Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    useless info maybe, but also Bioshock 1 dropped GFWL. Perfect timing with the 2k sale at steam.

Chances of them doing this for Dawn Of War II and Chaos Rising now that SEGA own Relic?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by peschiNL View Post
    useless info maybe, but also Bioshock 1 dropped GFWL. Perfect timing with the 2k sale at steam.
    Bioshock 1 never had GFWL

It doesn't get much better than typing a GfWL key into Steam and getting the game without GfWL. There's something very cathartic about it. Everybody should do it at least once. Now if only Dark Souls would allow for the same process.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashbox View Post
    But I loooved GFW Live!

The UI was consistent with the way Windows™ gamers want to interact! It was free to developers, and had reduced technical requirements. Best of all, it no longer required a subscription fee!

Remember Live Anywhere™?? Remember when the floodgates opened for cross-platform play?!

REMEMBER THE LOGIN WINDOW!!
    The Home key on my keyboard murdered my family, so I'm physically incapable of playing GFWL games.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Much as I hated G4WL for the most part, unfortunately 2K have made things worse with Bioshock 2 for me - I stopped it crashing quite so much by using a hacked Xbox Live .dll, but now they've stripped out G4WL it's back to the way it was or worse. I should be upgrading this PC in a week or two (hence my post in the tech help forum here), so I'm really hoping that might fix whatever the hell it is that's screwed up. I bought Minerva's Den when it first came out for PC and still haven't managed to play it all the way through, and considering Bioshock 2 is one of my favourite games of all time I'd quite like to give it another run-through too, Steam cheevos or not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    So apparently the Batman games have ditched GFWL. Maybe I'll actually finish Arkham City this time!:

http://store.steampowered.com/news/11642/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    So now the game wont think I'm a criminal scumbag for trying to use my old save files from another computer?
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Have they also removed the Tages DRM? Pretty much what stopped me from picking these up before now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hells View Post
    Have they also removed the Tages DRM? Pretty much what stopped me from picking these up before now.
    The store page doesn't mention it, so I'm unsure... but I just found out something cooler: apparently previous owners of the games got them upgraded to the GOTY edition for free! (since I never bought those, and they appeared in my library) Unless it's a bug, of course.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    If it's a bug, it's bugged out for me as well!

Unfortunately it looks like that piece of shit took our old save files to the grave with it... =(

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582...17119598626547

Quote Originally Posted by Maknol View Post
    Unfortunately it looks like that piece of shit took our old save files to the grave with it... =(

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582...17119598626547
    That's probably going to happen with Dark Souls if it gets converted as well. Much wailing shall ensue.

Activated Node
    my regular edition of arkham city is now upgraded to GOTY edition, thank you steam. Too bad about the saves, a small price to pay I think.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Was planning on full replays anyways so not too arsed about saves.

I'm not going to get all the Riddler trophies again. I guess I'll never beat all the challenges then.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    That's probably going to happen with Dark Souls if it gets converted as well. Much wailing shall ensue.
    Which reminds me: this is a handy list of games to possibly avoid until the whole GFWL death throes is done with.
    http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Big...r_Windows_Live

Hmm, I'm confused - update for B:AC goty edition downloaded, but still has GFWL. Save still works, mind.

Edit - but I did get a trading card, are they new too?
    Last edited by Blackice; 17-10-2013 at 08:55 PM.
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hells View Post
    I believe all forms of DRM, apart from requiring Steam open, have been removed.