Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Cross-posting:

Huzzah

SF FTL: Headspace
    |- AR: Fer
    |- Demo: Wolfenswan
    |- Demo: ShowMeTheMonkey

Whenever I play any kind of special forces, ArmAx takes me aside for a little chat. It goes something like this:

ArmAx: Comrade, why are you doing this?
    Fer: Because this is fantasy! FANTASY!
    ArmAx: Comrade, we've discussed this many times before. You have never had a day of military training in your life. You couldn't be less special forces if you tried.
    Fer: Remember the part about this being fantasy?
    ArmAx: :sigh:
    Fer: Just give me my high-speed/low-drag gun already.
    ArmAx: You're only going to embarass yourself again, comrade, but here you are.
    Fer: Thank you.
    True to form, I lived only a short while. Comrade Headspace moved us on the high ground of the runway's northern end, our engineers lacing the road with satchels as we moved. To be fair, we managed to explode the T90s and murderise all but one of the surviving crew members (though I confess I couldn't see much through my bloom-filled NVGs and was not particularly good with my SAW). However, as we attempted to escape northwards into the suburbs, two BMP-2s and a T-55 came at us from that direction. I died, as we all did, cowering against a rock in a riverbed, feebly hoping that my high-speed/low-drag camo would save me.

Congratulations to the rest of the (regular) platoon for managing to take the objective with respectable losses and only one cooked-up IFV!

:hist101:

Oh Marine, I watched you burn!

++

Lead Stocks

MMG1: Toppometer
    |- Assistant: Fer

Almost as soon as we had disembarked from the trucks we came under fire from enemies unseen. The rest of the platoon appeared to know where it was going, so we didn't panic. Instead, comrade Toppo and myself spent a very enjoyable 5 minutes moving by bounds through the woods. It was all "Bounding!" and "... set!" and felt very proficient. Unfortunately, horrible things were happening to the other side of the platoon, so we had to come back and join up with CO, comrade Wolfenswan.

We were probably no more than 50-100m into the woods, with open fields to our right and a road some distance ahead. I believe the bulk of the platoon was ahead, or roughly in line with us. There may even have been one fireteam out in the field, pinned down behind one of the low stone walls. Whatever the detailed picture, the rough impression over comms was that we were bogged down, and badly so. Then it got worse.

I must have been shot and patched up at least 3 times in the course of 5 minutes. Despite the order to fall back, many of us were guilty of attempting to heal the fallen or at least drag them - slowly - into some form of cover. Like a textbook example of why it's better to win the firefight before tending to the wounded, we became targets in an easy shooting gallery for the enemy.

Eventually, when Toppo was dead and my legs shot away, blood making my vision red, I saw the enemy. A handful of troops were advancing on us from the road, upright and moving quickly towards the undergrowth where I lay. I fired every round in my rifle (to no avail), until all I could hear was click-click-click-click-click.

:commissar:

++

Feruzablues

MMG1: Toppometer
    |- Assistant: Fer

We landed in a hot LZ, but because of the way the mission had been configured I spent an agonizing few moments trapped in the bird, unable to dismount until my element leader, Toppo, issued an order with the command interface. Once out of the bird, Toppo and myself settled into the work of engaging targets with his M240, my job being to use my laser designator to spot and provide accurate ranges. The platoon as a whole probably cleared the valley in a few minutes, leaving us the odd straggler to engage. Then we were off, up the slope to our north-west, to join Alpha/Bravo and MAT1 on the ridge overlooking Feruzabad.

As I crawled over the crest of the ridge, the first thing I saw was a truck-mounted ZSU positioned at small army outpost south of the town, but on ground almost as elevated as ours. The barrels were pointing in our direction, but the gunner hadn't spotted us or the rest of Alpha/Bravo. Toppo immediately set up to fire on the truck and there then followed a reasonably long conversation between our squad leader (Alpha FTL, comrade Bodge) and the CO, (comrade Draakon). Comrade Draakon wanted us to identify targets in the town before opening up on the truck, and in any case wanted MAT1 to do the job of eliminating the AAA threat (which is remarkably effective against infantry and light armour).

It was a good call. With my rangefinder I helped spot ot confirmt the presence of a BRDM in the town's army base, a DShKM at the head of the road leading up to the mine, and a technical at the town's western exit. When we did open fire, it was still Toppo that killed the ZSU's gunner, but in a flash he moved to engage the DShKM and disable the technical. We stayed on the ridge longer than any other element, covering Alpha/Bravo's descent into the town and successfully engaging a handful of enemies that attempted to climb the slope.

