Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Nature's *&$!)^%" Prophet

So we've had a couple of games recently where NP has won for the baddies and to be honest we've felt pretty at a loss for how to deal with him. This is where he jungles a midas, shadow blade and deso and then split pushes to death. We either waste a huge amount of time TP-ing in to whatever tower is getting pushed and not being able to lock him down, or don't and then he takes it. I suspect that we need to deal with him earlier than we do but I'm not sure what heroes are best for this, I had some success Timbersawing through the enemy jungle as he's always surrounded by trees but I dunno if that was a fluke.

Basically I'm asking how you change your game if an NP is picked by the baddies, and when the best time to stop him is, or how you can actually catch him while he splitpushes. Apologies if this is an obvious question >_>

Activated Node
    Storm Spirit pretty much destroys split pushing prophet, once Storm's orchid is up he can easily solo him with a dust some Q spam and right clicks. You can try ganking him aggressively early game before he's got his Midas (which is easier when you're Dire and he's Radiant) which should be easy to do since he has nothing. If you're up against that most stupid kind of jungler, the cliff jungler just place a ward on the highground where he TPs and pelt him to death.

If he's already rolling just long range initiation is gonna let you catch him once he starts splitpushing, stuff like storm bat puck qop basically. You can also try pushing really hard early, take the outer towers and just keep pushing in the lanes so he can't threaten your rax easy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Barathum isn't a bad counter either, but needs a decent earlygame to do so. Nyx hiding in lane preemptively does work too.

The easiest way we found around him was basically to win the game before he became relevant, so a semipush strat with Naga, Leshrac or Krobelus with a 20min rax is not a bad option.

But yeah, he's a PITA and picked a lot by solo pubstar Russian scum after TI3.

Network Hub
    Spirit Breaker is very good at dealing with him yep, as is early ganks offlane Timbersaw, I've had a bit of luck with that myself (Bounty Hunter can have similar results if you get a decent start).

Wisp with a dust is fun too, just take someone along for the free kill.

If you don't have anything that can get to him easily like that then try being cheeky and get 2-3 people together mid/late game and smoke up then sit on lane, as he tp's in you have a free kill Again bring dust and make sure not to waste at least one stun for interrupting his port out.

The other thing that counters him quite a lot is pushing all lanes out before grouping and making a team fight happen, if he has to take out 2-3 waves before getting to the tower he'll think twice and likely turn up to the team fight not contributing much.

In summary though: Yes a good NP is a PITA.

Another option worth considering is to block the jungle camps with wards. Depending on his skill level he wont even counterward them, so he'll be force to get on lane. And if he does counterward your wards, that's 200 gold he can't put toward his midas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Another option worth considering is to block the jungle camps with wards. Depending on his skill level he wont even counterward them, so he'll be force to get on lane. And if he does counterward your wards, that's 200 gold he can't put toward his midas.
    That's a one-two minute delay, better just ward the jungle and gank him at low HP.

Yeah Spirit Breaker and Storm we could do (none of us are great at Bounty) and we need to improve at general lane pushing.

On campblocking then, what's the best use to stymie a jungler? Would you just take out the easy camp or is there some better options?
    Last edited by Jiiiiim; 19-08-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    On dewarding, then, what's the best use to stymie a jungler? Would you just take out the easy camp or is there some better options?
    In radiant jungle you can eat a tree over the pull camp and ward to block both mid camps. On Dire jungle you can ward in the mid cliff to see one mid camp and rune, or between the easy and hard camps on the right to allow ganking from bottom ramp.

basically any hero that also has global presence
    spirit breaker, spectre, tinker, wisp+

Network Hub
    If you have a really good tinker they just take a furion apart, its really good. BoT + Blink + Sheep / Ethereal and Nuke, plus he'll be back for your team fight / push in like 5 seconds time

A lifestealer works well with the Storm Spirit or the Spirit Breaker too, global naix bomb taxi's.

If you use the storm spirit though make sure he tp's to 1 tower away from the tower your going to def with him, you don't want Prophet to have a heads up or he'll be gone; prophet players are easily spooked

Also KotL late game aint the worst to have in a team vs Prophet, he can happily drop the creeps prophet brings with minimal tower dmg being done and if hes not the one defending he can recall anyone that needs to come back after tp'ing to def the tower.

Bounty is easy to play, if you want a few tips remember: Bounty farms heroes not creeps, Bounty is not a carry, he provides gold for the rest of the team with track, he can get quite nasty in his own right but basically get him to 6 (just get exp on the offlane solo) and then immediately at first chance make use of said track to bring much joy to your team mates Oh and never under any circumstance build a bloody Battlefury, nothing makes me sadder.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Even putting the obvious thematic implications aside, Timber ain't a bad choice.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Even putting the obvious thematic implications aside, Timber ain't a bad choice.
    Yeh Timber does well vs most junglers as if he can see someone on low hp he can usually kill them fairly reliably and he has 3 active skills that are spammable that can get rid of Prophets trees, Lycans dogs, Enigma's Eidalons... Not to mention Timber is great with BoT's.

Obscure Node
    Nature's Prophet + Spirit Breaker = GG No Re

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DenieD View Post
    Yeh Timber does well vs most junglers as if he can see someone on low hp he can usually kill them fairly reliably and he has 3 active skills that are spammable that can get rid of Prophets trees, Lycans dogs, Enigma's Eidalons... Not to mention Timber is great with BoT's.
    Timber with stout shield craps all over Enigma so hard. The eidlons do nothing but raise his regen to ridiculous levels.

Another furion match. 650 gpm, ganked him 4-5 times all game yet rat doto won again. Push a bit, invis before creeps reach tower, tp, repeat. No amount of dust and tp can counter 20 seconds tp and 15 seconds dagger.

Fuck icefraud and the smurfs. When is 6.79 coming FFS? It's been 2 months since TI3.
    Last edited by pakoito; 29-09-2013 at 10:11 PM.

Network Hub
    I actually had a friend say he plays LoL a bit more now because he's tired of NP in every single all pick, worse disease than cancer lancer at its worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Graerth View Post
    I actually had a friend say he plays LoL a bit more now because he's tired of NP in every single all pick, worse disease than cancer lancer at its worst.
    Every game now is Barathum, Furion and Invoker mid. Sadly the invoker is on your team and he won't gank until minute 15, where the game is half lost. He desperately needs to rush that Aghanims.

That non-ganking invoker may actually be me :/
    I usually just farm up unless I'm really needed, because I feel fairly useless low level. Tornado, Cold snap and then I'm just kinda standing there; Works well versus squishies, but an axe just walks away. Also, tinker and bounty counter prophet hard
    Timber's allright, but you need the farm.

Have you tried playing as an exort invoker mid? I find it both much more rewarding and enjoyable. You already have a nasty global presence with Sunstrike, but that skill does require some practice to use well. If you get good at attribute toggling you can use 3xquas almost all the time for regen and quickly switch to 3xexort for harassing/last hitting. Get the meteor/cold snap and sunstrike and you can destroy your middle lane if you control the runes.

If you want to avoid the constant pubstomp picks just play single draft. I play it exclusively and rarely see the heroes most of you are complaining about. When they are picked, it's usually not a pubstomper. I think most of these guys just love to destroy people and play the same hero over and over.. and over.. and perhaps another over.. again.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlehenkie View Post
    Have you tried playing as an exort invoker mid?
    People play other than exort mid nowadays? I find last hitting without exort so frustratingly difficult that any other way isn't viable. Invoker is also pretty curious mid-laner in that he needs huge amounts of experience and somewhat good farm to be truly effective, whereas someone like Magnus can pretty much gank sidelanes at level 6 with boots and bottle.