Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

You guys can just leave me here...

or here
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

I looked at the hot tub and thought "I'm totally reserving this for me and my girlfriend" :P.

Then I found this one:

http://www.groupaccommodation.com/ga...6#.UhHzwdI3vB0

IT HAZ A MOAT!

The one with the moat is already booked, I have emailed the other asking if they'll do a single night stay for a large group.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I don't think we really want to do a single night, especially with people coming from afar.
    I think we should book for Fri and Sat nights (that way, we can have stuff going on throughout Saturday), and make sure we can stay until a reasonable time on Sun.

Also, we really need to shout about this on mumble and get a good idea of numbers before going too far with contacting places.

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    I don't think we really want to do a single night, especially with people coming from afar.
    I think we should book for Fri and Sat nights (that way, we can have stuff going on throughout Saturday), and make sure we can stay until a reasonable time on Sun.

Also, we really need to shout about this on mumble and get a good idea of numbers before going too far with contacting places.
    Totally up for arriving on a Friday but I'll need to know soonish to be able to book the friday off.

Should we give a deadline of say Sunday to yell at people on Monday and then after that book?

Wheatacre Barns' reply -

"I do have availability for the weekend request in November but I do a weekend break which runs from Friday – Monday (3 nights). You can of course stay for less time as requested but the prices are for that set period.

I have in total 8 converted barns on site so your numbers of 20 would be a combination of barns which sleep up to that number. I have listed below the barns available and numbers which they accommodate and prices for the weekend commencing Friday, 8th November 2013:-

Mallard Barn (sleeps 7) £440

Coot, Widgeon & Teal Barns (Each sleep 6 in large spacious properties) £415 per barn

Snipe & Woodcock Barns (Both sleep 6 but smaller property than above) £395 per barn

Pheasant & Partridge Barns (both sleep 2 with many added extras) £325 per barn.

Full details, descriptions and images can be found on our website www.wheatacrehallbarns.co.uk .

If you did wish to proceed with a booking I would require a 25% deposit with the remaining balance required 56 days before the let commences. Upon receipt I would confirm the booking to you in writing. I do accept either card (just ring through card details) or cheque (payable to E S Burroughs & Son) payment."

I'm happy to pay that, but it ain't cheap. I'd imagine we should look for somewhere a little cheaper.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Important thing about any set of cottages/barns/etc is that they have a big, sharable social space I think.

Some seem to, some not.

An annoying amount of the really big options on some sites are in Devon/Cornwall or Snowdonia (occasionally lake district), neither of which are great for accessability. Eg this place which other than being in sodding Exmoor seems pretty good http://www.independentcottages.co.uk...ages/thecleeve

Vauge options so far:

http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/burford/26072

http://www.independentcottages.co.uk.../coughtonlodge

https://www.welcomecottages.com/cott...16165?adult=20 - Ugly inside and out, but accessible, and has another big place n site if we need more.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Price is not really an issue for me really, unless it goes beyond like £100-150 per head. I guess others may have differing opinions, though.

Whatever happens can we all agree that there will be copious amounts of Daft Punk and that Jag brings a mix tape

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    I'm in a similar position to EsotericReverie, both in terms of budget and availability. I expect to go but haven't sufficient clarity over my availability to make a meaningful contribution to the poll of dates.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

I'm perfectly happy to do a Friday/Saturday night stay-over (drive over after university on Friday, home Sunday evening). Stoopiduk's barns seem to come out to around £30 a night per person, which is actually highly reasonable. If I have to pay for Sunday night too, I will do so, even if my particular circumstances mean I can't be there.

tl;dr - Wheatacre Hall Farm looks good

It does make it flexible that people can arrive on the fri if they need to, and leave the monday as well. Just so long as everyone understands it's the same price, i think that's fairest.

Also, if we go for Wheatacre I'd be happy to get one of the two person barns for me and Terena. Be a nice break for the two of us as well!

A biiiiiiiiiig table and a place to sleep and store my beer and I am happy. Pick one
    Last edited by madmoxxi; 19-08-2013 at 06:50 PM.
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Alas I cannot come, just had a lovely vacation in Finland. But I can recommend some of the Hotline Miami songs for your playlist(especially MOON - Hydrogen).
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    Alas I cannot come, just had a lovely vacation in Finland. But I can recommend some of the Hotline Miami songs for your playlist(especially MOON - Hydrogen).
    Someone for once visits Finland, and no one tells me (Where were you at btw?).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Graerth View Post
    Someone for once visits Finland, and no one tells me (Where were you at btw?).
    Helsinki, I stayed at a friends place. I will inform you next time! Although your reaction is typical for most Finn's; 'What are you doing here?!' is a oft heard phrase!
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I actually live in eastern finland , but who knows when i happen to be in Helsinki for some concert or something.

I would be up for this. Where do I sign?