Software Problems

I thought we could need a thread about every kind of software problem with PS2.

Since today I get CtDs every few minutes (approx. 1 CtD every 10 min). I think there was a update before. Any suggestions?
    I'm running without PhysX and had very few CtDs before (maybe 1 every 5 hours or something)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    i had that yesterday, but it fixed itself after a while. highly annoying.

ok... so i hope the best...
    have stopped playing for today after half an hour

There has been an ongoing issue with PS2 since ?GU8 and CTDs, related to NVIDIA graphics cards and their drivers. The situation was terrible during the 320.xx driver releases, had somewhat improved with the newest beta drivers (326.41), and then regressed with the newest PS2 patch.

The solution, as best can be right now, is to roll back to 314.22. However, this is only an option if you have a 600 series or older card - new 700 series card owners like myself are stuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cei View Post
    roll back to 314.22.
    670 here, doesn't help for me.
    PS2 Ingame: Agenious
    Mumble: Age

I was having a host of new issues last night after the hotfix (CTD, continual UI bugs, severe framerate issues) so it looks like I'll have to try rolling back again. *sigh*

EDIT: Went to roll back and discovered I was already on 314.22. I think I rolled back to that after the previous update that broke everything for me (GU12 I think it was?). Grrr.
    Last edited by sinomatic; 17-08-2013 at 01:07 PM.

I don't run a Nividia at all. My framerate was approx the same as before, didn't check but the game ran good. UI was fine for me, too (didn't notice anything at least).
    Just CtDs every few minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by sinomatic View Post
    I was having a host of new issues last night after the hotfix (CTD, continual UI bugs, severe framerate issues) so it looks like I'll have to try rolling back again. *sigh*

EDIT: Went to roll back and discovered I was already on 314.22. I think I rolled back to that after the previous update that broke everything for me (GU12 I think it was?). Grrr.
    The latest patch seems to have demolished reliability :/ What UI problems are you having?

Quote Originally Posted by Cei View Post
    The latest patch seems to have demolished reliability :/ What UI problems are you having?
    I was losing spawn points on the map screen, sometimes the whole map and redeploy list wasn't even appearing, getting stuck on various screens, cursor disappeared at some point too I'm sure. Funtimes all round - made trying to redeploy and keep up with the squad fairly difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by sinomatic View Post
    I was losing spawn points on the map screen
    Got that this week, too, but was fine again yesterday for me.

Try doing some of these:

Ok, its for eeking out some extra performance, but they may lighten the load on you machines and help in a small way

Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    i had that yesterday, but it fixed itself after a while. highly annoying.
    Ok just tried PS2 again and worked for about 40 mins - hope I can join you today, looks good so far.

EDIT: Better now, still got a crash after an hour this evening and left for today because the tank and sniper-fight at Quarz Ridge was not much fun for me. So I think I can play at least for the future
    Last edited by Qw33r; 17-08-2013 at 10:21 PM.