When the town was taken, we moved down to assume a rearguard position at the head of the road up to the mine. A small number of enemies were moving on foot towards us from the south-west, running down a more westward slope of the ridge we had just occupied and crossing the flat valley floor amidst a hail of our bullets. Comrade Toppo made the most of his remaining ammunition and cut them all down, before scavenging an RPK and making for the mine itself.

The rest of the platoon was mopping-up by the time we got within any useful distance of the mine complex, though I did get to witness the luckiest man alive making his run down the hill above the mineshaft. Well, he was the luckiest man alive until he wasn't alive.

Then the mission was over and I called for a photo-op at the entrance to the mineshaft. I'm afraid someone popped smoke at that point (boo!), so I aborted my plans.

Note: Mid-way through the mission someone destroyed the (disabled and unmanned) BRDM with satchels. As a rule, in Folk sessions, please don't do that unless you've cleared it with the CO first.

:cop:

++

Mail Man

Charlie: Fer

I rode with comrade Head in his personal Littlebird, and was glad when he set me down near comrade Tigershark's LZ, where comrade Draakon's Alpha fireteam was making a beeline for the little house that overlooks the crash site from the south-east. Enemies were down the slope, some near the house itself, so we poured fire onto them. My suppressed G36K was surprisingly handy at medium range, and soon it was safe to continue on to the downed C-130 itself.

Comrade Sulphur and others from Brave narrowly beat me to the wreck and initiated the data download process. For a little while I helped cover the southern approach, but quickly moved northwards up the valley in anticipation of an enemy technical that was moving in. The ill-fated vehicle was allowed to get quite close to the crash site before punishing fire from both sides of the little valley finished off the crew. Bravo recovered the still servicable 4x4 and I fell back to the C-130 again, pausing briefly to look at the flaming wreck of ShowMeTheMonkey's Huey, which had crashed and burned to our north.

When the data download was complete, comrade Tigershark brought his Huey in to land near the wreck and I climbed aboard with Alpha. Comrade Head's personal Littlebird took off the remaining members of Bravo, though I believe some brave souls drove out of the valley in the captured technical. After some Air Cav flying from comrade Tigershark, we made it home to the base.

:clint:

++

I hope others enjoyed the session as much as I did, it was a pleasure to host and to play in.

:v:

Obscure Node
    Wolfenswan do you have the rest of that video :D? Cause the vid cuts off right at the moment where yours truly made his first kill ever playing with RPS in a TT/FOLK game! Unlike everyone else before me, I survived those AIs!!! Hilarious how everyone went "the new guy is on his own" on comm XD That's exactly how I felt, I was on my own in the middle of the desert with tangos all around, without even knowing where they were! Awesome session!

(not sure if posting comments is appropriate in this thread, maybe you guys keep posts to narratives of the action only? if so, just delete this ^^)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Post anything relevant to the mission/session.

I'm afraid I don't have that bit, I only frapsed Null's demise. But we all witnessed your killing spree ;)

More video:

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix49 View Post
    (not sure if posting comments is appropriate in this thread, maybe you guys keep posts to narratives of the action only? if so, just delete this ^^)
    Almost everything is permitted (short of compromising pictures of party officials), but please cross-post to the official thread! :)

last vid! Not complete, but most of it.

Network Hub

[AAR] Tactical Tuesday 15/05/2012 Vehicular Manslaughter

- Fired Up
    - Belanus
    - Garbagemen
    - Cacheola

Thanks to all for the great session, much death and success was had. Thanks especially to all the new guys who turned up it was great to have the high player count (I think we broke 40) so please come visit us again.

Post your stories and thoughts below.

We are going to need some more missions :P

Obscure Node
    Fired Up

Missed out on this mission.

Belanus

Just managed to catch the end of this mission in JIP slot. Toppometer gave me a lift (and others) from spawn to catch up with the others. Blew up some Oil Tanks and that was the end.

Garbagemen

Null's mission was pretty good but needed more zest and CHAAAAAAARGE from everyone.

Plan was head into town, kill all enemies, blow up caches and then leg it to the evac. We didn't even make it to town...

I played as an PMC engineer (with the same skin in Day Z) with Ivan as my minion. We were ordered by the commander to fix any broken vechs. Unfortunately our friendly BTR was blown to smitherens and couldn't be fixed nor replaced.

