Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    cyka is russian for bitch

Aha. Thanks
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:
    "By ignorance the truth is known" -Henry Suso

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar

45 minutes of resisting megacreeps after Furion ratdotoing it despite losing his lane and dying several times earlygame, becase lol hand of midas dontcare. We win every single teamfight since minute 30 but we can't leave base. They just sit, get 4 tokens, lose them, farm more and in the end have to go backdoor/allin at minute 80 because they can't win otherwise.

One outstanding won game lost to a single hero doing an average game. Balanced.

And of course the mandatory "ez game noobs lol" I would fucking punch the smirk out of his face.
    Last edited by pakoito; 05-11-2013 at 09:18 PM.

Well, take this with a grain of salt as I'm still a modest player @ DOTA2, but I do have quite a bit of competitive experience in Heroes of Newerth (since Beta) and some LoL in-between.

When you say your team TPs to defend towers and such... we ran into a similar issue against better players/strategies sometimes, and going all "power rangers" on one guy is perphaps the worst response. The only proper "metagame" answer we found to strong solo pushers was a proper carry, ideally with a Battlefury or some sort of reliable AoE. Once lane phase is done, your team should be pushing/occupying one lane, while your Carry should be soloing another, with a TP and proper ward vision.

If a team fight is on the verge of happening, maintain sharp communications and make sure your team is close by your own Tower, and that your Carry does *not* TP until a 5v5 engagement is absolutely certain (and ideally once a first round of nukes has gone off). If it comes down to your Carry VS Nature Prophet in that distant lane, then he needs to be able to handle him by himself. Heroes of Newerth had a few heroes capable of doing that with good GPM, not sure about DOTA2. I do know push-intensive strategies/heroes were far stronger in HoN than in DOTA2 however.

HoN's Nerubian Weaver is "Madman", which has far superior AoE but arguably weaker survivability/single target DPS. As such, Madman was a popular competitive choice to counter those big pushers; he could hold them at bay by clearing creep/minion waves.

Hope this is helpful somehow, sorry I can't be more specific.
    Last edited by Applypoison; 05-12-2013 at 07:27 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Remove Midas from the game. Shit.

Activated Node
    You guys are overreacting.

If anything, Furion has been nerfed significantly in 6.79 due to buyback and Shadow Blade nerf.

If you guys ever find Furion pushing, its because your side did not push out the other lanes first before committing on a single push.
    And generally speaking, Furion is countered by good mobility to gank him. Your team should ideally have Force Staffs/Blink Daggers or their own hero travel ability skills.

Jungle Furion is most easily shutdown by placement of 1 set of Sentries to block middle and safe hard camps and Offlane Furion can be shutdown by early pushing to force the tower down.

That does mean your supports are going to be pretty goddamn poor, and you'll have reduced vision, but that's only fair I suppose. It's a lot better with the nerfs to midas and shadow blade though, I don't have as much of a problem with him now.
    And Tinker just craps all over him
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Remove Midas from the game. Shit.
    But then how I'm supposed to get BoTs, BKB, ghost scepter and drums for my crystal maiden?

Activated Node
    As someone who plays far too much Prophet, here's what I've noticed:

Unless you're sat in the jungle afk farming, the midas nerf isn't a huge problem. If the game is passive you're going to get it in 6-8 minutes anyway. If there's a lot of action you should be able to pick up a fair few assists and kills and grab it earlier (unless you die trying to get said assists / kills, which I do a lot through bad TP locations).

If you know the enemy is going to stack and pull on their safelane, prophet makes a great solo offlaner. Your treants are fantastic at blocking the pull camps and the changes to offlane means you can farm and get xp pretty safely and then nip into the jungle when you have a few levels to secure your midas. If you're not having a good time you can go to the jungle whenever you want but it may mean you lose a tower.

Shadow blade was nerfed pretty heavily and you have to choose between using it to initiate and escape. It's not always practical as an escape too - most of the time enemies are gonna have some sort of detection. I've started to build a blink dagger in certain games as it's great in teamfights and you can blink into trees when you know you're about to get into trouble. Problem is if you build it with phase boots and deso/necro as your first items you're really not going to be hitting very fast. Sheep and MKB mitigate the problem a bit. maelstrom is an item i've seen people build but I'm really not a fan.

I think the nerfs have suited prophet quite well. He has such a wide variety of item choices that people just have to adapt and change how they play him slightly. The only thing I can see that would reduce his relevance would be a change to his teleport ability.

(and for the love of god, please stop cliff jungling him)
    I'll Sproink you out m8

I've never understood cliff jungling. Exactly what is gained here? Except free kills for the mid Invoker <3
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyhx View Post
    I've never understood cliff jungling. Exactly what is gained here? Except free kills for the mid Invoker <3
    Cliff Jungling at Level 1 is the absolute worse form of jungling a Furion can ever employ.

It offers ZERO benefits compared to offlaning or even solo jungling.
    Solo Jungle can get a Midas at 6 minutes with the right micro while normal cliff jungling will get it at 8-9 minutes or so.

Cliff jungling is popularized by noobs, to be honest.

That does mean your supports are going to be pretty goddamn poor, and you'll have reduced vision, but that's only fair I suppose. It's a lot better with the nerfs to midas and shadow blade though, I don't have as much of a problem with him now.
    And Tinker just craps all over him
    Supports usually get their gold from ganks, teamfights and tower kills. Frankly, even when jungling, supports prioritise experience over gold. For reference, take a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJVcqA_VW2Y.

You also will not have reduced vision because you are using Sentries to block Furion's camps.
    Last edited by fenghuang; 29-12-2013 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fenghuang View Post
    Cliff Jungling at Level 1 is the absolute worse form of jungling a Furion can ever employ.

It offers ZERO benefits compared to offlaning or even solo jungling.
    Solo Jungle can get a Midas at 6 minutes with the right micro while normal cliff jungling will get it at 8-9 minutes or so.

Cliff jungling is popularized by noobs, to be honest.

Supports usually get their gold from ganks, teamfights and tower kills. Frankly, even when jungling, supports prioritise experience over gold. For reference, take a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJVcqA_VW2Y.

You also will not have reduced vision because you are using Sentries to block Furion's camps.
    Aren't sentries 200 gold? Then again, I'm usually the mid, so what do I know about supporting :/
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:

Activated Node
    Aren't sentries 200 gold? Then again, I'm usually the mid, so what do I know about supporting :/
    Yea, but usually, the two supports will start with
    Tango, Clarity, Smoke, Courier, 3 Branch/1 Ring of Protection
    and
    Tango, Observer Wards, Sentry Wards, Clarity/Branches

Network Hub
    Hes annoying but theres alot of counters to him that are viable now.

Riki - Sit in lane invis with a dust ready, murder any tree people that appear on sight.

Spirit Breaker - Make sure your near the lane he'll push before you charge or he'll be back in the well by the time you arrive.

Tinker - Mr be everywhere all the time man...

Spectre if farmed - Murder Furion then ulti to the fight, or vice versa, he can't even tree you in cos of your dagger.

Storm Spirit - Port in 1 tower away from the push he's doing and explode in a ball of lightning into him.

Clock Work - For Clock you need to start killing him early (once you have lvl 6) and you need to do it everytime you see him on the map, its a pain if he gets any decent dps or hp you will struggle.

Timbersaw - Timber hates trees and he's equipped to break everything about Furion. Also almost all Timbers will buy BoT's as soon as their bloodstones done, perfect.

Bounty Hunter - You can destroy him from about lvl 5, make a habit of it, other than that play like Riki and just picj him off when he gets to lane.

Nyx - No explanation needed Be Nyx.

Tusk - Much like Spirit Breaker but more dependant on guessing where he'll be, however if you shards snowball and ulti him and he gets away somethings wrong.

Basically any ganker that can kill someone 1v1.

Just don't let him farm for 40 minutes then wonder why you can't stop him, and for the love of all things holy buy Dust for his shadowblade. Once he TP's to rat doto you a couple of times and dies he'll stop it and you'll be getting nice and fat.

Or just sunstrike his ass on a cliff.
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:

Activated Node
    Or just sunstrike his ass on a cliff.
    Well, Level 1 Cliff Jungling is a sign of incompetence. Anyone doing this deserves to be below 3000 MMR.

With me then
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote: