Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar

The Galaxy spawn changes

I fucking love them. I don't wanna see them nerfed because they are fucking hilarious. They will, however, be nerfed.

In the meantime:
    We should always be running a 'support battle galaxy' with two / three gunners + pilot at all times

(One gunner from each squad plus a pilot in the other squad)

AMS can still be important, but the ability to bring bulldogs on infantry and walkers on air in a well certed Battle Galaxy has always been good. Make it an immediate spawn option for the whole platoon and it's just so useful it would be wrong not to use it to the full extent!

Until the nerf I cannot see myself doing anything else but flying my battle gal setup. I know Dewi's Gal is highly certed too. tbh, with decent acquisition timer certs you only need a handful of certed battle gals to be able to keepat least one in the sky at all times (I think my timer is currently about 6-7 mins...)

The main thing will be to get in the habit of picking up gunners across the squads at WG.

(And, yes, I am excited enough about this that I felt it needed its own thread rather than a post in the 'state of the game' discussion...)
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Definitely worthy of it's own thread! I'm always up for gunning battle gals.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    From the brief experience i had with gal spawning yesterday, i'd say that a nerf is a given at the moment. to avoid this happening too fast, we could help keep the effect these gals are having down by actively hunting them. Incidentally, zephers are really good at killing gals--they kill them in eight shots and are probably the best (most ridiculous) counter to high altitude gals, or any gal, really.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Wait, so if you have a member of multiple squads in a gal - all those squads can spawn in!?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I would have thought that only the pilot's squad would be able to spawn in? That has to change, I'd say! Either way, I too have sunk several thousand certs into my Galaxy, and wouldn't mind using it for more than just one-way trips.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Activated Node
    Me and my friend, when on the game, will almost always be in a battle gal and battle sundi at the moment.
    Jimmysteve123 = Vastrodos123

Network Hub
    Wait, does the new rules mean that a Sunderer doesn't need to be deployed for team spawning? Can you be driving at full speed in full Battle-Sundy mode while dropping a stream of team mates?

Activated Node
    Yes. And all Sundies have AMS as standard. So you can shield break a sundy into a base, man the guns and your squad can keep spawning in it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Is this as hilarious as it sounds? Are there currently nothing but Gals in the air doing battle?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergates View Post
    Yes. And all Sundies have AMS as standard. So you can shield break a sundy into a base, man the guns and your squad can keep spawning in it.
    Depending on no-deploy zones...
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Is this as hilarious as it sounds? Are there currently nothing but Gals in the air doing battle?
    There are a lot more gals than there used to be, but I wouldn't say they're everywhere quite yet. It requires more organisation than a pubbie squad might throw together, for example. That being said, since (imo) ESFs are the most effective counter against gals, it's really brought the air game a lot more purpose, and I've been seeing more ESFs as well.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergates View Post
    Yes. And all Sundies have AMS as standard.
    Nope, you still need to cert into it.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Depending on no-deploy zones...
    Cooper, we tested this earlier at Nott Amp Station. The Squad vehicle spawn bypasses No-Deploy Zones. I ran a Sundy through the shields, and we sat there on the guns and the squad could spawn in, even when I wasn't in the driver's seat.

Completely changes attacking large bases, at the moment. Only downside is the lack of MAXes.

Incidentally, since you can deploy into the Sundy/Gal on the move, you can cap really, really efficiently now, with almost no travel time. Players can stay on the point and clear up while the vehicle moves to the next base, and the squad can jump forward with 10s downtime.

It's completely bonkers and I love it and it can't possibly stay like this, can it?

Quote Originally Posted by fish food carl View Post
    Cooper, we tested this earlier at Nott Amp Station. The Squad vehicle spawn bypasses No-Deploy Zones. I ran a Sundy through the shields, and we sat there on the guns and the squad could spawn in, even when I wasn't in the driver's seat.

Completely changes attacking large bases, at the moment. Only downside is the lack of MAXes.

Incidentally, since you can deploy into the Sundy/Gal on the move, you can cap really, really efficiently now, with almost no travel time. Players can stay on the point and clear up while the vehicle moves to the next base, and the squad can jump forward with 10s downtime.
    That was in response to AMS / GSD.

I know squad spawn works inside no deploy zones. What the changes don't mean are that you can deploy an AMS within an amp station shields.

But, yeah, you can keep a platoon spawning inside the amp station shields with a squad spawn sundy...
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    I've got a cunning plan m'lord....

Now that the gal is a flying death ship of death can we get together a squad which I would like to call "the eternal dropping squad of doom". Essentially this would mean working quite independently of each other and just causing havoc. Infil and LA work best when you get somewhere unexpected. Gals are good at getting you there. Six heavies with rocket launchers insta-melt pretty much anything. Let's do more of this. We have a few dedicated gal pilots and their gals also have bulldogs with thermals. All it needs is one squad for some fun times. I'll try to get this going some time but wanted to share the idea to get interest.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

I suggested this on patch day but was met with little enthusiasm. maybe i wasnt loud enough. I'm going to start shouting continuously down mumble. It'll be like Dom Joly with the worlds biggest headset. "HELLO! EVERYONE REDEPLOY TO THE GALAXY! NO, THE GALAXY! YEAH GRIBLE IS BEING FUCKING TERRIBLE AGAIN!"

That kind of thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    *cough* someone could run a tactical/explodery drop squad during strat.gir *cough*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Explodey is definitely one of the things I had in mind. Tactical could also be cool though I find there's also a lot of fun to be had just causing chaos in the enemy ranks. There are times for disclipine and tactics and there are times for in your face aggression. Not sure if/when I'll be on tonight but if I'm on at a time to make it possible then I'd happily lead a demon drop squad.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

If you do Wally, count me in as a pilot! I'll also like to strap some TNT to my chest and hurtle out of someone elses Galaxy towards an enemy tank like a exploding lemming off a cliff. a fast, movey cliff.