Everybody attacked with bridal rage. Then the hinds flew in and took most of us out. I managed to chuck some orange smoke then died by enemy fire.

Ivan was crawling around dodging the enemy's tanks treads. Then got shot.

Cacheola

PvP match. Not really a big fan of PvPin` but Tactical Tuesday made this fun and tense.

Plan was Indie Coffee Shop Owners defend caches from the Americana Tea Drinking Association. Bodge was my leader and followed his commands. Me and Bodge planted IEDs in different locations, marking it so our side know where they were.

Suddenly, we heard gun fire from the villa. One of the comrades was killed and the fellows were under heavy fire. There was nothing we could do for them. Suddenly, everything went to hell in the southern side.

The enemy blow up the caches in the south. Kefirz managed to take over a broken humvee with the gun still working next to the very last cache, I was the distraction... or so I thought.

Somehow, StrangLove blew up 3 of his own men while providing a good distraction. He did apologize for blowing up the building I was in.

I decided to use ingame VON to "lure" the enemies in. Killed 2 of them before I was taken out. Kefirz downed some men but alas, was shot by the sneaky Americanos. Americanos won, the Indie Coffee Shop Owners lost.

Overall, a good session was had. Looking forward to more in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by x25killa View Post

Somehow, StrangLove blew up 3 of his own men while providing a good distraction. He did apologize for blowing up the building I was in.
    It's those faulty American Satchel-charges, I tell you!
    I'm Respecting your culture!

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangLove View Post
    It's those faulty American Satchel-charges, I tell you!
    DAMN AMERICANOS AND THEIR FAULTY HARDWARE! It was a nice house. Was going to have a family there. Have a farm, grow veggies.
    Last edited by x25killa; 15-05-2012 at 11:03 PM. Reason: I bugger up the Postal Quota System.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I really enjoyed last night, I forgot how much fun being a medic is. I would suggest one thing though: smoke grenades for medics. There were a couple of times when I could have really used some of them, and there was almost no one else around to cover me while I was healing people. (Might as well ask for a VSS while I m asking for things).

I almost ragequit during Cacheola when I was laying on a roof to see where the Americanos are coming from. Suddenly I came under fire and made for the door so I can go down and relocate, when Arma decided I should stand up in order to cross the door threshold and of course I was hit by bullets. How much more embarrassing can a death get? I was raging!

Edit: It was nice seeing so many new(ish) people.
    Last edited by kataras; 16-05-2012 at 11:22 AM. Reason: I forget things

Lesser Hivemind Node Stellar Duck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    I really enjoyed last night, I forgot how much fun being a medic is. I would suggest one thing though: smoke grenades for medics. There were a couple of times when I could have really used some of them, and there was almost no one else around to cover me while I was healing people. (Might as well ask for a VSS while I m asking for things).

I almost ragequit during Cacheola when I was laying on a roof to see where the Americanos are coming from. Suddenly I came under fire and made for the door so I can go down and relocate, when Arma decided I should stand up in order to cross the door threshold and of course I was hit by bullets. How much more embarrassing can a death get? I was raging!

Edit: It was nice seeing so many new(ish) people.
    So that was you? I wondered why you would get up under fire. Guess we got you then. :P
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 1982.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    Medics usually do have smoke, I definitely did on Belenus.

So that was you? I wondered why you would get up under fire. Guess we got you then. :P
    And I got you at that wall, you and your fireteam.

I was sure I had an IED, that's why I ran up to the HMMW but somehow I confused something :/

It was amazing to see the server so crowded, especially without it being a directly-scheduled event announced as a main post on the front page. New people: If you have any thoughts on how we can do things better, please share them. Don’t be afraid to tell the chattier old salts to shut up and let you think for a moment or that things were unclear :)

Belenus:
    As Fox FTL I had two new faces and a crusty old Unaco in my squad. We were combined with Echo, lead by Tink, who had command of the two fireteams. For the first half of the mission we saw relatively little action as Alpha/Bravo and Charlie/Delta teams were spearheading things. We crossed the main road several times whilst command was rotating assignments and I was honestly kind of surprised we didn't get slaughtered doing so - that road was a clear kilometre long run straight down to the front door of the military base. When we reached the southernmost reaches of the Shapur-2 compound we'd had sporadic engagements, but never really had to worry as there were so many of us that the sheer volume of outgoing fire killed everything.

The enemy got the fight back in them when we reached that southern wall. Tink got sniped and Unaco got winged but the support teams (MMG, HMG, MAT, etc) helped us clear out the responsible parties. As the surviving FTL I took command of the section and relayed the orders we'd gotten for command: attack the front entrance of the military base, sweep through the gates, and meet up with the force that was penetrating the northern wall. Seeing no surviving hostile forces, I gave the command to waltz through the gate like "Big Guddamn Heroes". For the hell of it, I decided to jump on a formerly occupied static MG and scan around south -

Bullets whizzed in. Our seven brave men fell almost instantly. Two dead, four writhing. Myself, hanging onto the static machinegun, bleeding and dazed. Command couldn't get medics to us immediately. I emptied the magazine of the gun southwards and managed to put down two targets before I bled out.

A few minutes later the mission was called early as a complete success - all the enemy AI had been killed and there was nothing that could have stopped us from blowing up the targets.

Garbagemen:
    I wrote this mission and commanded it. In hindsight I made several mistakes:

• I didn't go through with my original detailed plan and tried to free-n-fast it so we weren't waiting around
    • I didn't pick the right support teams, preferring an infantry wave tactic (against tanks and choppers)
    • I mixed up the two-fireteam pairings that had been used in the previous missions by having a four-fireteam group and a two-fireteam group
    • I put too many goddamn enemies right in front of us

Despite this, the fireteam leaders did an excellent job of shepherding people to the front. The original plan was to have a support team to our west, consisting of Sniper, HMG and AA capabilities. This overwatch team was to look out for manned static weapons, resting vehicle crews and provide covering fire against any large infantry formations or possible attack choppers. Their firepower was to be supplemented by a BTR with HMG, giving them two HMGs, an AA launcher, a sniper rifle and the ability to relocate if they came under fire. They would have been exposed to vehicular assaults, but their role was primarily supposed to be providing support and information.

The front line was supposed to be infantry, with their RPG troops holding back a few steps from the main body and ready to act as a quick reaction force. Behind them I wanted Medium and Heavy AT teams, Medium MG team and the Engineers/Medics. Behind them, and providing close in fire support, I wanted the BTR-90s and BMP-2 armoured vehicles we had at our disposal. Those of you who played the mission might have thought that we had enough vehicles at the start for an armoured spearhead assault, but none of them had any real armour and.. Well, you saw how badly we got chewed up anyway.

In any event, what actually happened is we had the BMP and one BTR pull up the rear of the infantry, only to get popped immediately as we entered the woods. The sniper team snuck behind enemy lines but couldn't do much. The infantry, lacking in special weapons and taken unawares by MVD security/special forces in the woods, were slaughtered. To top it off, I got sniped quite early on.
    Then a pair of enemy Hinds swept in.

I am a bad commander and a... punishing mission designer.

I apologise for that being a bit of a flustercuck, but at least we saw a hell of a lot of hardware being thrown around. Right?

Cacheola:
    I was a lowly RPG gunner for this PVP mission. We hid in town until Blufor breached the perimeter and took out the first cache. They swiftly moved to our adjacent cache and blew that up too. I was lucky enough to see several blufor troops down a street from my vantage point, and having decided I was unlikely to survive to see any HMMWVs, let fly with my rocket. It killed one man and made several others panic. I then lost an exchange of rifle fire and had to crawl to safety. A friendly face patched me up, but as we moved north to rendezvous with the rest of the defending team we were both blown up. By the defending Commander, StrangLove.

I guess he died early in Garbagemen.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Fired Up
    I was an AR in alpha squad, we were on the western side of the road, in cover behind some rocks. I was ordered to engage enemy trucks and slaughter the infantry with my MG as they piled up. That went well, and I think I actually blew up a truck with my MG fire. We didn't have any casualties I think, the only death was someone at the very start, who got run over by a friendly BMP.

Belenus
    I was in MMG support squad. First time "in command", basically I had no idea what I was doing, thankfully my assistant gunner, Toppometer, took over (thanks for that btw). We were supporting the forward advance, and we had to lay fire down the road. We moved from roof to roof, killing a lot of far away dots on the horizon. Then as we got closer to the main base, i got shot from somewhere and the second gunner died. Thankfully Bodge patched me up, but I missed the main assault on the main base.

Garbagemen
    Ooh, this massacre. I was in Charlie squad. We were moving up to the enemy town, through a forested valley, suddenly, bullets started flying all around me, luckily I had a big rock in front of me, so I hid behind it. I tried to get a bearing on the enemy fire, but couldn't see anything because of the trees, something heavy was shooting at me, could have been a heavy MG. A minute later, nobody was responding on group VON, they were all dead.
    Then I saw the horrible picture - lots of dead and wounded comrades all around me. As soon as the shooting stopped, I hurried to patch up a wounded friendly. I started patching him up, he said "Thank you" and then boom, im dead.

Cacheola
    My favorite mission in this session. I was in BLUFOR. Our job was to approach the town from the west and destroy the weapons caches. I was a gunner in a Humvee, when we approached the town, the rest of the squad disembarked, while I stayed in the Humvee as support. I think I fired the first shot in this mission, as I saw an insurgent running beside a building, don't think I killed him, though. I opened fire on some insurgents on the roofs, and killed one who was in the open, and then whoosh, an RPG flew right by me, lucky me I guess. Then I heard an order from my FTL that I need to support them immediately, so I moved up deeper into the town. Some insurgents appeared and opened fire on my squad as I was looking the other way. My squad was killed, and I was the only one left. I raged and started spraying my MG in the general enemy direction. I think there were 4 or 5 insurgents, they were all shooting at me from different directions, but the armored machine gun nest saved me. I tried to back away, but my wheels were already borked. I made my last stand, killed one guy who was crawling to my Humvee (Wolfenswan, was that you?)
    ,then someone climbed to the roof and shot me from above, where there was no armor.
    Last edited by Halop; 17-05-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Network Hub

[AAR] (Sun) 20 May 2012 Tiggerfish

A word from TigerShark
    Please post in both forums
    http://www.ferstaberinde.com/folk/fo...php?f=10&t=424

Missions:

Bend
    Swept LE Adversarial
    Ride of the Valkyries
    Skyline

Comrades, a great session with a player count close to 40. I'm very grateful to everyone who came along tonight. An excellent turn out and fantastic to see so many new joiners.

Some highlights for me, I particularly enjoyed Unaco's last stand in Bend and there were several excellent firefights to be observed from spectator (which I appeared to experience quite regularly).

Special mention for the new players - I hope you enjoyed your first Folk session, and will join us again next Sunday. Also, please remember the excellent ARPS Tactical Tuesday, where you'll get to play with many of the same comrades, and experience the joys of respawn.

Again, huge thank you to everyone who came along tonight.
    Last edited by Bodge; 20-05-2012 at 10:06 PM.

Obscure Node
    Bend
    I wasn't there for the mission, therefore no comment.

Swept LE Adversarial
    I was in the indy team, Head begin the commander made a plan, I was with Delta, ran down the road, kataras (from the other team) flew out of the helicopter and landed next to me dead. 20 seconds later, I got shot by an AI UAZ. Was enjoyable to watch while dead.

Ride of the Valkyries
    MMG leader, plan was to capture the town, helicopter got shot at, some men died, we landed, we charged, fight, joined forces with MAT, lack of commander was bit of an issue. Charged into town, no one was about, got my South and North mixed and my comrade Crash got shot. I avenged him, revived him, and hunted down some more. We both got killed in action.

Skyline

This was the most enjoyable mission of the session. Bodge being the leader of MMG, I had a laser marker providing distance and location of enemy to Bodge. He managed to get the most kills. Everything went pretty good.

My first ever folk, had a brilliant time!

My quick overview

Bend
    Died pretty much instantly with the rest of alpha when I took a BMP shell to the face.

Swept
    My game crashed when we started, much rage was had on my part!

Ride of the Valkyries
    ​After surviving the trecourous helocopter journey with alpha and bravo and not dying after it overshot the LZ and took fire, we then valiantly pushed forwards to the wall where half a team had got gunned down. I healed a squad mate only to be repayed by being shot from the humvee that flanked our rear. Here is where I was KIA.

Skyline
    This was by far my favourite game of the evening, we had phoenix as our FTL who did a brilliant of commanding the FT. We had made it right up to the ridge of the last mountain where over half the FT was gunned down in a hail of bullets. A glorious death.

All in all, had a great time!

We had what, 34+ at peak tonight? Not a bad number.

You might think I went into the session intending to be a trouble-maker.

Bend
    I was Echo FTL.

I had my section hide as the CO wanted and planted a satchel on the road. "Oh, what will happen if I die before I get to use the satchel? I'd best put a timer on it". Two minutes before the convoy arrived, the satchel went up and I was deeply concerned that I'd alerted the lead vehicle. Fortunately, that wasn't my great mistake.

My great mistake was preparing a soundbyte for when we were to engage - I accidentally clicked to start it a few moments early. Cavalry trumpets sounded, people stood up and fired RPGs, and... well, we died. Despite the best efforts of Phoenix, who has developed a healthy distaste for standing in my proximity when bullets start flying, my entire fireteam bought the farm before the end of the mission.

Swept
    Alpha FTL.

We lost Kataras to the Dove Of Peace bug - he got stuck in the rotors of one of the choppers and flew over enemy lines. We then lost SuperU to a crash. That left myself and Joseph/Sulphur. We pushed up, a bit ahead of Unaco's plan, and couldn't find any enemy. So we kept pushing. At one point I popped three smoke grenades and had us charge across an open field in what was described as an act of 'Heroic Stupidity'. It turned out to be doubly stupid as we already had friendlies on the far side of the field.

As we approached the main street through the town, we caught sight of and engaged hostiles. I managed to kill Banshee, whilst Joe got Bodge and Tigershark. The mission ended with all the defenders crushed between us and the mechanised unit they were trying to break through.

Ride of the Valkyries
    Alpha FTL.

A man in my squad was pilot for our aircow, containing CO/DC/MMG/MAT/Alpha/Bravo, whilst the other 'cow took Charlie/Delta/Echo/Foxtrot. Sadly some rust on the ol' joystick meant we overshot our LZ into hostile airspace. Bullets pinged through the back of the bird and took out several people, including my RPG gunner (Mort) and our commander (Bodge). That left me in command. We eventually made it down, a good kilometre east of our intended LZ.

The second section had made it down in good order, I tried to reorganise what elements we had alive to fit Bodge's original plan - this mostly involved telling the people who had made it in safely to make risky dashes to our intended LZ whilst we caught up with them from behind. We started by converging on and capturing a bunker at a crossroads, but when I had us regroup between two of Bodge's markers things started to fall apart. I got swiftly shot and things proceeded downhill almost as swiftly as can be imagined. The last dozen survivors were eventually ordered into a death-or-glory charge. There was a humorous event involving several enemy AI soldiers following our air asset with their rifles, only to end up pointing them directly at the back of one of our fireteams. A brief moment of confusion was followed with a burst of lead and several deaths.

Skyline
    Commander.

I used a classical plan: FORM LINE! FORM! LINE! AND! ADVANCE! BY SECTIONS!

Well done by all fireteams and fireteam leaders for keeping your heads together whilst I was trying to figure out what to do next. Apologies to Izzanbaad (for ordering him onto a rock made of moon-rubber which launched him into space) and Kataras (who I swear I don't remember shooting) who I apparently got killed. Fewer apologies to StrangLove, who had a toy slot and got utterly bored by being completely ineffectual with it. He volunteered, after all.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Obscure Node

Hi guys, thanks for the games tonight. I really enjoyed them and i will definitely be playing again.

Bend
    Had what i felt was a good position for this one. Got three RPGs on target and even turned one of the BTRs (which Unaco took out at the end) into a burnt wreck which nevertheless continued to spew out 14mm death! Had a moment when i realised me and Phoenix were the only two left out of our fireteams. I was just informing him of this when i was plinked in the head.
    One question there: What the hell were those BTRs made of?!

Swept LE Adversarial
    Had some trouble hearing Tigershark in this one, unfortunately so spent the first part of this severely confused! I did manage to get a firing position eventually, alongside Pirate and kept heads down on the South West hills (may even have got some kills) before getting hammered from i-don`t-know-where!

Ride of the Valkyries
    My least favourite mission of the night play-wise, but i did enjoy the significant time i spent spectating. I felt quite effective in this, suppressing and killing, moving up with Foxtrot and Echo. We got too focussed on the hummer and i took a round or two. Thanks to Concrete, who managed to revive me before we took heavy calibre fire and both of us died. Good mission.

Skyline
    Spent this one moving around with Null, who very kindly eased me navigation dilemmas with waypoints to squads in need of medical attention. I was making a difference there, right up until i was catapulted into a rock!

Overall, a friendly, enjoyable experience. Thanks again and special thanks to Null for the game reminder and invite.