Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar

RPS & RTRS 1st Birthday: Shenanigans?

It occured to me the other day that I've been playing Planetside 2 for over a year now.

Both [RPS] and [RTRS], have existed in some form since ~25th August 2012:
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...ck-Planet-Beta

Of course, the formal outfits begin with PS2's release on 22nd November.

So, whichever way we look at things, 1st birthdays are coming up. Seems to me like this should be recognised in some manner.

1) Is there enough desire for an actual, proper, meetup? Preferably involving drinks. I'd be up for this. London seems an obvious choice due to connectivity, but it's hardly cheap. Any better suggestions?
    Dates for meetup? Probably not August...

2) Meetup-or-no we should probably do something in-game to mark the occasion. Ideas?

3) What date is the actual birthday? Does it matter?
    Last edited by Cooper; 13-08-2013 at 03:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Meetup would be really nice, but if we are going for a meetup 25th of august is probably wee bit short notice.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    Meetup would be really nice, but if we are going for a meetup 25th of august is probably wee bit short notice.
    Yeah, thought I had mentioned that in the post. Realised I hadn't. I'd done that thing of thinking about something then thinking about doing it, but then not actually doing it...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

I'm definitely in. I would suggest aiming for november would be best as it will allow us to get cheaper train / planes tickets.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    And also much too close to Wife's birthday. (Which takes precedence...)

I would love to come to a meetup! It would have to be a Saturday during September or so, for it to suit my schedule, I think. I could probably get away with a daytime flight over go London and one night's stay, at least if I fly home reasonably early the next day.

For in game stuff, how about we all go throw a disco around the TR warp gate or something?

I'm going to be a bit biased, but hey, screw it. Location wise I find Manchester a good idea. It's relatively central in the country, is nowhere near as expensive as London and has one of the busiest airports for our international compadres. Also lot's of different kinds of bars and stuff to suit everyone. Again it depends if people are planning on clubbing or not (not a massive fan myself, find me a decent pub where we can all get drunk and laugh at Grible) as to where we go but Manchester should be able to easily accomodate.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    nowhere near as expensive as London.
    Thats true enough. Last time I was in manchester, a 14 year old was harassing people coming out of a pizza express trying to sell them drugs. If you're willing to shell out a little bit more I guarantee you that sort of shit wont happen in soho
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Manchester would suit me pretty well (I'll not suggest you come to me in North Wales because well, it wouldn't be great). I'm always suprised by how much drinks cost in the city though.

With it being a bit close to do something end of August, I wonder if we should go by the "offical" days. as told in game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Mandatory post

"Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    End of August is too close for anyone international who'd have to fly in. That's two weeks away.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

I anything was going on at the end of august it would suit me to a T, since I'm off that week. lol. In fact I'm about to book my holidays for Novemeber at the moment. Since My birthday is the 23rd November i should be off around then as well. So either way that'd be awesome. A mini meet at the end of august for those who can make it and a main one in Novemeber maybe?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Definitely game for another meetup, last was fun. Would be good for some other Traitors to turn up Manchester works for me, assuming I'm earning at that point (or I'm eligible for more student loan, finishing off my degree this year). I'd be cool with Birmingham again too.
    mickygor, Battlefield 3
    Otmer, League of Legends EUW
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC

Ill be in London and Birmingham in October. In London Im (very likely) hosting a radio play being recorded (with audience) so maybe itd be a good time to meet up then?
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Manchester, Newcastle or Glasgow would do me. London's a bit of a pain.

Activated Node
    I would be game for any of that, but I'm busy on both the 25th of August and the 22nd of November.

Someone organise a meet up some other time... preferably in Oxford :P

Somehwere north of the Arctic circle would be good. Rest of the world is a bit of a pain to get to.
    BobHound - EVE Online

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Activated Node
    Dag nabbit, expecting another clan member at the start of September so I am fairly sure the wife will say no to me heading off at the 11th hour

Any chance of getting some tshirts organised?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Another one? I dont remember you mentioning that before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxHcx7FO8nI

Quote Originally Posted by SaintFillan View Post
    Dag nabbit, expecting another clan member at the start of September so I am fairly sure the wife will say no to me heading off at the 11th hour

Any chance of getting some tshirts organised?
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Another one? I dont remember you mentioning that before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxHcx7FO8nI
    It's part of the reason to get out of London.. too expensive and the education system is in the sewer.

Of course for old grey gits like you it's perfect