about joining?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    one more doesn;t really matter right, already a lot of pressure.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Jeez, 4.5 land provinces per player. This is going to be a quick and messy game!

I set the server to 8 slots. Can I raise that?

no idea, but I suspect you need to close it and rehost.

I think you can change the settings, worth a try I say.

Will get my pretender up later today as soon as get home.