Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I would be extremely pleased if I were to manage to attend a get-away in the poor excuse you people have for woods. My requirement is that direct flights from Gothenburg (Landvetter or Säve) land reasonably close, and that we go for the November date.

I don't much fancy smoking (nor drinking, frankly), so I'll leave you to that. I wouldn't mind a board game or RPG session or two, though.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    I don't much fancy smoking (nor drinking, frankly), so I'll leave you to that. I wouldn't mind a board game or RPG session or two, though.
    Fear not, I'm a non-smoker, a light drinker, but a heavy boardgamer

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    I would be extremely pleased if I were to manage to attend a get-away in the poor excuse you people have for woods.
    We'd chopped down all the trees by about 150 years ago I'm afraid.
    We can take you out to the man-managed hillside though...

Yeah. Swedish subsistence farmers and landowners replanted their trees, so we can take you out into our man-managed woods, if you want. To be fair, many of them are actually pretty decent. Still man-managed (and felled every so often) to an alarmingly high degree...

Edit: also, this sounds good:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    Fear not, I'm a non-smoker, a light drinker, but a heavy boardgamer

Mmmm, looks nice!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Ooh, tennis! I mean, I'm not really into physically active gaming...
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

also, http://www.groupaccommodation.com/ga...9#.Ugs989I3vB0. I like the setting inside one of the rooms for table top games. plus cellar arcade

Activated Node
    That's amazing! £1500 / 40 people is £37.5 each which is pretty damn reasonable. Bit out of the way though.

I'm up for this, November would be best for me. As far away from August as possible really as I'm getting married in 1.5 weeks so I might just have a bit of money by November.

you could rent a bus from london or wherever, and have a designated driver.

Im a very experienced driver, Im sure theres someone else amongst us thats equally or more experienced in driving heavy loads/lots of people?
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    you could rent a bus from london or wherever, and have a designated driver.

Im a very experienced driver, Im sure theres someone else amongst us thats equally or more experienced in driving heavy loads/lots of people?
    There are some legal issues with that mind. Up to a 14-seater minibus, we could probably get away with (it's not strictly speaking legal, but there's a loophole we can exploit). Anything for carrying more people needs special licenses. Also, it starts to get more difficult for a weekend getaway, if people have to make a 5 hour journey to London, then a 4 hour bus ride to Devon. There are train stations down that way with reasonable speed services though, and even a couple of airports. I'm sure logistics can be worked out, but for most people, Cornwall/Devon is going to be a pain (this also holds true for Scotland, most of Wales and Northubria/Cumbria really)

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Also, don't slag off London education when I know where you moved to.

"Right kiddies, todays lesson is why the English are imperialist scum and we should separate as soon as possible. After this six hour class it's lunchtime, then an hour of PE and then story time. Todays story is William Wallace - The Hero that beat the English single handedly then invented the CD and became a dot com millionaire but got out before the crash because he was super duper smart."
    All accurate, apart from PE... no kids do exercise anymore..
    Last edited by SaintFillan; 14-08-2013 at 11:11 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    OK, we can't really pick a house until we have a reasonable idea of numbers.

So I think we need to pick a weekend (I'd be inclined to go for somewhere near the anniversary according to PS2, but whatever), then canvas on Mumble for everybody to register their interest somewhere (Form on the website? Or a google doc?). Then we know what size of place to go for.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I also agree with CMaster that we should pick a date near the anniversary according to PS2
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by SaintFillan View Post
    All accurate, apart from PE... no kids do exercise anymore..
    I'm pretty sure in Scotland that P.E. is essentially running from someone threatening to knife you?

More on topic - a weekend later in the year is a good idea.

This sounds like a most excellent idea, and as good an inspiration to get me back into PS2 as any. I can probably provide transport for a couple of people from the East of England to wherever we end up.

If we are going for a self catering type affair, I am happy to gather food requests and funds to do a cash and carry trip so we can get substantial, cheap eats. I will not cook.

Quote Originally Posted by stoopiduk View Post
    This sounds like a most excellent idea, and as good an inspiration to get me back into PS2 as any. I can probably provide transport for a couple of people from the East of England to wherever we end up.

If we are going for a self catering type affair, I am happy to gather food requests and funds to do a cash and carry trip so we can get substantial, cheap eats. I will not cook.
    I've never cooked for that number of people, but given help I could have a go. Really depends on what the facilities are for self catering though. Otherwise we could place the biggest takeaway order the local area has ever seen.

I propose the weekend of friday 22nd, sat 23rd and sunday 24th. 1 year of PS2 that weekend. If people can't make the friday (which I assume most won't) we can arrive wherever early on the saturday, get settled in and play some games! Now to figure out how to get some LAN involved lol

Network Hub
    Page 1 - "Hey guys, we should really meet up to celebrate this occasion! Anyone interested in getting a few drinks in London?"

Page 3 - "Great plan! We'll rent the castle, possibly a bus, and with dozens of us attending, we'll be able to play ten concurrent games of Arkham Horror!"

I'm absolutely not mocking anyone, I simply love the enthusiasm behind this. I also love the escalation from a meetup in London to renting a stately home.

I'll probably not be able to attend, which is unfortunate, but if this does happen, I demand to see pictures/read AARs.

Quote Originally Posted by fish food carl View Post
    Page 1 - "Hey guys, we should really meet up to celebrate this occasion! Anyone interested in getting a few drinks in London?"

Page 3 - "Great plan! We'll rent the castle, possibly a bus, and with dozens of us attending, we'll be able to play ten concurrent games of Arkham Horror!"

I'm absolutely not mocking anyone, I simply love the enthusiasm behind this. I also love the escalation from a meetup in London to renting a stately home.

I'll probably not be able to attend, which is unfortunate, but if this does happen, I demand to see pictures/read AARs.
    AAR: