Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I usually just take 1 or 2 points in exort early and then just max quas and wex. Exort just seems so...boring to me. You just have damage and that's it. No regen, no control. Great if you're lacking a carry, but I usually don't go with it. Also, sunstrike isn't that hard . Or it's just beginner's luck, I've only got about 80 games as Invoker. Probably a bit more. And Kaira, if you have trouble cs'ing get blades of attack, iron branch and tangoes as starting items. Helps quite a bit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    Invoker is also pretty curious mid-laner in that he needs huge amounts of experience and somewhat good farm to be truly effective
    Here is your problem. Your average pub, me included, doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    Here is your problem. Your average pub, me included, doesn't.
    And that's so, so sad :/ Invoker is such a fun hero. But anyway, we're getting offtopic. Prophet was it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlehenkie View Post
    If you want to avoid the constant pubstomp picks just play single draft. I play it exclusively and rarely see the heroes most of you are complaining about. When they are picked, it's usually not a pubstomper. I think most of these guys just love to destroy people and play the same hero over and over.. and over.. and perhaps another over.. again.
    My last Single Draft game had Naix, Naga, Nyx, Barathrum, Rubick and ES get picked... With PL chilling in the pool. :/

It is randomly decided. But it does seem like there's a bit of an increase in the amount of "noobs" and cliche russians lately. No idea if that's just me.

It's not just you.

Oh good, I thought I was going insane. Or maybe I already have.
    Anyway, what is causing that? Game release?

Summer's over. College/school starts, lots of gaming time on the afternoon/weekends.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyhx View Post
    Oh good, I thought I was going insane. Or maybe I already have.
    Anyway, what is causing that? Game release?
    Doubtless. I noticed an influx of leavers in particular when the game hit the public.

Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    Summer's over. College/school starts, lots of gaming time on the afternoon/weekends.
    As opposed to, you know, Summer?

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    As opposed to, you know, Summer?
    When you country is a frozen piece of ass you want to spend the warm days outside, with friends, travelling, going to festivals, drinking in the streets or snorting cocaine off a hooker's belly, or whatever other social activities Russians do.

When it's minus cyka outside you are obligated to stay inside and game with other euro suckas, or pass out drunk, die and be found in popsicle state when the ice melts in May. A surprisingly big bunch chooses the later.
    Last edited by pakoito; 02-10-2013 at 09:51 AM.

probably its just gaming time is more evenly spread out during summer, while later due to school etc. free gaming time is more concentrated in afternoon/evening, would be my guess

I'm still is school as well, I seem to be the only gamer. Or one of the few.

If a team plays a NP it means he is either jungling or offlaning (which he isn't that great at), either way it makes their lanes pretty weak. Try to take advantage by running an aggressive trilane and shutting down their carry. 90% of pub prophets jungle and it's not that fast, you need to make sure you punish them in the lanes for carrying a slow jungler. If he does offlane then you will get your pull blocked by treants but he is super easy to zone out or gank because he has no escape.

In terms of picks you need either someone who can gank him easily when he split pushes - bara, storm spirit, riki, nightstalker, qop, huskar. Or somebody who can safely defend his push alone - kotl, windrunner, tinker, and eventually techies.

You can also take your own push lineup and essentially push faster than him. Until he gets alot of farm his push is slow, you can take two towers before he takes one. Lycan, troll warlord and leshrac are really good for this.

Getting boots of travel on your core heroes can also really help to make sure you never get caught without a tp.

edit:

wisp and spectre also great at dealing with him.
    Last edited by duff; 15-10-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Holy shit this tread is back alive. Maybe we should just rename it to the counterpicks/strats thread?
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:
    "By ignorance the truth is known" -Henry Suso

We just had one game finished by minute 30 we had to wait another 30 to win because of rat doto. Furion 500gpm porting behind wave and going for rax. Again. And again. And again. And again. For every invis, port cycle he had our team had to spend 400-800 to counter it (dust, 2x ports). Even if we broke their team and went in a rax rush he'd win.

Instead we had to wait 30 minutes until we were even more farmed, kill him 3 times in a row to spend his buyback and then, PUSH. Three times in less than 5 minutes, and we had 4 fully farmed heroes.

Fuck furion.

Holy shit this tread is back alive. Maybe we should just rename it to the counterpicks/strats thread?
    NO. Let's TRASH TALK NP SOME MORE
    Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    I just won a game against a NP that kept split pushing and overall going all ratdoto on us. He got our top raxes, but we got their throne.

Feels good, man. Feels good.

The best part is when they call you lucky. Untill you sunstrike them for the 7th time. At that point they usually start calling you a broken hero. Or raging in russian
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Or raging in russian
    Cyka.

/10cyka

Cyka 4eva.
    I still have no idea what it means. Should probably google that at some point...
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote: