Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar

Post New video - Arthouse Final Part Two of Three : Liberation

Third attempt to do this, that's why it took so long. Second attempt was going to use footage from the Hossin event, we all know how well that went.

Anyway, not sure how this hangs together as a whole and the song I chose is out of my comfort zone, but individually some of my best shots are in this. I'm always happy as long as I do at least one thing differently to last time, and I did several things differently here.

On with the show!

Libereddit - http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c..._planetside_2/

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    That was really good! I liked the tracking shots and the quick cuts on the drum fills especially. The whole thing seemed to fit the NC vibe perfectly. I'm excited about three of three!
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That was long and grand. The shot beginning at 3:59 is amazing too.

I've been meaning to mention this before, but don't think I have - I really think you need to work on a bit more control in your shots. The ones where you pan one way, then immediately start panning the other way feel really jarring to me and abrupt, and a lot of the ones used in this piece at least, could have been avoided by stopping the inital pan a little earlier, and you'd have still kept your subject in frame.

Also, youtube compression ruins this at a couple of points, which is a real shame.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Beautiful scene with the reaver and the horizon near the end. Good stuff all the way through!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Really, really, good!
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    I've been meaning to mention this before, but don't think I have - I really think you need to work on a bit more control in your shots. The ones where you pan one way, then immediately start panning the other way feel really jarring to me and abrupt, and a lot of the ones used in this piece at least, could have been avoided by stopping the inital pan a little earlier, and you'd have still kept your subject in frame.
    Oddly it's something that I've noticed but I thought in this video it was understeer rather than oversteer if that makes sense. Most of the time the subject escaped the initial pan because I keep the sensitivity low enough that it doesn't jerk around too much.

The other thing it could be is I've really only started using an analog pad since getting observer. Prior to that I used d-buttons for pans and theres no way to avoid that jerkiness if I change direction with that. Need to start using the pad on foot instead of just with the observercam to sort that, likely. Thanks though, I'll only improve when I know there's an issue so it's definitely appreciated.
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    It's fantastic. The choice of song made me feel like a story was being told, too. The shot at the beginning of the two guys in the tower made me feel somewhat like an invasion of privacy was happening :P
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Awesome. Is there anywhere you can upload them YouTube compressions free? I found at 720p it was still a bit blocky and I'm assuming that's due to YT.

There's two bits where it got really bad and it's actually like that on the original encode, I should have checked it before uploading to be honest. I'll try and be more careful for number three.

Obscure Node
    Really liked that one Jag, nicely done. I especially liked the two guys in the tower as the lyrics spoke about hiding, the flight shot at 4 minutes, and that final night-time vista. Some really great, dramatic shots in there with nicely-timed explosions.

Network Hub
    Really nice, particularly liked the rolling, tumbling ESF shots... very much looking forward to the final chapter!

The fantastic dogfighting bits are just... well... fantastic! I was really rooting for the guys in those planes. The sequence where the two reavers jump a Mossie and he dragged them over an AA nest was just beautiful physically and in terms of story telling.

Activated Node
    That was fantastic!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, seeing aerial combat from a third person perspective like that is amazing. Not sure why, but I found the Springsteen soundtrack hilarious, it's just so NC!